• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Serious] Tier list (order of characters only, Dreamland-based)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I don't care where she gets placed, or if luigi gets placed last, it's not like being placed higher gives you buffs. Just saying Samus has some tough matchups and this is coming from some one who dedicated their samus play. Even tho I switched to luigi, I still main samus, and vsing top pika, kirby, falcon, fox and Yoshi players is a giant uphill battle
and Luigi has similar matchup problems. I mean, at least there have been Samuses (Sameyes?) who have won these matchups. Like Cobr vs. Greginator or Jaime vs. a bunch of people.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
scroll up caneut YOU brought isai up.
yes and you brought up jouske and i was making a comparison. just like isai showing us link can get 2nd in a major, jouske can show us samus can win too, under the right hands. neither of which are reasons why they should move anywhere in the tier list.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If no one demonstrates that a character is good, then a character does not rise. It's not just Isai or Jousuke (who is playing a completely different smash in case anyone here is forgetting,) it's the combination of him + the rest of the other people using said character.

People wouldn't be putting Fox nearly as high if Zenyore and especially LD were not getting that high a placement. People said Fox sucks on Dreamland but then nope these guys did exactly what was needed to put Fox where he probably should be. There are tons of Yoshi mains now getting top 16 if not higher. Thank you Wizzrobe and Tacos for those placements. It's no longer just Sheer and a few others at most.

---- Relation to not 64 below, forgive the "other" intrusion. -----------

I know this is a different smash game but Jigglypuff went from low tier at best to mid and then is now one of the top 8 in melee due to Mango/HBox alone. Jigglypuff was in fact put on top in a super old April Fools list and people could tell it was April Fools due to that placement more than anything.

Peach was bad before Armada. Yoshi was low-tier before aMSa. Sonic/Olimar/ZSS did the same in barlw thanks to their mains.

-----All other smash games aside----

The tier list is a perspective on how characters are doing and eliminating the fact that Isai won the then biggest NTSC-U smash tournament at that point with Jigglypuff of all characters with only dropping 2 games (1 to Dex and 1 to Moyashi) shows that Jiggs has potential. It's not just Isai. I mean he has lost tournaments before and he has lost games. It's not like "hey, my opponent is Isai, therefore I have 0% chance of winning."

And likewise, if a character is losing representation, the character is going down. If a character has no representation, the metagame for said character stagnates. There are barely any good Ness users anymore for example. Most Falcon mains don't primarily use Falcon. Hey, look who dropped.

Last edited:

Synesthesia

Smash Cadet
Samus is actually not to bad. Her recovery is pretty decent, and with enough patience, and good reads, she can do work in certain match-ups. It's not a character I ever see getting top 5 or even top 10 at a big tournament, but it really does all depend on the player, and the player she's matched up against.

sextc

Smash Rookie
I don't care where she gets placed, or if luigi gets placed last, it's not like being placed higher gives you buffs. Just saying Samus has some tough matchups and this is coming from some one who dedicated their samus play. Even tho I switched to luigi, I still main samus, and vsing top pika, kirby, falcon, fox and Yoshi players is a giant uphill battle
Most, if not all of the characters below her are matchups that are in her favor. Even her matchups vs the two above her (jiggs,mario) I'd wager are in her favor as well.

Last edited:

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
can i change my list?

minwu
minwu
1. Pika
2. Fox
3. Falcon
4. Yoshi
5. Kirby
6. Mario
7. Puff
8. Luigi
9. Samus
10. DK
11. Link
12. Ness

edit - holy **** oops

Last edited:

|Czar|

Smash Rookie
As LD did, the brackets show interchangeability among the characters within such intervals:

Top Tier
1) {Kirby :kirby64:
2) Pikachu :pikachu64:}

High Tier
3) {Yoshi :yoshi64:
4) Fox :fox64:
5) Falcon :falcon64:}

Mid Tier
6) {Jigglypuff :jigglypuff64:
7) Mario :mario64:}
8) Luigi :luigi64:

Low Tier
9) DK :dk64:
10) Samus :samus64:
11) {Ness :ness64:
12) Link :link64:}

MasterSplinter

Smash Cadet
Is this poll done? For statistical reasons I'd be curious just to do a perusal of recent tournaments results and come back with tournament based results (and try to fix the skew that Isai can rek anybody with any character)

(which is a joke, but in recent apex's he has been dominant with mid-tier characters...)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The poll is done as per the new tier list being posted.

But thanks for your list Czar.

Raize

Smash Cadet
Smashboards: Raize
1. Pikachu :pikachu64:
2. Captain Falcon :falcon64:
3. Fox :fox64:
4. Yoshi :yoshi64:
5. Luigi :luigi64:
6. Jigglypuff :jigglypuff64:
7. Link :link64:
8. Mario :mario64:
9. Ness :ness64:
10. Donkey Kong :dk64:
11. Samus :samus64:
12. Kirby :kirby64:(Sorry, i suck at Kirby)

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Smashboards: Raize
1. Pikachu :pikachu64:
2. Captain Falcon :falcon64:
3. Fox :fox64:
4. Yoshi :yoshi64:
5. Luigi :luigi64:
6. Jigglypuff :jigglypuff64:
7. Link :link64:
8. Mario :mario64:
9. Ness :ness64:
10. Donkey Kong :dk64:
11. Samus :samus64:
12. Kirby :kirby64:(Sorry, i suck at Kirby)
It's not who you are personally bad with. Also the poll is over

I think I'll go ask a mod to close this, there isn't anymore voting. @Madao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom