• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Browny

Smash Hater
anything below like 120 is just luck/guessing, the average is all that matters.

Lowest I've averaged over five clicks is 162.8 now :DDDDD
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qukfvr.jpg

Overall range around 150-200 though

lol expert mode is 10+ clicks, insane mode is 25 :bee:
http://i45.tinypic.com/w2g3sh.jpg

Neko do u have pics of that? coz those numbers are pretty insane if true, that would put you right near the top of best scores recently :O

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
anything below like 120 is just luck/guessing, the average is all that matters.

Lowest I've averaged over five clicks is 162.8 now :DDDDD
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qukfvr.jpg

Overall range around 150-200 though

lol expert mode is 10+ clicks, insane mode is 25 :bee:
http://i45.tinypic.com/w2g3sh.jpg

Neko do u have pics of that? coz those numbers are pretty insane if true, that would put you right near the top of best scores recently :O

Didn't bother to take pictures.

the 120 was from a guess though. LOL

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Take it to private message, Shado. I'm not quite ready to hear man-on-man romancing in this forum yet.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh xD lol, gotchya

@Terry - How long have you had premium? I liek it.

:093:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Like.. a month at least. I was gonna prank you and PD but I can't figure out how. :C
Just PM Queen Killjoy.

Apparently, my prank on Kinzer seems to have "glitched"? His pink name stayed longer than I had premmy lol. >.>

Either that or someone pranked him a few times which he doesn't know of.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So, KID hasn't put up a video yet (I think), but I messed with Diddy's naners and that silly infinite for quite some time over the course of Saturday for like, an hour.

It's pretty **** easy to keep going, but I found an naner lock that branches off from the infinite that guarantees a fsmash at KO percents.

It's pretty much this:

-Footstool (short hop the FSJ)
-C-stick down (throw naner down onto Diddy)
-Z-catch naner while moving towards Diddy
-Footstool (short hop the FSJ)
-C-stick down (throw naner down onto Diddy)
-Z-catch OR catch with airdodge (I find this MUCH easier) while moving towards Diddy)
-Jump and immediately footstool Diddy to rinse and repeat.

That's the basic infinite. Diddy bounces in the direction he faces when doing so (or most often does it that way), so keep that in mind.

Now, from there, here's what I did after awhile:

Instead of jumping back into the footstool -> c-stick down process again after the second naner hit, do the following:

-Short hop
-C-stick down the naner where Diddy's feet are sticking out. It will make him trip.
-Air dodge to catch the naner and quickly land. (Can do with Z, but sometimes you drop the naner automatically)
-Rinse and repeat until you get to the edge of a level.

If you're fast enough, you can run behind him, and repeat the process going the opposite way.

Now, for the fsmash/dsmash KO:

After grabbing the naner with an airdodge from the previous step, do the following:

-Glide toss toward the Diddy. Toss the banana straight down.
-The naner will land RIGHT UNDERNEATH Diddy, and push him back.
-Fsmash in the direction of Diddy (usually behind you after the glide toss).

=====

This **** is stupid, hard to execute in actual gameplay, and probably won't change the matchup too much.
Still, it looks SICK when you pull it off.

There's also other things you could do. For example, instead of a glide toss, you can probably JC toss a naner downward and nail the pivot grab for some good damage output.

Anyways. We should talk more about naner setups. Learning the infinite and the KO setup was fun.

EDIT: This just dawned on me as I hit reply. This **** might be possible out of a SDR or a SDC. Holy ****.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i've done the non-footstool one with DDD, if you can chain it and z-catch it correctly you can do this even under platforms, plus like i said it doesnt require a footstool however it does get them to the ledge of the platform for the kill

try doing it under platforms, since fighting diddy at final d would be gay

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True that fighting Diddy is gay on Final Destination.

But we're Sonic. He's surprisingly good at running away from naners.
Probably because he outruns them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i love fd against diddy actually....

but think about this, what would happen if you put nanner infinites and gimmicks together with spindash footstool dumb ness.

also, ive noticed that theres like 4-5 different spindash related methods to get a footstool. and all different percents. i did this really cool thing where i side b hop and as soon as it hits them, you immediately mash the jump button and it will instantly put them in a footstool landing. unless you know how this works its bound to catch people offguard, at which point if you are very precise with your spacing you can land outside their get up attack range, and charge an f smash that will hit them if they get up attack, or roll towards you.

I actually tested this out against a person. I was playing friendlies with pikapika on fri. night, and i got him with side b hop to instant footstool to charged f smash. he was only at 50 so it didnt kill him but its great because its not strict at on the % it works at. side b hop to instant footstool, and ASC to instant footstool work from 0-~110

now put THAT together with the weak nair jablocks that we can do on ROB, Bowser and DDD. lots of **** potential here.

If we could nail this stuff down consistently I think that would push the ROB matchup DECIDEDLY in our favor.

tl;dr Sonic is REALLY really gimmicky, and we havent even figured out all the dumb situational stuff he can do yet.

lol the best part is, none of this was the reason i initially came into this thread.
this is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOzB2OvifU

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
God **** it KID.

My thread about the jab locks and instant footstools talked about how instant footstools are easy to lead into other punishers BECAUSE of how they worked.

You're like, several MONTHS too late.

In fact, I discussed this in SEVERAL places in the Sonic forum before.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
March 14th is my step-dad's birthday.

The day after is the Ides of March.

Is there something else I forgot/should know?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
March 14th is my birthday.

March 14th is Albert Einstein's and Billy Crystal's birthday.

March 14th is the second day of No Koast.

March 14th is the day Heartgold/Soulsilver come out in the US.

March 14th is the day Sonic Classic Collection comes out on the DS.

That's all I can think of.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
March 14th is my birthday.

March 14th is Albert Einstein's and Billy Crystal's birthday.

March 14th is the second day of No Koast.

March 14th is the day Heartgold/Soulsilver come out in the US.

March 14th is the day Sonic Classic Collection comes out on the DS.

That's all I can think of.
mhmm. beat me too it Sonic Storm. :( I am
getting that Sonic Classic Collection. Dang thats three Sonic games. Sonic 4, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, and The Classic Collections. Awesome...

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
March 14th...can't think of anything. It was suppose to be the day when Las Vegas introduced a new bus rapid transit system called ACE but that got pushed back to the 28th of March along with the service changes because RTC (Regional Transportation Commission) is too slow!

Also March 14th is Pi day since the approximate value is 3.14.

Top Bottom