• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

Boiko

:drshrug:
For what game? I see it says Project M and Melee are Luigi, and Brawl is Ike, but I'm assuming you use Ike in PM.

Melee: I kinda have a lot of characters depending on the matchup. For Marth, I'd like to use my main (who I'll say later), but the Marth ditto seems like a better option atm. For IC's, I dunno. I could use my main, but Fox seems like a good option too. For floaties (Samus, Peach, Puff), I'll use Doc. For everyone else, I'll use Mario, my real main. He's got so much untapped potential that I'd really like to show, and I think that having a Doc and a Mario interchangeable is better than having one as a separate main.

My bro is a Marth main, and it's definitely the matchup I know the most. He has a decent Puff and can rest really well. He's been working on Doc lately and has an okay Sheik and Falcon, but is mostly Marth.

Project M: I've only played this game for like 5 hours at my friend's house, which is in Dix Hills, so it's hard to get plans with him considering we're juniors in high school and we're busy as shiet. He may come with me the same day I will (uses Lucas and Kirby in PM, IC's and Zelda in melee, I think Sheik in Smash 4). I tested every character, and from what I've played, Mario, Luigi, Lucario, Mewtwo, Marth, and Fox. If I do end up entering PM, I'll just transfer my Mario Melee knowledge to that game, since he's a lot better in Project M.

I dunno who my bro would use (he's never played it), but maybe Marth or Falcon.

Smash 4: Captain Falcon and Luigi are easily my best. I have a lot of decent secondaries, and I use Duck Hunt and Ness in doubles sometimes..

My bro uses a lot of characters. His mains are more Dedede and Villager, but he also uses Doc, Mario, DK, Pikachu, etc. He also uses Falco and Ness in doubles sometimes.
That sure sounds like a lot of characters to divide your skill between.

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
That sure sounds like a lot of characters to divide your skill between.
Lol yeah it does, but Doc and Mario are so similar that my playstyle hardly changes, just the fair, recovery, and projectile angles are the main differences, but they aren't too different.

Marth and Fox for me are more distant secondaries. I won't pull out the Marth inless the Marth I'm facing really has me down. My bro knows the Marth v Mario matchup so well that he basically knows what I'm going to do, which brings it to a pure fundamental mu that Marth wins by a landslide. I may not even use Fox at all. I'll only use him if I get bopped so hard trying my Mario, so yeah.

electroshockgeo

Smash Rookie
NNID
bansheebones
3DS FC
4554-0586-7052
hey, would I be allowed to come to watch? or maybe bring smash for 3ds to practice/play with others in downtime? also, are there any age limitations? sorry if these are silly questions - this would be my first tournament!

steelguttey

mei is bei
you can come watch all you want, but you cant play on any of the setups unless you pay venue (5$).

nobody that is very good brings a 3ds so they can play with you. if you want experience, enter the tournament!

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
nobody that is very good brings a 3ds so they can play with you. if you want experience, enter the tournament!
I do, lol.

But electroshockgeo, just enter. There's usually at least one beginner around and most people are happy to help you get better. Ask for tips and be persistent in asking for friendlies.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Dear HSS Commuity and Friends,
You have served me well through the years but it is time to find new tournaments AS WELL AS GOING TO HSS! I will continue to come about once a month. the drive to huntington is very far and long and i just cant stay commited to such a long drive and crazy schedule. I will start attending some of the Stony brook tournaments but you bet i will recommend going to HSS when im there. Despite what Rubba says about me being just an intern, i will continue to wear my HSS tag proudly and i will never forget the amazing people and experiences i have had/met there. i want to thank Jess and 1+1=3 for playign brawl with me even though it pains them. Chaz, who is away at college for training me in my beginning days of tournaments (almost 3 years ago!) and lastly I would like to thank the man who makes this all possible, the one and only Rubba Prime! He has hosted oturnaments that have made my life much better in many significant ways! Thank you buddy for all you do! All HSS regulars are like family to me and i will be there every month so think of it as a family reunion lol.

Thanks again to everyone at the HSS Community,
HSS|1Flow

Retro X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
uncorruptable
It says signups start @1 March 21st but Wii U singles don't start til 5...I don't wanna wait around for 4 hours if I go, what time do signups close for Wii U?

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
It says signups start @1 March 21st but Wii U singles don't start til 5...I don't wanna wait around for 4 hours if I go, what time do signups close for Wii U?
signups close a few minutes before the bracket for whatever you're signing up for starts, but it's good to show up at least an hour early for friendlies and such

Last edited:

1+1=3

Smash Cadet
You don't have to show up until your event starts. So if you're only coming out for Sm4sh, you don't have to come out until around 4:30. I do recommend at least an hour before to account for any problems you might encounter on your way here and to alow time for friendlies.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Is this a weekly? I can't go today but would like to.
Unless there's a holiday or personal issue in the way (which has never happened in the several months I've been going), this event happens every week.

lokemer

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm interested in going tomorrow but I won't be able to make it until around 1:20. Is that okay? Or is it too late for registration?
Also I'll bring a wii, melee, and project m.

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Rubba, 1+1, etc. A bit of a request.

Do you think it would be possible for you guys to stream Smash 4, this week or sometime in the future? I think the S4 scene here is growing to the point where you can realistically show it off, and your homegrown talent here is more than happy to commentate pretty much any match he's not directly involved in.

I wouldn't expect this to be a regular thing - I get that PM is the priority as far as this venue goes - but I think this is an untapped opportunity.

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy to!
Considering the technical problems we're having are limited to streaming Wii and GCN footage, we may only stream smash 4 for a little while.

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to!
Considering the technical problems we're having are limited to streaming Wii and GCN footage, we may only stream smash 4 for a little while.
Well, that's an interesting development! Glad you're making the best of the situation.

When would you anticipate having the stream set up by, time-wise?

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Also, are you in the FB group we have? We're taking votes on making Smash 4 start earlier or keeping it at 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom