• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 7, 2014] The Cove Monthly 3.9 (WE ARE GROOT! Edition) (Baton Rouge, LA)

'V'

Smash Lord
This will probably be the last Cove tourney before the bar expands and we can more space as well as more smash events, so come out and support it!!

The room we will be using is the non-smoking area of the bar. As should be expected you must be 21 or older in order to be served. 18+ is welcome welcome. Just talk to me and I'll take care of you. Sadly anyone under 18 cannot get in.

Streaming details are still under investigation.

Brackets will be posted on Challonge.com. Just search Cove Monthly or enter:

challonge.com/cove_monthly_umvc3

or whatever your game is at the end there.

http://portroyalcove.com/indexC.html

Tournaments (Singles):
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (360)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (360)
Under Night: In-Birth Exe.Late (PS3)
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Side Events:
MARIO KART!!!!

If you want your game to be run... SHOW UP, BRING A SETUP, and PLAY YOUR GAME.

Entry:
$5 venue fee (waived for people who bring a setup)
$5 (cash only) for all tournaments
$3 for Mario Kart

20% off drinks for all tournament entrants.

When:
4:30 PM - Registration Opens
5:30 PM - Brackets close
6:00 PM - Tournament starts

I am going to be prompt! People are trying to get in and out of there at reasonable times, so brackets are CLOSING at 5:30, no exceptions barring emergencies. PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU'RE RUNNING LATE and I can put you in the bracket. Text or call 225.276.9479

Rules:
-Winnings are split 60/30/10
-Double Elimination Brackets, seeded by location
-ALL matches between players are a set of three games, with the exception of Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which are 3 out of 5 matches except MvC3.
-MvC3 matches will be 3/5 including finals rounds.
-Tournaments need at least 8 entrants in order to have a bracket.
-B.Y.O.C. (No controllers will be provided by the tournament organizers) Make sure you can borrow from someone if you do not have a controller.
-Wireless controllers are prohibited. This is due to syncing up with other systems and potentially pausing another player's match. If you have a wireless controller, the battery pack needs to be removed and a wire needs to be used.
-Please keep an eye on your breakaway cables!
-Be punctual. We don't want to have to DQ anyone, but reserve that right in order to keep the tournament flowing as smoothly as possible.
-Pausing during a match is grounds for a disqualification/loss of that GAME. This is ultimately left up to the other player in order to decide whether or not to continue the match.

Game specific rules:
-Winner must keep the same team (characters and assists but may change order) (UMvC3)
-Winner must keep same character, may change ultra (SSF4:AE v.2012)
-Blanka Alt. Costume 3 is banned. (SSF4:AE v.2012)
-Winner must keep same characters and may change order (KOFXIII)
-All white stage is banned (KOFXIII)
-Smash rules will use APEX rule set: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Mario Kart Rules:
-150cc
-3 races
-all stages set to random
-item distribution normal
-4 person races: Top 2 advance and bottom 2 get sent to losers bracket or eliminated
-$3 Tournament Entry

Smash and Mario Kart will be run by Vaughn!!!

Requests from the TOs:
If you have a setup that can be used for the tournament, PLEASE let us know. Shoot me a PM, email, or IM.
A setup consists of a display (lag free monitor--ASUS monitors are winners here) and a console. I will waive your entry fee ONLY if you inform me you are bringing one and we use it for the tournament.

This info is subject to change! Check back for potential changes!

ogNzeo

Smash Rookie
nooooooooooooooo im 17 :( i finally find a smash tourny i can go to in LA and noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Lol
nooooooooooooooo im 17 :( i finally find a smash tourny i can go to in LA and noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm 16 and the only 16 year old in my senior class. :( the sadness is real. I want to go to a tourney so bad

Top Bottom