• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I will be registering and paying for Khoa and myself tomorrow (Friday).
I think it is apparent that online payments may not be very available for a lot of the smashers.
I also think that a lot of the smashers are treating it as if this was BAM, where we could just pay at the door.

I really hope this tournament doesn't fail.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Mah Boi. Let me quote Michael Jordan : "Maybe I let you believe it was easy when it wasn't, "Maybe it's my fault that you didn't see failure gave me strength; that pain was my motivation". Why do we all think that this tournament is going to be a failure. Is it because of attendance numbers, is it because of the lack of international players, sponsorships and god knows how many other things. The list will go on and on. My point is, is that we have been given a wonderful opportunity by Shadowlogic to hone our craft and play Smash in one of Australia's biggest tournaments. And while we are supposed to create the hype that everyone so richly deserves all we're doing is bickering, complaining and whining about attendance and wondering whether this tournament is going to fail or not. Who cares about that. We play Smash because we love it and it's what we've been doing for the past couple of years. I admit that the attendance is bad but will us complaining about it solve it. NO. We need to show the community that we are strong and that we will do anything to keep Smash alive in Australia even if it means playing with low attendance which will show everyone else that we are dedicated and passionate about the game and more people will want to play Smash. Not many international players, screw it. We can show the community that we can bring the hype with international players or not and we do what we do because we LOVE it and we are doing our best just so we can entertain all of you guys with international players or not. We need to bring the hype back and we have to stop making excuses. LONG LIVE SMASH. Michael Jordan's speech can be found on the Smash at BAM 2012 trailer. Sorry if I am being over the top but this is me stating my opinion.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Bad news everyone. It is with great regret that I inform all of you that BC will not be able to make it to Shadowloo Showdown. This is a sad day for us all as everyone was expecting the Queensland Smash legend to come down to one of the biggest tournaments in Australia and I'm sad because I just lost my Melee doubles partner. I hope BC gets the appreciation he deserves and that he watches us on the stream knowing he will always be in our hearts.This is a sad day for Smash history. Good luck BC for future Smash events and long live BC.
The way you opened that made me think BC was dead

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I selected the direct bank transfer payment option, but it says that's for paying cash at the venue. Isn't that pay on the day?

EDIT: Copy paste of the confirm screen
Thank you. Your order has been received.
  • ORDER:#16587
  • DATE:October 3, 2013
  • TOTAL:$65
  • PAYMENT METHOD:Direct Bank Transfer

This method is for paying CASH ONLY at ShadowLogic venue

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I selected the direct bank transfer payment option, but it says that's for paying cash at the venue. Isn't that pay on the day?

EDIT: Copy paste of the confirm screen
Thank you. Your order has been received.
  • ORDER:#16587
  • DATE:October 3, 2013
  • TOTAL:$65
  • PAYMENT METHOD:Direct Bank Transfer

This method is for paying CASH ONLY at ShadowLogic venue
That means you have to go to the Shadowlogic HQ which is in Footscray. Address is 442 Dynon Road, West Melbourne, VIC 3003. Go there and pay the amount with cash only in person before the 6th of October and show them that confirmation order above.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
no Bacon? this tournament is dead to me.
Mah Boi. Let me quote Michael Jordan : "Maybe I let you believe it was easy when it wasn't, "Maybe it's my fault that you didn't see failure gave me strength; that pain was my motivation". Why do we all think that this tournament is going to be a failure. Is it because of attendance numbers, is it because of the lack of international players, sponsorships and god knows how many other things. The list will go on and on. My point is, is that we have been given a wonderful opportunity by Shadowlogic to hone our craft and play Smash in one of Australia's biggest tournaments. And while we are supposed to create the hype that everyone so richly deserves all we're doing is bickering, complaining and whining about attendance and wondering whether this tournament is going to fail or not. Who cares about that. We play Smash because we love it and it's what we've been doing for the past couple of years. I admit that the attendance is bad but will us complaining about it solve it. NO. We need to show the community that we are strong and that we will do anything to keep Smash alive in Australia even if it means playing with low attendance which will show everyone else that we are dedicated and passionate about the game and more people will want to play Smash. Not many international players, screw it. We can show the community that we can bring the hype with international players or not and we do what we do because we LOVE it and we are doing our best just so we can entertain all of you guys with international players or not. We need to bring the hype back and we have to stop making excuses. LONG LIVE SMASH. Michael Jordan's speech can be found on the Smash at BAM 2012 trailer. Sorry if I am being over the top but this is me stating my opinion.
inspirational, brought a tear to my eye.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
QLD smash legend?

More like QLD smash noob.

Sorry everyone, next year <3
Don't worry BC mah boi. You will always be in our hearts and I will dedicate my win in your honour. I trust you will watch the stream, that way at least we all have some part of you during the event. Make sure you comment in the stream because if you do, you will make me a very happy man and will make the rest of the community happy. You know, for some reason I feel like I am treating Shadowloo Showdown as though it is Wrestlemania you know. That we are fighting on the grandest stage of them all which is quite true. Keep an eye out later, I am going to create and post a Shadowloo Showdown match card to bring the hype back to Smash @ Shadowloo Showdown. By the way, that really long post I made a few posts above is what I like to call the SurPr15e motivation rant. Here is some music to bring the hype back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nypzmRHSif4 (CD-I Ganon's version of Through the fire and flames a.k.a Through the DIE and the BUUURN) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlIlDqmweM (CD-I Ganon's version of Poker Face a.k.a Your Face) and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LusBXwf74E (Symphony X- Set the world on fire) whose lyrics fit perfectly and music make you want to play more Smash and bring the hype to Shadowloo Showdown in an epic way. Here is the version with the instrumental if you liked that song and want to feel even more epic : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYg9BL3gHP0 (Symphony X- Set the world on fire + Oculus Ex Inferni (instrumental at start of song, latin translation Eye of Hell) ) . Bring the hype back, LONG LIVE SMASH.

no Bacon? this tournament is dead to me.

inspirational, brought a tear to my eye.
Thank you so much man I hope it gives the community the motivation it needs. I feel sad about BC not coming either but remember what I said in the motivational rant. We will be strong and continue the tournament with more hype than ever. BC wouldn't want us to quit just because he is not there. If we do, all we are doing is leaving a stain or an insult on BC's memory. It's like basically saying screw you to BC or anyone else who couldn't come like Luco. They did their best to bring the hype to Shadowloo Showdown and it's our job as a community to continue doing so even if they are not going to be there, in fact they can still bring the hype by making more posts and watching the stream. Let's not ruin the hype that they tried to bring. Remember, BC, Luco and anyone else who couldn't come will be watching the stream so that way we have a piece of them with us in our hearts somewhere. Dedicate our victories to the hype and to those who couldn't come to Shadowloo Showdown. Relax, even if BC, Luco or the others who couldn't make it won't be there at Shadowloo Showdown, we will give them all a heroes welcome at BAM next year. I hope that gives them more hype because I'm certainly getting hyped just writing this post ensuring that the rest of the community gets the hype that they deserve. LONG LIVE HYPE AND SMASH. #SurPr15eMotivation #BringBackTheHype

Great news guys. I just registered. Ready to bring the hype back.

I hope Smash gets a second stream so we can entertain the rest of the community and show them the dedication we have for the game so we can bring more smashers into the Smash family. Whether it's good old Melee, fun Brawl, the next generation Smash for Wii U and 3DS or the classic (and one of my favourites. Its what made me like Smash in the first place) Smash 64. Come on down to Shadowloo Showdown or any other Smash tournaments we have. We'll show you we are friendly and welcoming and that we do not bite.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
...Who are you?
I think I've seen you maybe once?

Not being rude...I really don't know who you are.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@invisi: that option is asking you to pay in cash at SLHQ. not the venue.

if anyone else can't play by credit, pm me and we can sort something out.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
That means you have to go to the Shadowlogic HQ which is in Footscray. Address is 442 Dynon Road, West Melbourne, VIC 3003. Go there and pay the amount with cash only in person before the 6th of October and show them that confirmation order above.

That's not even remotely what a Direct Bank Transfer is, stupid website. Anyway, guess I have to register again in that case.

EDIT: Okay, should be all good now.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
...Who are you?
I think I've seen you maybe once?

Not being rude...I really don't know who you are.
I'm the man that almost beat you in Melee pools at SLHQ when I mistimed my vanish with Sheik on Fountain of Dreams and Dekar was in the background saying I might bring a surprise and I talked to you about why you use Pit even though he sucks. I also kept on spamming my needles with Sheik and kept using her f-air. I was the one wearing a black leather jacket, a black and white cap and was doubles partners with Timic for Brawl and Penguin for Melee and I was playing SSFIV: Arcade Edition with Viva. I was also the one that started calling Sebby THE Meta Knight.

Guys. If you send Ali from Shadowlogic an email to ali@shadowlogic.com.au. You can ask him to provide bank details like Couch Warriors did for BAM this year and make a deposit from there. It's what I did. It saves you from having to go all the way to the venue. All you have to do is go to your nearest bank and make the deposit from there. Choose Direct Bank Transfer option on the registration page when you are registering. Hope it helps guys.

if anyone else can't play by credit, pm me and we can sort something out.
It appears we need more tokens, that way more people get more credits and more people can play by credit. ;)

Hughie

Smash Lad
Are long posts bannable now?
He quadruple posted, triple posted, and excessively posted without editing his last post. So it would've been Suprise -> Suprise -> Suprise -> Suprise -> Attila -> Suprise, etc. Shaya or Suprise edited it into one long post. It's annoying for people.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Guys. I am not trying to create spam. I simply do not know how to put all my posts into one post and I am only trying to state my opinion unless it is illegal now. I apologise deeply to Smashboards, Shaya and the rest of the Smash community to any trouble I have caused.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I admit that my habit of excessive posting is annoying to some. I believe that the reason for this is simply that I cannot stop talking even when I am on a computer. It is because of the way that all of you felt about when I wrote my posts that made me motivated and driven to write more. You have to admit, even I think that some of the stuff I write is inspirational and motivating. The point is, I want to make all of you guys entertained, happy and motivated when we are nearing a tournament day and just make you guys feel happy in general, not annoyed. I hope people will become more motivated. Next time I'll try to keep my posts short so I don't have to bore all of you when you are reading them. Thanks guys for being so nice and appreciative of this post. Sorry for any trouble I caused and keep up the hype and motivation. The Messiah of Australian smash SurPr15e. 8 days until the end has come.

Splice

Smash Hero
if you think that songs a parody you dont know what music is or what it's about.

#DONK4LYF

Attila_

BRoomer
just a heads up, there won't be any friendlies at the venue on friday. that event will take place at SLHQ.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Are you and Shaya coming?

I'm confirmed yes, just need to register (waiting on Shaya). I don't know about Shaya, and something tells me he will be very hard to get in contact with due to the Evo for League being on this weekend...

Potentially one more person will be here from Canberra.

People are so last minute... I don't get it...

Attila_

BRoomer
welcome to australia.

i will go ahead and confirm shaya based on a conversation we had yesterday.

ted and zxv will not be in attendance.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
People are so last minute... I don't get it...
This is Straya, people can't be ****ed getting anything done until last minute because it's a "she'll be right mate".

Then you watch as people panic to get there rego in because the time creeped up on them, then there will be people asking the officials for more time at last min because, they didn't know the rego date, they didn't realise it was the date already, they don't have money and need time (piss poor excuse, they should of arranged something months or weeks ago with the officials like I did!), they didn't know they had to reg, give sob stories and more piss poor excuses. I could go on.

It happens all over AUS, seen it in high school and in the miniature horse industry.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Do you want to know why people leave things till the last minute. It's because they lack confidence and motivation. This is where I come in and motivate each and every single one of you. Don't worry. The motivation will be coming come Shadowloo Showdown. Keep an eye out. Bring back the hype.

Top Bottom