• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 2 (all 3 games!)- BC, Canada - Jan. 3/4, 2009

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
EVAN! You seriously need to address these requests for date changes. Alot of OOS people are complaining. We want them to show up =( If u can't change it that's that, but if u can....

Metà

Smash Master
The date is unlikely to change. I have the rooms booked for the 3rd and 4th. I could possibly shift the date back to the weekend before, but it would have been easier to do like, over a week ago. I can't push the dates any later, but if it means anything, SSBM is mostly happening on the 4th.

Sorry about the dates, but this is like, the only time I can ever host this, besides in April.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
next year is 2009 not 2008

If the date changes to 27th december I will be staying in Edmonton to see mstrkrft & steve aoki instead

Metà

Smash Master
Long post regarding set-ups/equipment

Alright, who here can bring equipment (consoles, TV's, recording equipment, etc.)? Here's what we need:
-at least 10 TV's
-as many Wii's and GCN's as we have TV's
-some N64's
-extra equipment such as extension cables, RF adaptors, etc. (if we need it)

I will be providing 2 TV's for sure, as well as a Wii, GCN, N64, some extension cables, power bars, a laptop (for brackets), and hopefully a DVD recorder. I would like to know as soon as possible who can bring any of this stuff, because we are going to need it. If you say you are going to bring equipment, please let me know what things you are 100% sure you can supply. If not, I will assume you are uncertain and would request that you confirm everything at least a week in advance so I know how much stuff I may need to go out and rent/borrow.

I would really like it if everyone who is able could just bring a TV. Small TV's are fine (provided the image is clear enough to use), old ones are acceptable (provided we have the equipment to use it), laggy TV's may be used for friendlies, and it doesn't have to be crystal clear image quality. If I have to/am able to rent TV's, they will be very expensive to have for a full day, so I may need to take some money out of the pot if I don't get enough. Last tournament I hosted we had like, 5 TV's and it really sucked; there was nothing I could do about it and we had to cut out friendlies and some side events. I can't let that happen again.

tl;dr: BRING TV'S/SET-UPS

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I can bring what I usually do: Wii + Brawl + Laptop.
Also, I will make sure I do not forget Brawl or my power cord.
Extra sure!

I promise!

Eggz

Smash Hero
So I'm going to IE Smash, BUT I'm having them take me home the morning after, so I should be at Nate's around like 9 AM at which point we will immediately leave. Will you guys hold up for us if were like a little late?

Also whos down to have a smashfest for a few hours afterwards?

by few hours i mean till like 5 AM

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
I'll smashfest with you afterwards until 5am, of course. This time, if there's partying, no johns. (that big jerk Adamdorf too)

Speaking of the big jerk that knees me all the time...

I'll **** your Falcon for you Adam. In a MM and in brackets. Oh nvm, you asked who was teaming with you. My bad. I'll **** your team too though. That's ok I hope.

YYYAAAAAYYY KOSKINATOR!!! So glad you can make it. We're gonna beast these Barlwers so bad. =D

I'll be bringing my setup as always Evan.

Confirm from meziez
1 TV
1 Wii+Brawl/Melee
1 64+2 controllers.

Edit: This is Dynamism on Jumbleziez account

Metà

Smash Master
So I'm going to IE Smash, BUT I'm having them take me home the morning after, so I should be at Nate's around like 9 AM at which point we will immediately leave. Will you guys hold up for us if were like a little late?

Also whos down to have a smashfest for a few hours afterwards?

by few hours i mean till like 5 AM
Well, on day 2 I think we'll be doing 64 first, so nothing to worry about there.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
who's gonna be there friday night? I'm debating whether or not I should just spend the night there on friday since I kinda don't want to leave that early for the bus on saturday morning lol

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Sweet zombie jebus, I JUST might have to go to this shindig. 64/Melee/Brawl? All Smash?

Oh, put me on the unconfirmed list because I am so thinking about joining the party.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Sion plays a good Link, and Rusty plays a good Bowser.
Still workin' on it, Evan. Still workin'.

And wtf do you mean by "Time: Tentatively starting at 20 am, both days, going until 10 pm on the 3rd, 6 pm on the 4th"? (by that, i mean wtf is 20am)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
who's gonna be there friday night? I'm debating whether or not I should just spend the night there on friday since I kinda don't want to leave that early for the bus on saturday morning lol
I'll be there

I'm ditto mming Sions Link cause mine ***** his. muhahha

I'll ditto mm Rusty's Boozer too

Top Bottom