• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I just got to play as Shadow. A little slower than Sonic but he can latch onto things with his homing attack and beat the crap out of them. Also he has Chaos Spear. YAY!

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
THe game is son SH**................Its so boring SA1 and 2 where the best only if shadow died or teleported to some Unknown Deminsion then maybe he still be cool or could have kept him evil but HE's not our CHaracter to critcize its the yougner generation heheh

My brother typed this...

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
http://sonic.sega.jp/event/016/index.html

Found it. Just in Japan. Maybe a couple of weirdo's who go on Japanese sites.

Sonic then Shadow. The BIG gap of votes then Tails.
Ok, I'm nitpicking here, but I'm still not convinced. I used a shoddy HTML based translator and it says the poll was based off 6 questions for the listed 28 characters. I want an "Out of these characters, list them in order of your overall favorites". I absolutely refuse to believe that Shadow would remain second on the list if there question were proposed as such.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
http://www.sonikku.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50358&st=0

One of the largest American Sonic fansites. Shadow is in first by an overwhelming majority. So it appears he is second in Japan and First in America.

These can't be entirely accurate as I don't personally believe that you can poll a minority to figure out what is liked by a majority. But as it stands Shadow APPEARS to be top 3 at least.

I still don't think he will be in Brawl though.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't think you get any accuracy out of polling only a couple of fans either. It is kinda understandable why Shadow is first in America and why Sonic is first in Japan. Attitudes and whatnot.
I'm still pretty unsure if Shadow is going to be in Brawl. If he's pretty popular in America he might still get in IMO.

Peeze

Smash Master
Although that's only a small survey, that may not reflect all of the sonic fans worldwide, Zombie Cola you have to admit that Shadow is not the bottom-feeder you thought he was.

Peeze

Smash Master
Wow you just added life to this thread that had been dead for about 5 months. I've never seen that graphic before, but it could stir up some conversation over another possible moveset.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Chances are it's only Sonic, though if any company is gonna have two it'll be Sega... and if there were two sonic characters, as much as I don't like it, it'd be Tails and him. If not Tails, it'd be Knuckles. Shadow is all the way at the bottom of the Sonic character priority list. He is a new character, while Tails and Knuckles have been around forever. I'm sick and tired of Shadow fan-boys, at first after beating Sonic Adventure 2, I liked Shadow a lot, but now I really dislike him, and he's not gonna be in Brawl. The ending the Sonic Adventure 2 was good, but Shadow has come back to life about 15 times, and how the heck can Sega explain how he survived re-entering the earth's atmosphere, and all he suffered was amnesia. Sonic should be in, and the other spots should be for Pac-Man, Megaman, etc.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Shadow and Sonic are essentially clones of each other (and that's how I liked it until *cringe* SEGA gave him his own games, gun, and implied he was even faster than Sonic in Sonic Battle), plus if any other SEGA representative got in it would probably be Tails since he's been there for a long time now. Though personally I'd rather see Blaze over Shadow even though that's not at all likely. :p

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I doubt Tails would be in because basically he can't fight(atleast not better than Knux anyway). If there are 2 Sonic character the second should go to Knux b/c I can see him fitting in this game best out of all the Sonic characters.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Now I hate Tails with all my heart, but I have to disagree with you. Tails could incorporate all of his inventions- laser, teleportation, the Tornado, etc. and as shown in Sonic Battle, he can fight. Plus he could use his tails as either his B-up like Pit, or his jump like Kirby and Jiggly. Now as much as I want Knuckles, he's my favorite Sonic character, I have to say if there were two Sonic characters (which I doubt) it'd be Sonic and Tails.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The only SEGA character I see coming in Brawl is Knuckles. Sonic can fight, but he's not much of a "fighter," neither is Shadow. All they do is run while attacking. However, I see Knuckles in there pretty easily.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I've been a Sonic fan since 1992, and have followed it ever since, and even I know that including Shadow AS WELL as Sonic would be a bad idea. I wouldn't mind it, it would be cool to see Shadow on the Smash Bros stages, but they can't make him THAT much more different.

Look at it this way. If the game was made by Sega, and they were including two or three 3rd Party Characters, such as Nintendo characters, do you really think they'd use Mario AND Luigi.

Aside from the fact that Nintendo wouldn't want both, so they can more varied 3rd Party Characters. So, no. Just no.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shadow is one of my least favorite characters from the Sonic series

Maybe alt costume for Sonic

Peeze

Smash Master
The only SEGA character I see coming in Brawl is Knuckles. Sonic can fight, but he's not much of a "fighter," neither is Shadow. All they do is run while attacking. However, I see Knuckles in there pretty easily.
Since when do they have to be a fighter to be in? Captain Falcon is also a racer, pal. Nice try.

AS for shadow being a clone, not necesarrily. Shadow is able to control the chaos emeralds, giving him, actually an edge over sonic in the fighting department. Besides, Ike is in the game. And uh, his standard B(eruption) looks a lot like Marth, and roys standard B, so the "no clones in brawl" argument, fails.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
You've clearly been living under a rock.

I'd use my 'Mario' counter argument, but it'd probably fall on dead ears.

Okysho

Smash Ace
the thing with megaman is what would he bring to the table that hasn't already been there he has a chargeable shot much like samus and mewtwo and he has a dash like falco and fox what will he have thats new. Shadow is shrouded in mystery and could be an easily developed character.
What kinda crap is that? Shadow isn't shouded in mystery! He'd be a sonic clone with different A attacks and maybe chaos control as up B to warp like Zelda

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
i agree. i really think they'll use alternate costumes this time around. I just can't imagine they'd have wario without an option to get into the purple overalls. and it'd be the easiest way to get in dark samus.

i don't want shadow in this game. im **** happy sonic is in, but i dont think shadow really deserves his own spot, but if he was an alternate costume for sonic, that would be kickass.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
No, Shadow does not deserve it. Idiot, ruined Sonic franchise, etc.

Oh and Mega Man has literally hundreds of abilities to pick from.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sonic Costume or AT?

I want Shadow to atleast be a costume for Sonic, and it's a stretch but let em have a Luigified moveset of Sonic.

I just feel that this is necessary due to the fact that Sakurai has just confirmed 3rd party AT's with Gray Fox's update.

raul

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt we're going to get another rep from the Sonic franchise or SEGA for that matter, but if it did happen, Shadow would NOT be a clone. He wouldn't be as fast and his chaos powers would be different from anything Sonic could do. I can see where it is easy to make Shadow a clone, but you can make an argument for any character to be a clone. Anyway, if not Shadow, Knuckles def. would be great.

However, I could see SSBB going to Mega-Man or Pac-Man as the final 3rd party rep.

Peeze

Smash Master
Shade brings out a good point. With the addition of gray fox, 3 party assist trophies are nt out of question, therefore shadow chances of being in the game have increased, but possibly as an assist.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Shadow will end up either as an Alternate costume for Sonic, A trophy, or an AT at most, but NOT a playable character, not only is this suggestion BAD but we don't need another Sonic representor who would be a clone of Sonic

Top Bottom