• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 14, 2014] 4SF MONTHLY PM TOURNAMENT - THE REVIVAL. (Daly City, CA)

CPU / Yin

Smash Cadet
4SF is a SSB Project M tournament in the Bay Area, hosted by NCYC (The North County Youth Collective). We are a teen services organization, therefore this is a TEEN event, so please, within AGES 13-19. There will be singles and doubles, with prizes for both. Come hungry, game wise and food wise! :)

Note: Please read the whole post to avoid asking questions that can be answered by the stuff here!

RULES
  • 4 stocks, 8 minutes
  • Double elimination
  • TK Breezy's Tourney Pack Stage list and rule set will be used
  • Giga Bowser is banned!
  • Pause should be off. Pausing will result in losing a stock, so just turn it off.
  • If you and your opponent agree, you can play on any stage y'all would like
  • Bring your own controller!
  • Again, PLEASE BE NO OLDER THAN 19. We're not allowed to let you compete if you're above that age! (we're not going to card you or anything though...)**
FEES AND PRIZES
$5 per singles entrant, $4 per doubles entrant (if you pay for singles, you don't have to pay for doubles!)
No venue fee
Prizes/trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place can include t shirts, movie tickets, and trophies! All money goes towards Daly City Teen Services and NCYC!

FOOD?!?!
There is gonna be hella food, for good prices too (like fries and pizza).
There is also a nearby shopping center where one could theoretically purchase food. But hey. We sell food too.

SCHEDULE
Here's a good idea of the times this tournament will be running by! If you can bring set ups, please do. The more there are, the more efficiently the event will run, making it a lot better of an experience. So, that being said:

11:00 - Sign ups for both events open
12:30 - Doubles sign ups close, and doubles will begin
1:30 - Singles sign ups close, and singles will begin

Once an event begins, no more people can enter! There is no late registration, so please get here on time. If you just can't make it here before sign ups end, you should still come anyway, because there is plenty of smash to be played and people to meet!

QUESTIONS?
If you have questions, contact us...
  • by email, at persianemcee@gmail.com
  • of course you can message me on here
  • and finally, any of the contact info on the flyer
Bringing Set-ups
If you can bring a set up or extra controllers, contact me, and we can coordinate it. Thanks! :)
Another note is, if you are bringing a set up, back up your sd card before hand to your computer so I can extract the tourney pack to it without getting rid of your data you already have. Thanks!

**Hey, Jesse here! I apologize about the last 4SF not happening, there were tons of scheduling issues and we simply weren't able to do it. However, with this month kicking it off, I'm really hoping to get it back in full swing, and I am trying to reach bigger and better events. For the last 4SF, I received tons of push back from the community because my event is only for teens. While I understand that this keeps a lot of the community from being able to compete and enjoy, I need to ask that everyone understands this. I myself understand that a tournament with an age restriction is not going to be popular, but I don't currently have the resources to run one on my own and this is the only way I can. I still run the event at the highest quality I can, and it's still valuable to those who fall within the age limit. And furthermore, if this event becomes really successful, I actually do get the chance to lift the restriction, and then everyone can participate. So I apologize if you are too old, it is simply how I have to run the tournament, and it's how it will be ran. That being said, I hope to see a lot of y'all returning, and some new folks coming as well. And Tyger will be the defending champ, also having PromGig under his belt! Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom