• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] POPnOFF SSBU Tournament (Queens, NY)

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/593856010757027/593856850756943/

Game5 Smash and POPnGAMES are proud to present: POPnOFF, a hugely successful series of Smash tournaments on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month at the #1 Smash venue in Queens, POPnGAMES! Our events typically feature 40+ entrants including top competitors such as Dabuz, Jtails, John Numbers, Vinnie, Wes, MiKeKirbY and more!

Streamed at www.twitch.tv/game5smash

All streamed matches will be uploaded to our YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcvNPrisjBG27gv3Hx6_Nxg

You can find all of our brackets at http://game5smash.challonge.com/
(Older brackets at http://challonge.com/users/game5)

Join Smash @ POPnGAMES for updates and discussion on all of our events!

Registration starts at 12:00pm and closes at 1:50pm, bracket starts at 2:00pm. Please pre-register on this page if you plan on arriving after 1:50, we will hold matches for a while so players can still come after bracket starts. *PLEASE DO NOT COME EARLIER THAN 12*
Venue Fee: $5 (waived for the FIRST 4 entrants who bring setups. Setups MUST have Dreamland in order to qualify for discount)
Entry Fee: $5
Also 5% OFF any non-console purchase if you attend the tournament!!

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER

Please note that young children are always present for our tournaments and PROFANITY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

1st Prize will get a choice from a selection of Amiibo! (and 60% of the prize pool)

Game5 Smash will also be hosting a RAFFLE to raise money, prizes are usually a section of Amiibo
1 Raffle Ticket: $5
3 Raffle Tickets: $10

Rules:

DOUBLE ELIMINATION (you're not out after your first set loss)

Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games, 3/5 for Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals

Custom moves Alternate OFF/ON week by week

Starter Stages:
● Battlefield (or Miiverse as an alternative)
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
● Dreamland
● Town & City
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Any stage in Omega form

Stage Striking: The winner of a RPS match chooses which player will strike first one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one more and the remaining stage is used for the first match. (1-1)

Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 1 stage from either the Starter or Counterpick lists. A player cannot have more than one ban phase during a set.

The losing player then chooses from the remaining stages, and the winner chooses a character for the next game before the loser chooses their own

NOTE: Banning Final Destination also bans ALL Omega Stages, and banning any non-Omega Stage also bans its Omega form (i.e. banning Battlefield also bans Omega Battlefield)

Self-Destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s selfdestruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states. Selfdestruct moves include only Ganondorf’s SideB, King Dedede’s NeutralB, Wario’s NeutralB, and Kirby’s NeutralB.

Last edited:

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Any chance we can do melee as well?
Unfortunately, no. I'd like to but our space is limited and getting so many CRTs and Melee setups will be difficult, plus our WiiU events are extremely successful

Jayletric

Smash Rookie
Are there any age limitations or things like that? (Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm new.)

DReager1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Terry20
Hey, I can finally make it out to this one! This will be my first ever Sm4sh tournament so I'm really hyped. I just had a question as I know that customs alternate. Will there be customs in the tournament on 09/12?

Thanks.

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Hey, I can finally make it out to this one! This will be my first ever Sm4sh tournament so I'm really hyped. I just had a question as I know that customs alternate. Will there be customs in the tournament on 09/12?

Thanks.
Yes, customs will be on for the even Saturdays (2nd and 4th) of each month. Hope to see you there!

M-Squared

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mylezy12
3DS FC
3909-8181-1769
Hi I am 14 and my mom said I can go to the tourney. This will be my first tourney ever. My mains are Yoshi Pikachu and Meta Knight.

Top Bottom