• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 20, 2014] AlfaCollusion 3 - UPDATE!!! LOOK AT OP FOR VENUE LOCATION (Columbus OH)

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, AlfaStryke here. You people asked for it and now you got it. AlfaCollusion returns with probably MORE collusion than ever!!!!! This event will have PM, Brawl AND Melee up in this Mother Effer

Oh Baby!!!

WHEN:
Sept 20th 2014

WHERE:
OSU UNION!!!!
1739 North High Street, Columbus, OH
Interfaith Prayer and Reflection Room 3rd Floor

PRICE:
Venue without a setup - $5
Venue w/ full setup (Wii/Gamecube and tv) - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brawl Singles - $10
Project M Singles - $10
Project M Doubles - $5 per person/ $10 team
Melee Singles - $10
Melee Doubles - $5 per person/ $10 team

SCHEDULE: (Note that this is the tentative schedule!)
12:00 - Registration
1:00 - Brawl Singles Start
1:30 - PM Doubles Start
2:30 - Melee Pools Start
3:30 - Project M Pools
4:30 - Melee Singles Bracket
5:30 - Melee Doubles Bracket
6:30 - Project M Singles Bracket
11:00 - Closing up shop

PAYOUTS
Brawl, Melee, and PM
Singles < 32:

1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 32:

1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

Doubles
1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 15%

Project M Ruleset

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser is banned

Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed

Stage List
Neutral Stages
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Dreamland (64)
    • Fountain of Dreams
    • Yoshi’s Story (Melee) [Singles Only]
    • Distant Planet [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Wario Ware
    • Green Hill Zone
    • Skyworld

Match Procedure
    • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • The players play the first match of the set
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
    • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
    • The next match is played
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Melee Ruleset

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned

Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List
    Neutral Stages
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi’s Story
    • Dream Land
    • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
    • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
    • Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Match Procedure
    • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
    • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
    • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Brawl Ruleset

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • All other chain grabs and infinites are legal
  • There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player is over the Ledge Grab Limit, they automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned and constitutes intentionally making the game unplayable. Examples include becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage.
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For this tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
  • If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
  • Coaching is not allowed during a match

Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack enabled
  • Sharing stocks is allowed
  • If time runs out and a player is over the ledge grab limit, that team loses if no one on the opposite team is over the limit
  • If time runs out and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the match is decided by the team with most stocks, and if still tied, by the team with lower total percent
  • If a player is using Pokemon Trainer, Lucario or Sonic, either team may request team colors to be changed to make it easier to tell the difference

Stage List
    Neutral Stages
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages
    • Battleship Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Castle Siege

Match Procedure
    • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
    • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
    • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. This ban is only chosen one and lasts for the entire set.

Pre-Registration
To make things work MUCH easier and smoother, please pre-register using the Google Docs link below so I can have a general idea of who is going to play what event... Thank you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mur_1FQ-B65qblpGqWfK9jZvvyN7GM9bmA0UuKdsQzA/edit#gid=0

Last edited:

LOE1

Smash Lord
Hmm...This is on my birthday. I'll see what i can do.

Lado

Smash Rookie
Dropping brawl would probably save a lot of headaches. Should be fun either way!

Last edited:

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
jesus christ, cod battle royal, bowlingcelebration and now this.... kill me. i cnt choose

LOE1

Smash Lord
Idk, if someone can convince MI to get a carpool i'll go, but no one else wants to :(

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
WHY YES!!!!! There is decent wi-fi there so I will stream.... I will post the link on the morning of the day. Thank you for asking anonymous stranger!

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Dropping everything but Brawl would make this tournament run way faster. Should be fun either way!
If there was a dislike button I would hit it :(

Same thing to lado. Better to drop pm or melee than brawl.

Also is there doubles for brawl at this event? The rule set seems to imply that there will be but the schedule does not have it.

Last edited:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think you misread my post lol. I was saying drop everything else and leave Brawl, because clearly dropping events saves trouble for running a tournament.

SoulPech

Smash Master
There are no doubles for brawl because there isn't really going to be alot of entrants for brawl anyways. Plus, there's already 5 entrants.

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
This will be my first tournament. What should I expect?

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
expect fun, playing friendlies, and maybe not getting out of pools...you'll learn alot though :)
Don't want to sound like a noob but... what are pools?

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
expect fun, playing friendlies, and maybe not getting out of pools...you'll learn alot though :)
Like I understand how everything works but I've never heard the term "pools" before lol

SoulPech

Smash Master
pools is where you do a round robin and you play like maybe 3-4 people (depends on size of the total entrants) and it determines your seeding in bracket. Like if you get 1st seed you're gonna get an easier bracket than others.

It's possible that not everyone will be able to move onto bracket. For example, if there's 5 people in pools and only top 4 can move on, then the 5th guy won't be moving on. The term is called "drowning in pools"

Mattatari

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MATT#715
NNID
TheSaiyanKid
3DS FC
0817-5200-0570
pools is where you do a round robin and you play like maybe 3-4 people (depends on size of the total entrants) and it determines your seeding in bracket. Like if you get 1st seed you're gonna get an easier bracket than others.

It's possible that not everyone will be able to move onto bracket. For example, if there's 5 people in pools and only top 4 can move on, then the 5th guy won't be moving on. The term is called "drowning in pools"

Gotcha. Thanks a bunch man, you've pretty much helped me on every forum I've popped up on xD

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
I'm scheduled to work 11-2 that day so I won't be able to enter anything unless I call off. I will be there for sure to play friendlies.

Top Bottom