• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Jason for the Carson City Links.

Also, if you guys go to DBR's place to party, you guys better invite me ! XD. Playing with them can definitely boost us to pro status.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
all matches for Captiol Brawl (reno tourney) are up. check the signature for the tourney video thread.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i wont be going to biweekly for a while now. and this next one looks like it's gonna be ownerific. (the one on the 26th)

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
see you guys tomorrow and i hope that teams will be going on the sames time as singles. At least 1 tv being used for teams.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I updated the thread to include an image of the certificate we're giving out with singles now! Take a gander!

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Update: The Brawl Tournament Today Will Be On The Top Floor Of The Same Building In Rigoberta Menchu Hall

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
yup. totally was. Though, I apologize for not having enough time to finish the tournament. We wont be having doubles on saturday anymore to make sure that doesn't happen again.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Sorry to anyone (Baysians et al) that thought i was coming v_v JR I'll pay you extra for the haircut next time. Didn't mean to ditch you guys just nobody in Deep Norcal really wanted to go...it's a long drive...johns, etc :/

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney as always, Good matchs to everyone

and to everyone who came over to my place afterwards, sorry it was so hot lol, next time we'll set up the **** in my backyard,

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
The thread was updated with our current stage ban list. This is going to be the official list for our tournaments so be sure to check it out:

Random Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (melee)

Counter-Picks:
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
PictoChat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar (melee)
Green Greens (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)
Rainbow Cruise (melee)
Yoshi's Island (melee)

Banned:
Mushroomy Kindom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple (melee)
Big Blue (melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Onett (melee)
Port town Aero Drive
Shadow Moses Island
Corneria (melee)
Mario Circuit
Custom Stages

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL LIST FOR OUR TOURNAMENTS AS OF 4/13/08
THIS WILL CHANGE WHEN SOMETHING MORE UNIVERSAL IS ESTABLISHED

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Please refrain from having a discussion about the stage ban list here. There's a stage discussion thread (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153706). This is our list for now, so please go with it until there's something universal. I personally don't like the list completely, and I'm sure a lot of people won't like it for their own reasons.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think it's very significant to discuss the stages here since

1) these are the stages for THESE tournaments
2) these tournaments are the ones we'll be playing at

there won't be an "official" stage list for a long time; there wasn't even an "official" stage list for melee for almost all of 2007

if you aren't going to discuss stages here, what are you going to discuss instead? some stupid dance tv show? how is discussing the stage set of the tournament for which this thread is created "off topic"?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Pock-wned.

Seriously though, Pocky does bring up a good point.

There is no reason Nofair shouldn't be a counterpick stage; the stage hazards are pretty predictable and easily avoidable. If a Halberd is a counterpick, then so should Norfair. And if we're letting some stages get play-time if they have avoidable hazards, then why not add Wario Ware as well? All the hazards are pretty avoidable, and most people in a serious match wouldn't bother winning the little mini-games. Hell... if they're able to win a mini-game against a good player, then they deserve it lol.

Delfino Plaza is also a bit questionable for a random stage. It definitely qualifies for counterpickability (lol) but the random appearing platforms, and walls make it pretty iffy for a random stage. Especially with the fact that SO MANY characters have a move that ***** against walls.

Yoshi's Island is just ghey. Period. Walk off, with a pit right in the middle of the stage that seems to break at the stupidest times. If you're going to allow Yoshi's Island, you might as well just add Green Hill Zone as well.

Pirate Ship is also pretty ghey. Stupid lever that flicks you a unreasonable distance, bombs, and weird gravity when in the sky makes that place super-fail when it comes to serious matches.

Pokemon Stadium 2 is just.... ew. No. m'kay?

Everything else looks perfect though.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I spoke with chris and this is what we're going to do. So far, we're thinking that everything will be staying the way it is EXCEPT maybe Norfair. We'll have a vote before starting the next tournament. Whether it's banned or a counter pick.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
no one will ever be happy with it. chris and I are talking about it. we're going to tweak it a little more. we should have something solid by next weekend

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Random Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counter-Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (melee)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
PictoChat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar (melee)
Green Greens (melee)
Jungle Japes (melee)
Rainbow Cruise (melee)

Banned:
Yoshi's Island (melee)
Distant Planet
Mushroomy Kindom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple (melee)
Big Blue (melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Onett (melee)
Port town Aero Drive
Shadow Moses Island
Corneria (melee)
Mario Circuit
Custom Stages

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
and don't forget that both players have an option to ban a stage before the match. be happy dam it.

Top Bottom