• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 27, 2014] MELEE FOR CHARITY (NY Comic Con Ticket Prizes!) (New Haven, CT)

RighteousDude

Smash Rookie
Hosted at Southern Connecticut State University by Alpha Phi Delta fraternity, we are raising money to support Connecticut based Autism Research. This is a singles tournament with 2 Three Day Passes to New York Comic Con (October 9th & were also donated by NY Comic Con). Another two tickets will also be available for raffle including other prizes such as Comic Con merchandise, gift cards and refunds for entry fees plus a little extra cash for your wallets! We will have CRT sets, and if you can bring a set, PLEASE bring your set. Its important to RSVP since it helps gauge a head count for food. After covering expenses (i.e. food since our venue is free for us), all funds go into supporting CT Autism Spectrum Research. The entry fee is $20 (cash only) and you must arrive at the event at the latest by 12 Noon on Sept. 27th (That's a Saturday). The earlier you show up, the better! Late registration is not allowed. For observers who attend, as less gamecubes/wii's are being used, we will have other games for attendees to play (feel free to bring these as well if you have a couple you love).

For transportation, there is in fact a Metro North Train Station approximately fifteen minutes away from the university. We can arrange a pick up if you notify us ahead of time.

General Notes:
-Apex Rules Set
-BYOC
-if you have a set, PLEASE bring them! Notify us ahead of time if you can!
-Food will be sold during the tournament (please notify us of any allergies ahead of time).

Tournament Prizes:
1st - Two Three Day Passes to NY Comic Con (October 9th)
2nd - NY Comic Con Shirt & Gift Cards
3rd - Refund of $20 plus $10

Raffle Prizes:
1st - Two Three Day Passes to NY Comic Con (October 9th)
2nd - Comic Con Poster & a Gift Card
3rd - Moar Gift Cards! Yay!

Last edited:

GOAT23

Smash Rookie
I'm holding a huge event (Nexus) in West Haven on the same day. I suggest changing the date.

Spellmannnnn

Smash Rookie
Is this event still taking place? I know it is the same day as Nexus but the whole charity aspect really draws me into attending this as long as there is confirmation it will be taking place and that people will be showing up.

Top Bottom