• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 20, 2014] FullMetal and Smash Studios proudly present: Tipped Off 10! (Doraville, GA)

pluto

Smash Cadet
i live in NC and have played project m for a while now, kept up with the competitive scene for as long as i remember, and have wanted to get in to it forever. i'm already set to attend BH4 in october, but this is SO much closer to where i live and i think both are actually doable. i'll try my best to make it out. i'd love to learn some new stuff before BH4.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
i live in NC and have played project m for a while now, kept up with the competitive scene for as long as i remember, and have wanted to get in to it forever. i'm already set to attend BH4 in october, but this is SO much closer to where i live and i think both are actually doable. i'll try my best to make it out. i'd love to learn some new stuff before BH4.
Ayye, are you Pluto from HD?

Oracle

Smash Master
I tell you what I'll do. If PM singles finish quickly enough, we'll have PM doubles as well. To make this happen, I'll need players to be on-point about getting their matches done, as well as a few "PM only" volunteers to help out with running the event.

If both of those criteria are met, I have no problem adding PM doubles to the event list.
Having a tournament after pm singles like that is more or less code for "there will not be doubles". Don't think i've ever seen a tournament where a potential event got added day of

The Flow

Smash Cadet
Having a tournament after pm singles like that is more or less code for "there will not be doubles". Don't think i've ever seen a tournament where a potential event got added day of
PM Doubles is going to happen as a side event unless PM Singles ends up being terribly behind schedule. Our dedicated PM staff will have registration available for PM Doubles at the door.

rajwii64

The Hero of Time
NNID
rajwii64
Only 40 min away from me. I am gonna be there this should be fun with alot of people.

Last edited:

townes

Smash Apprentice
I heard a rumor on melee social that Mushroom Kingdom 2 was going to be a legal counterpick for this event. I know we'll be using the apex ruleset, but I want clarification. Is this true?

The Flow

Smash Cadet
I heard a rumor on melee social that Mushroom Kingdom 2 was going to be a legal counterpick for this event. I know we'll be using the apex ruleset, but I want clarification. Is this true?
While MK2 has been a Tipped Off Tradition in the past with every Tipped Off to date having it as a legal stage, we have chosen to not go with it as a CP this year.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
While MK2 has been a Tipped Off Tradition in the past with every Tipped Off to date having it as a legal stage, we have chosen to not go with it as a CP this year.
I read that as "While m2k has always been a Tipped Off Tradition"

I was confused and thought we were having some cult M2k worship event

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Yeah, I'll probably be up for getting my ass kicked at this. Long as I keep learning!

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Here's an abbreviated version of the ruleset until the OP gets updated:

4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 2 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:

Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Dreamland 64

Counterpicks:

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Singles Only)
Distant Planet (Doubles Only)

Last edited:

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
I would like to go but I don't exactly have a ride. Would anyone let me carpool with them? If anyone is going past Mississippi State University and Starkville, Mississippi and wouldn't mind lending me a hand, let me know!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Updated original post with PM ruleset, updated schedule, and added sponsor info.

Please pre-register if you haven't, you only have till sunday this week to do so! =O

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Accepting Money Matches from scrub up-and-coming Melee players who want to get beat by a scrub up-and-coming Melee player.

Piefrenzy

Smash Cadet
Hey, on the Facebook page it says Emergency Registration is from 10 AM to 12, but on here it says 9 AM to 11. Which one is it? One of my friends got the "ok" for him having the weekend off from work and wants to register.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Unfortunate that this overlaps with guts3, I'll have to flip back and forth between streams

Last edited:
Top Bottom