• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious issues with Ness

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Yesterday i was playing against a friend who uses ness very well, and from what i saw, thislittle fella gives a hell of a difficult time to alll the pokes.
His stupid dash and Fair are almost unbeatable, his pk fire is an insane set up and his backthrow is the bane of every high % character....specially squirtle,,,he just dies with that throw.
Charizard and squirt seem to have a serious hard time with the range of the PSI.
Ivisaur can effectively keep the distance, but once ness start to close combat, ivy gets pwned.

One thing i have to admit i didnt used, was to go out of stage and kill him while he was pk thunder... but anyways.... the little fella was a pain.

I had to change to marth to kill him.

Help would be gratly appreciated.

Cajole

Smash Rookie
I fought a tourny Ness just yesterday. With Squirtle, the trick is spacing of course. Bait and bair. Ness can be air-combo'd off the edge and properly edgeguarded, can die there. It's difficult, but that's what it takes to be a Pokemon Master.
Ivysaur's vine whip will beat his fair. So will his nair if you aim it right. DI so that Ness ends up chasing you and lead into it that way, then bullet seed/grab/upsmash. His SHbair will beat the crap out of Ness, though I have trouble bairing myself.
Charizard's Rocksmash should be used for protection in this case. Uptilt only when you know he can't dair. Try to juggle Ness, as his air lag allows several upairs before he can recover. Good advice for all three characters actually. Bair comes off faster than Ness' bair. Flamethrower is actually a good choice, for when he's rushing. Learn to time it so that as soon as he touches the ground, flamethrower is over and he can't use it to recover. Worked several times for me. Ftilt/dtilt for kills. Fair only when chasing and you know he can't fair you back(his will win.)

Hope this helps.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I fought a tourny Ness just yesterday. With Squirtle, the trick is spacing of course. Bait and bair. Ness can be air-combo'd off the edge and properly edgeguarded, can die there. It's difficult, but that's what it takes to be a Pokemon Master.
Ivysaur's vine whip will beat his fair. So will his nair if you aim it right. DI so that Ness ends up chasing you and lead into it that way, then bullet seed/grab/upsmash. His SHbair will beat the crap out of Ness, though I have trouble bairing myself.
Charizard's Rocksmash should be used for protection in this case. Uptilt only when you know he can't dair. Try to juggle Ness, as his air lag allows several upairs before he can recover. Good advice for all three characters actually. Bair comes off faster than Ness' bair. Flamethrower is actually a good choice, for when he's rushing. Learn to time it so that as soon as he touches the ground, flamethrower is over and he can't use it to recover. Worked several times for me. Ftilt/dtilt for kills. Fair only when chasing and you know he can't fair you back(his will win.)

Hope this helps.
thanks for the advices... ill try to use some of this against him again. I will not surrender against that little fella just yet XD.

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
Use your opponent's strategy and scream "PK TRAINER" every second time you attack.

Credit to Lightsaberboy

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Ness flies far cause he's light...i tend to zardify him pretty easily cause of that lol.

FLamethrower > PK fire.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I usually kill Ness with Charizard. Hydde already mentioned a couple ways in which Charizard can kill him, and I'd also mention Flamethrower while edgeguarding. It seems to really screw with people who haven't perfected the PK Thunder recovery.

Top Bottom