• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 8, 2014] Shuffle VI (Columbus, Ohio)

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED
www.bit.ly/shufflevireg

Shuffle VI is a qualifier for possible future MLG events!

ESI Background
E-Sports Initiative (formerly OSI) is a nonprofit student organization that partners with companies in the digital media and e-sports industries. We equip entry-level talent with the skills, insight, and experiences that will help them launch their careers in the rapidly-maturing interactive media and video game development space, while connecting companies in the industry to this talent pool. As of fall 2013, E-Sports Initiative is focused on addressing the specific subset of STEM education that relates to the video game industry- computer science and engineering, data analytics, mathematics, and technical design and graphics. We aim to provide certification programs, unique insight into the industry, and networking and leadership development opportunities to future employees in the industry on a national scale through our network.

After the massive success of Shuffle V, we hope to make Shuffle VI even better!

Venue
Archie Griffin Ballroom at the Ohio Union on The Ohio State University's Campus
1739 N High St.
Columbus, OH 43210

Stats:

Schedule
Available here: goo.gl/vtVwM9
List of Events (6 total)
  • Melee 1v1
  • Melee 2v2
  • Brawl 1v1
  • Brawl 2v2
  • Sm4sh 3DS
  • Side Events
Tournament Structure
Money
- 100% Payout per event
- Venue Fee of $20 will be put toward charity
For more information, see the ESI website
We offer a discount for bringing setups and CRTs
If you commit to bringing a setup and do not have one at the event, you will be penalized an additional $20 (Credit to Juggleguy TBH4 for the idea)
Singles & Doubles Payouts
100% per event payout
Breakdown will be added later

Food
Many food options inside the Ohio Union, with multiple other options such as Apollos, Raising Canes, and Subway in walking distance.

Rules
General Gameplay Rules
Brawl Rules: The tournament will abide by the Apex 2014 Official Rules.
Melee Rules: The tournament will abide by the
Apex 2014 Official Rules. Wobbling is LEGAL. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling, as per Apex 2014 rules.
Sm4sh: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nWIODwrMDnNm8xxmGeIjCV1Zt_Ys57cNcmPnMTQtm4/edit?usp=sharing

These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Operators (Mark Ebert, Derek Spinell, Amar Karamali and Brett Hutton) reserve the right to remove you from the venue at their discretion for any reason.

Note: ESI and its members, the Ohio State Student Union and its affiliates, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event, nor will they be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Side Note
Many people require housing for this event, since it is two days. If you are able to help any of the following people or groups with housing, definitely contact them and let them know!

The stream will be available at mlg.tv
There will be prizes given away during the stream, including PS3s, logitech equipment, and quite other things.
Event Discussion
Please comment in the tread below or on the Facebook event page.

Last edited:

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Not till September? That is is sooo long from now. I can't wait that long when I'm overflowing with hype. Y u make us wait so long?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
Depends on who is coming like M2K maybe not but I will go to at least one brawl tourney before I enter Brawl for this tourney

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Would this be a good tourney to go to as my first one?
if you like to have fun and meet people, historically the past 2 shuffles have had insane attendance numbers and you will get the chance to meet a lot of players
if you want to go to a tournament ~just to win~, prolly not.

but i recommend shuffle. last one was really fun. you get a chance to play a lot of friendlies and get good practice in

or if you are me you will face Stewyian every shuffle forever.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Would this be a good tourney to go to as my first one?
I would definitely go to some small local tournaments first to get in touch with your local scene. But if this is your only opportunity I would definitely do it.

Reiign

Smash Cadet
if you like to have fun and meet people, historically the past 2 shuffles have had insane attendance numbers and you will get the chance to meet a lot of players
if you want to go to a tournament ~just to win~, prolly not.

but i recommend shuffle. last one was really fun. you get a chance to play a lot of friendlies and get good practice in

or if you are me you will face Stewyian every shuffle forever.
Yeah I'm probably not that good, so I'm planning on going just for fun. Thanks.

Last edited:

Reiign

Smash Cadet
Do I just go to the tournament listing page to find small local events?

Last edited:

Esports Initiative

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

Just dropping by to say that there will be NO registration cap for Shuffle VI.

The new venue is much larger, and can hold upwards of 1,000 people.

Stay tuned for more news as we work on this event!

Top Bottom