• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFX have mixed volumes. 3.6 beta

Celestis

Smash Ace
I see a lot of sound bug reports. I'm not sure if these are bugs or intentional, but all the new sounds seem to play at low volume and some of the existing ones as well.

Falco's Down tilt has a very underwhelming effect and sounds more like a whiff then a hit.

The Music seems to overpower Roy's Voice Clips.

I personally think the Melee electric sounds sound really hoaky, but that could just be me..

Samus' charge shot at point blank skips the blast sound and just shocks making it seem really off and missing something Again, hoaky.

I think Mewtwo's Shadow Ball while charging is to Quiet.

Mario F- Smash sounds so... Not polished. I think the electric sounds are just to loud over all cause they all sound out of place.

Roy F smash lacks any potency in the sounds. Sounds just like a weak hit. I think this is true for a lot of the sword characters. They sound fine for weak and mid hits. But strong attacks they sound so empty. Do not like it at all.

It's not all bad. I do love the return of the Melee launching sound at high percent from high knock back. Always loved that. Was like blasting off.

What do you all think?

camelot

Smash Ace
I'll try to answer all of these since I probably have the most info on them.

Falco's Down tilt has a very underwhelming effect and sounds more like a whiff then a hit.

Roy F smash lacks any potency in the sounds. Sounds just like a weak hit. I think this is true for a lot of the sword characters. They sound fine for weak and mid hits. But strong attacks they sound so empty. Do not like it at all.
Interesting bit about slash sounds. They were louder initially, but were toned down a bit due to a few PMDT members feeling that they were too overpowering. Seems like the strong hit in particular is something you feel doesn't feel strong enough, and that might have to do with the duration of the sound effect - that is, it doesn't linger nearly as long as the previous one did.

The Music seems to overpower Roy's Voice Clips.

I think Mewtwo's Shadow Ball while charging is to Quiet.
People on reddit are also saying stuff along these lines, and I can explain it. Basically, the reason Roy and Mewtwo's sounds are quieter than in 3.5 is that their sounds were moved from the boss sound banks, which (naturally) had high volumes set for all of their sounds, Roy moreso. In 3.6, Roy and Mewtwo share Marth and Lucario's sound banks (respectively), which makes the sounds quieter by comparison, even though the sound effects themselves weren't modified at all.

Roy and Mewtwo's sound volumes are more consistent with those of other characters, but it seems like they're still a bit too quiet. Especially with stuff like Shadow Ball and victory sounds.

I'm working on fixing this right now, and a lot of their sounds can be upped in volume somewhat without having them clip, which is good.

I personally think the Melee electric sounds sound really hoaky, but that could just be me..
I haven't seen any other comments about this one yet. I'll pass it along and get some more opinions on it.

Samus' charge shot at point blank skips the blast sound and just shocks making it seem really off and missing something Again, hoaky.
This is a bug carried over from Brawl. It's fixable, though.

Mario F- Smash sounds so... Not polished. I think the electric sounds are just to loud over all cause they all sound out of place.
Noted. I'm responsible for this one. I agree that it doesn't fit the move very well, so I'll find something else to use.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Would you happen to be aware of what causes Roy/Marth and Mewtwo/Lucario to have absolutely no voices/sfx on Dolphin if any of the sounds are edited? It certainly didn't happen in 3.5, and I doubt it was just moving the sfx to other groups that caused it.

Top Bottom