• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seven Koopalings: Why People Who Don't Understand Smash Shouldn't Interview Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
I just thought it was comical what this interviewer said when Sakurai asked him which Nintendo character should be in Smash 4...
"What Nintendo character would I want added? (A mob of seven Bowser's Koopalings, which prompted Sakurai to caution the 3DS's limits with fighters like the Ice Climbers.)"
... seven Bowser's Koopalings?! Really?! Not one, not two, but SEVEN KOOPALINGS. I am flabbergasted by this uncanny notion. That is all.
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

*Aside from the author's obvious lack of Smash Bros. knowledge, it's still an interesting article that touches on things like balance patching and 3DS functionality possibilities.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Not even as costumes, but a MOB. Right after Sakurai said they're having trouble with characters like the Ice Climbers. If I was Sakurai I'd punch the guy in the face.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Not even as costumes, but a MOB. Right after Sakurai said they're having trouble with characters like the Ice Climbers. If I was Sakurai I'd punch the guy in the face.

Punching isn't gonna solve anything...

What he really needs is pepper spray.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
At least the guy's honest, right? If I had the chance to talk with Sakurai about Smash, I'd probably want to talk about which characters excite me the most, both ones that are fairly realistic (Isaac, Paper Mario, Lucina) and those with no real chance (Sveta, Owain, Blaziken).

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I just wish they'd ask about how they'll go about revealing future info.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
At least the guy's honest, right? If I had the chance to talk with Sakurai about Smash, I'd probably want to talk about which characters excite me the most, both ones that are fairly realistic (Isaac, Paper Mario, Lucina) and those with no real chance (Sveta, Owain, Blaziken).

but asking for a mob of 7 characters (like ice climbers but with 7 people) is a bit too much don't you think? thats like asking for a digimon to be playable.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Sure it's a bit ridiculous, but so what? Guy likes the Koopalings, had the opportunity to tell Sakurai as much, and decided to just throw out the set instead of picking out a favorite. Is that so wrong? It's not like Sakurai is about to change the roster based on a brief comment from one of many E3 interviews.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like his comment is going to effect the game in any way. And his personal opinion isn't objectively wrong. He was asked what character he wanted to be added, and he picked his favorite. If he had pandered to fan demand and tried to plug a character he didn't really want, he'd not only be a sell-out, but also disrespectful to Sakurai by lying to his face over a modest question.

grizby2

Smash Lord
grabbing Popo is tricky enough with nana trying to hit you at the same time. can you imagine trying to grab one Koopaling out of SEVEN?! :crazy:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Sure it's a bit ridiculous, but so what? Guy likes the Koopalings, had the opportunity to tell Sakurai as much, and decided to just throw out the set instead of picking out a favorite. Is that so wrong? It's not like Sakurai is about to change the roster based on a brief comment from one of many E3 interviews.
its not wrong but its like requesting the Wii U be backwards compatible to the super nintendo. Its a stupid answer. Plain and simple.

grabbing Popo is tricky enough with nana trying to hit you at the same time. can you imagine trying to grab one Koopaling out of SEVEN?! :crazy:
finally, someone with brains.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Koopalings confirmed as Adventure Mode boss or Assist Trophy. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Anybody ever stop to use that piece of gray matter in their heads (which is called a brain; try to remember that) and actually think?

Instead of imagining the concept as "all 7 Koopalings at once fighting like Ice Climbers", imagine a concept as "play as a single Koopaling (most likely Ludwig von Koopa, the leader), who can summon the others as means to attack".
Yes, it would still be harder to implement on a technical standpoint than the average character, but it's a more reasonable concept that still conveys the whole "mob" motif.

EDIT: And also stop to realize that a thread such as this goes against thread guidelines? (More pointing at the OP on this one.)

Groose

Smash Champion
A mob of seven characters... well, that would be both hilarious and entirely implausible.

If I got a chance to ask Sakurai about a potential newcomer, I'd probably ask about King K. Rool. Sakurai has already been asked about Ridley and Mewtwo, so it would be a pretty obvious choice for me.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If anything, just have the Koopalings be bosses instead. Can't imagine all 7 on the field at once like grizby mentioned.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like his comment is going to effect the game in any way.
Wait a minute... this guy's requests were Pac-Man and the Koopalings.

Based Sakurai? More like Biased Sakurai, if you catch my drift.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Oh come on it was just a dream, a sweet sweet tender tastey delicious- huh what?- oh yeah just a dream!

I have em too!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh come on it was just a dream, a sweet sweet tender tastey delicious- huh what?- oh yeah just a dream!

I have em too!
Yeah. He'd be perfect with Jigglypuff's moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom