• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Did Americas not get as many options? Ha its usually Europe that gets the dregs gaming wise.
I could have got lost world. But every newer sonic game I've bought for years has made me weep.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I tried putting in your NID and it didn't work, Tesh.
And no Roy, we only got a choice of 4-5 games that all suck. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I could have got lost world. But every newer sonic game I've bought for years has made me weep.

I know it's hard to convince, but I really enjoyed Lost World. And as far as newer Sonic titles go, did you play Generations at all?

I remember the era of only bad Sonic games, except for Sonic Rush which shined like a beacon of hope.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Generations was decent, I played the console version not the hand held, but I might borrow that off my brother if its worth playing. There just weren't enough levels, and the challenges bit of the game bored me, I wouldve scrapped that for more retro levels. I thought a game showcasing sonic throughout history having a level based off of a game made six months prior in sonic coloUrs was a bit pointless. Sky sanctuary zone was my favourite.

I held off downloading lost world cos its cheaper than pikmin and the like to buy on disc. I am a tight *******.

:101:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The handheld version is pretty fun too, but console is def where it's at.

Even though there weren't that many levels, I preferred how much went into them as opposed to just cramming in more levels. The game is visually stunning too. Rooftop Run blows my mind.

Sky Sanctuary is always best.

Word, I'm like that too. I hate not having physical copies of games, haha. I legitimately considered not downloading Pikmin because I planned on buying it eventually, but my only other choice was Wii Party U so ultimately I was just like **** that, gettin' some free Pikmin.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm fine with what we got in the console Generations because of how intricate and brilliant the level design was. Blew my mind when I realized that the other roads in Modern Chemical Plant were actually parts you could get to. Or that you can grab the helicopter at the beginning of Modern Speed Highway's beginning.

I can't decide between Crisis City and Green Hill Zone for my favorite Generations levels.

Handheld Generations is okay. The music is probably the strongest part of that one.

Lost World 3DS is pretty crap though. Console version is fun. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Agreed, 3DS Lost World was kind of a letdown :/ I had a lot of fun with the Wii U one though.

Generations 3DS soundtrack so good. I liked that Mushroom Hill Zone was playable.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
^^ too much.

Imma stay away from smash 4 boards for a while and hide here. Too many histrionics over mechanics, based off playing FFA's, or even better and more common place, watching videos of people playing basically a demo version. 'Seems' seems to be the buzzword in these threads.

I dunno, I'm no where near as hype for this as I was for brawl. Maybe im finally growing up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can't say I blame you.

I was hesitant at first, but once the demo happened I was just really interested in seeing what was known so far and what direction it 'seems' to be heading.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
o my bad, him and I used to play on wifi almost on a daily basis :x
I know man, he told me...

He's a good dude though. I had fun playing against him and chatting.
at least you didn't run into anyone from NE in bracket. They've played me countless times specifically BC who i believe is at zenith
Not too sure. Doesn't sound familiar. My biggest issue with Waldo is that I never really played an Ike, let alone one that knows the Sonic MU. I play a little Ike myself so I'm aware of his tricks, but it's tough when I can start a stock strong and not end it while one hit from him ends me.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Crouching is something that i feel sonic can use effectively vs MK, and the fire emblem characters. Crouch to powershield lets us duck underneath alot of their short hop aerial approaches and enough time to shield the incoming hit. Granted i haven't played an ike who knows the Sonic MU but i'd figure as long as we play like we would vs marth against ike he really can't do much as unlike marth ike has to commit far more for each hit he attempts. That and his recovery is far more linear than marth's so gimping it rather simple.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's weird because I have zero problems with Marth. I actually played Marth earlier that day and it's just a MU I'm really comfortable and confident with. I never understood why people think Sonic has it so bad there.

I was outplayed in neutral which was my greatest shortcoming not being able to adapt to the MU fast enough.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sonic games I've actually played:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (don't think I actually beat the game)
  • Sonic 2
  • Sonic + Knuckles
  • Sonic 3
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • (..... magic happens????)
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings
  • Sonic the Werehog or whatever the heck that was
Those last two "modern" games were only because of Tenki conning me into going on a losing steak with Sonic in Brawl, that y'all made me curious about Sonic.

So like, what "important" canonical games happened in between? As a kid I watched some of the after-school monday-friday campy/silly Sonic show, but never the real Satam one, it had too much attitude for me :b:

I'd like to actually know a bit of Sonic backstory, like what his canon is, who the heck are these stupid other characters like Shadow and Silver and nonsense y'all kids yap about.

Last weekend I tried. I went to youtube and watched a "cutscene movie" of.... I think, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2? I was really hoping for some cool epic backstory. Oy they were bad though, story was lacking and the storytelling was brutal. I feel like there might be a really good "canon" story in there that I should check out. Am I missing something?

Thanks guys !!! :4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
SatAM is amazing.

It's hard to believe that not everyone who deals with the burden of maining Sonic is doing it out of being a diehard.

I've played almost every Sonic game ever, as well as watched basically any form of movie/cartoon/etc. that has Sonic involved...

I like SA2's story for what it is. It's pretty meh in terms of actually being good storytelling but I think it gets way better towards the end with the creepiness of Gerald Robotnik and just like playing the game itself sort of makes the story more rewarding but ya know.

The canon for Sonic is really loose and like forever changing so it's really just whatever you want to get into. There's like a million different interpretations, stories, etc.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I hate Sonic dittos they are a pain in the butt its hard to hit at times and its hard to deal with their spinning with your spinning

infomon

Smash Scientist
omg I found what I'm looking for!

Sonic '06

I'm watching the cutscene-movie on youtube.... this is awesome! Actual captivating story, and great graphics... this is the one I want to play! Sonic Adventures were the not interesting ones.

Edit: OMG the amazing one-liners

"If I had to choose between the world and Sonic... I would choose Sonic!" -- Amy Rose

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I played 06 once. Well tried to anyhow. I was on the first level and after bungling through the level with no control at all I got to my first good old fashioned loop. The first time I flew off it straight into death I was like oh ok I wish I could have prevented that. After losing my first full set of 5 lives in exactly the same way I found it inconvieniant. After continuining and losing 5 lives again in the same way, I accidentally ejected the disk and broke it in half. Good times.

:054:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oh, so the gameplay itself is not good? That's unfortunate. But the cutscene-movie was awesome to watch!! And that's where the His World song comes from?? cuz I love that track!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
infzy i can't tell if you've gone full troll or are the most blissfully ignorant sonic fan in the entire universe

EDIT: Only thing you got right was that His World is amazing because Zebrahead is amazing.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's kinda pointless to assume Infzy is being genuine. Everyone left in these subforums knows damn well that he's ****ing around. :applejack:

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
OK guys I genuinely 100% do not understand

what the :093: does everyone hate about sonic 06

I know absolutely nothing about the gameplay so I can assume it's bad, but like, watching the "cutscene" movie was awesome, it's what I was looking for... the scenes of him running around with that princess chick and like how it starts with the whole future being already destroyed and that silver guy going to kill sonic was pretty frickin baller

wat is wrong with this planet :054:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's kinda pointless to assume Infzy is being genuine. Everyone left in these subforums knows damn well that he's ****ing around. :applejack:
Normally, there'd be no question about that. But infzy is... infzy. He's been here a long time and like, he's a goofy one but I've never really actually seen him be a troll. Let alone be this dedicated to a joke. I'm honestly not sure what to think.

teh mindgamez r reel
I agree with this whole post.

MFZB
MFZB is legit as hell, but I also like the new singer a lot. Albums like Anthem and Phoenix are so damn good. When I found out they were going to do a Sonic theme and I heard how good it was I was so damn happy... And then we were left with Sonic '06.
what the :093: does everyone hate about sonic 06
wat is wrong with this planet :054:
I'd like to introduce you to the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7AtQHXCW5s&list=PLRQGRBgN_Eno6hKuBDtqL9JBv5k5DRGd1
Which spurred this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLve_vezbA

If you even watched any kind of gameplay or sat behind the wheel you would understand that the game is straight up a mess. It's not the worst game ever made as a lot of people like to claim it is, but it's completely unacceptable coming from people like Sega and Sonic Team.

Also, the story is bad. Sorry.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Panty Raid was dope. The album name was enough but there were actually a lot of tight tracks.

Top Bottom