• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setups for Soft UTilt?

MadSlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
As most of us already know, Ryu's Soft UTilt into True Shoryuken is one of the best kill confirms in the game.

But how do we get the UTilt in the first place?

From what I heard, its a good OoS option, but other than that I havent seen anything else to set up for it

Does anyone know of ways to setup into the Soft UTilt -> True Shoryuken?

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
Wait for your opponent to do something unsafe on your shield and punish accordingly.

oc0267

Smash Rookie
.______________________________________________________________________________.
Soft nair? Dair? 1st hit up air? Soft fair? FA1/2/3? All of these are weight/fall speed/hitbox size/percent/positioning based... But what more do you want with a frame 3 confirm?. just get near the opponent... :/

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
As the others have implied, I don't think you need to set up what is essentially a set up in itself.

It's a quick move. Ryu basically has three ways to jab, Up Tilt being one of them; think of it like that. No one really tries to "set up" Captain Falcon's jab or Link's jab or something. You just throw it out and confirm off of it.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
As the others have implied, I don't think you need to set up what is essentially a set up in itself.

It's a quick move. Ryu basically has three ways to jab, Up Tilt being one of them; think of it like that. No one really tries to "set up" Captain Falcon's jab or Link's jab or something. You just throw it out and confirm off of it.
yeah, but when you get one atfer 256 tries, you don't react as fast to land shoryu hehe

Top Bottom