• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'll just "arrange" an accident for that Meta Knight player and I'll be good. Ness gets the world's greatest Squritle really salty so if you can seed him and Boiko together that would be great. And you're not persuading me to switch from my feminine ensemble this time Rubba, I gotta fight for equality of the sexes, robots don't deserve rights.

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Well, seeding is done by past records at HSS events. Just saying, it could happen, but I keep it fair.

And it took a good deal of time to beat that MK player. Just practice more :bee:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Answering questions in no particular order.

- There is no minimum age.

- Yes, Nakis, my training buddy

- We offer the Salty Seconds bracket as a way to get more tournament play time for your entry fee (read more up in the original post). Our community is very welcoming and happy to assist players of all skill levels improve their abilities.

skaterdude21

Smash Cadet
NNID
skaterdude21
Answering questions in no particular order.

- There is no minimum age.

- Yes, Nakis, my training buddy

- We offer the Salty Seconds bracket as a way to get more tournament play time for your entry fee (read more up in the original post). Our community is very welcoming and happy to assist players of all skill levels improve their abilities.
i cant go for this week cuse change of plans but

1.Is This every Saturday at the same time?

2.Can you only sign up for one game on the tournament?

3.If 2 is a yes is the entrance fee separate or together?

Last edited:

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Ayy I know R.O.B's MU's I run his damn matchup thread. It's probably not the worst but yea it's pretty bad. And I told him 2 weeks ago I was gonna time him out, he just let me cuz he was ledgecamping like a brawl bozo in P.M.

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
Who is this other guy that beat everyone? Also, way to let retired Raptor get second. Disappointed in you guys!

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
L_Pag the Dedede player won. It was a pretty sad grand finals because it was Jiggs verses Jiggs with a big hammer and a bunch of other ****.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
U only got like one rest tho. And I am the one who puts people to sleep with my dank timeouts.

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
Disrespects TO in game...It's cool. Just a game

Disrespects TO by showboating after winning a stacked MU...not classy, but still, whatever

Disrespects TO by not shaking my hand after the match (idk why, you won)...now you're getting obnoxious

Disrespects stream by providing poor commentary because you only wanted to talk about this particular match...

@ Dandizzle Dandizzle , learn some class...and how to commentate.

It's cool though as I'm still the better ROB :awesome:

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
I didnt see you offer your hand, but sure if you wanna turn the tables like that fine. I r criminal. And I didn't want to commentate but no one else would and I dunno how you would figure out if it was poor or not considering you were playing, and I only stopped when I had my match.

Last edited:

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
My Jiggs is still OP tho :^) Putting people to sleep and then crushing their dreams ayyyy. Minus that D3 :sadsheep:
To be honest you probably would have taken game 2 of the first set if you didn't SD :p
GG's tho, really fun matches!

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
I know about the commentary because all the footage is archived. Once again, you stood up to showboat before the timer even hit 0. You're no criminal, Dan, but you sure were an immature punk yesterday. Pro tip for future reference, don't piss off your TOs.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
I've never seen Dandizzle play but Raptor is smart and probably right so I'm just going to agree.
Dan's good but he's been off his game since 3.5. Also Dan "Doesn't play ROB anymore" apparently

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Watched VODs.
2free4me.
Just curious, did you watch any of my matches? I'd love a general idea of my skill level if you'd be so kind. I was pretty off last night control wise (i did down b a lot instead of side b, missed l cancels, etc...) so take that into account @_@

Boiko

Just curious, did you watch any of my matches? I'd love a general idea of my skill level if you'd be so kind. I was pretty off last night control wise (i did down b a lot instead of side b, missed l cancels, etc...) so take that into account @_@
Will watch when I get home.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
He is a better R.O.B than me tho, I would of played R.O.B if I thought that. I'm trying to ween off of him but he's comfortable and he's the only character I've fought Jiggs with. You can see from my profile I main random.

Last edited:

Boiko

Okay, so I watched your set with Dandizzle who, ingeniously CP'd to WW, lol.

Overall, you're not half bad. I definitely see a lot of room for improvements. For example, I see that you were occasionally spacing Fairs in the neutral. Sure Fair has great range, but it also has a lot of end lag, and any good DD character is going to weave right past it and punish. Also, going off stage is very character based. You usually don't need to jump off fair Sheik, because you can punish her UpB landing lag by doing a standing get up and then just charge dsmash, grab, utilt, w/e you want.

Things to work on IMO would be spacing more with ftilts/dtilts and making sure you always keep waddles around (you seemed to do that), as they help in a ton of situations. D3 also has a great RAR with his fair, and a great nair OoS, so it would definitely be good to incorporate those. You went for a lot of shield grabs when you were obviously being crossed up which ended up with you getting punished. A nair OoS would typically cover this.

Just overall neutral game, and solidifying your punishes. Nothing was bad, just sometimes sub-optimal.

Edit: As a player, you're not bad. I think you're outside the range of top 10 LI, but not TOO far out, maybe close to top 20.

Last edited:

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Okay, so I watched your set with Dandizzle who, ingeniously CP'd to WW, lol.

Overall, you're not half bad. I definitely see a lot of room for improvements. For example, I see that you were occasionally spacing Fairs in the neutral. Sure Fair has great range, but it also has a lot of end lag, and any good DD character is going to weave right past it and punish. Also, going off stage is very character based. You usually don't need to jump off fair Sheik, because you can punish her UpB landing lag by doing a standing get up and then just charge dsmash, grab, utilt, w/e you want.

Things to work on IMO would be spacing more with ftilts/dtilts and making sure you always keep waddles around (you seemed to do that), as they help in a ton of situations. D3 also has a great RAR with his fair, and a great nair OoS, so it would definitely be good to incorporate those. You went for a lot of shield grabs when you were obviously being crossed up which ended up with you getting punished. A nair OoS would typically cover this.

Just overall neutral game, and solidifying your punishes. Nothing was bad, just sometimes sub-optimal.

Edit: As a player, you're not bad. I think you're outside the range of top 10 LI, but not TOO far out, maybe close to top 20.
Thanks a bunch! As for the nair oos thing, I do actually use that a lot, but as I said I was off of my game (JOOOOOOHHNS). I'll definitely work on what you said, though.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
This tourney needs to be ran better in the future. I waited 6 hours to play and found out I was not put into the bracket after paying and having my name taken down. Granted 2 of the 6 hours were me just getting there way early from across the Island.

Also, more smash 4 set up should be brought next time. Of 3 TO's not a single one brought a set up... which is unacceptable.

My experience just showed a complete lack on interested from the coordinators and I will probably not be attending the next event.
Sorry.
@ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
This tourney needs to be ran better in the future. I waited 6 hours to play and found out I was not put into the bracket after paying and having my name taken down. Granted 2 of the 6 hours were me just getting there way early from across the Island.

Also, more smash 4 set up should be brought next time. Of 3 TO's not a single one brought a set up... which is unacceptable.

My experience just showed a complete lack on interested from the coordinators and I will probably not be attending the next event.
Sorry.
@ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime

Really cant hold the waiting against us. The events started very close to the times they were listed to begin. Same goes for the TOs not bringing smash 4 set ups. Want to buy me a Wii U? I'd gladly take it.

I was not made aware of an issue where anyone didn't play in an event they paid for. What exactly happened?

Omegaphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I'm a tourney newbie wanting to start on the Smash 4 Scene. Just wanted to ask a question about bringing a set up for Wii U. I have all the characters and stages plus a gamecube adapter, but I only have a HD Cable and not regular components. Would that work or should I pickup extra cables if I want to bring my set up?

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
He is a better R.O.B than me tho, I would of played R.O.B if I thought that. I'm trying to ween off of him but he's comfortable and he's the only character I've fought Jiggs with. You can see from my profile I main random.
You weren't half bad.

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Hey everyone, I'm a tourney newbie wanting to start on the Smash 4 Scene. Just wanted to ask a question about bringing a set up for Wii U. I have all the characters and stages plus a gamecube adapter, but I only have a HD Cable and not regular components. Would that work or should I pickup extra cables if I want to bring my set up?
To be safe, you might want to bring the extra cables but i dont run this tournament so you should ask @ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime

Top Bottom