• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 12, 2014] KZOO Smash: Fall Circuit Event #1 (Kalamazoo, MI)

P0NY0

Smash Rookie
KZOO Smash: Fall Circuit Event #1
September 12th, 2014 Kalamazoo, MI

Here's some cool links you should definitely check out!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1473779052880312/
KZOO Smash Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/537768569653648/
West Michigan Smash: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WestMISmash/

This is the first event in the KZOO Smash Fall Circuit! You may be thinking, "What the heck is the KZOO Smash Fall Circuit?". It's a group of 6 smash tournaments, 5 circuit events and one championship event, hosted in Kalamazoo during the Fall for Project M of course! So now you're thinking, "Why should I come out to these events?". Simple! Because our events are FUN, COMPETITIVE, and pay CASH! The winner of our championship event is gar-un-teed a big cash prize, plus the championship event will be at a hype venue. How do you win the championship event? You first need to come to some of our Circuit events and place good. Only the best players from the Circuit events can make it to the championship event! Now don't get discouraged if you're thinking there's no way to make it to the championship event. Because there are other ways to get there! Stay tuned because as we get closer to our championship in November more details will be revealed! For now, all you need to know is the more Circuit events you come to, the better chance you'll have to get into the championship event! So come on down to our first Circuit event and have a great time smashing and being with friends!

For more info on the Circuit and events, please visit the KZOO Smash Facebook Page.

EVENT INFO
Time and Place

September 12th, 2014
Miles House(Yes this is an actual house)
708 Mcourtie Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008

Entry Information
Project M only (We will be looking into adding Melee into future KZOO Smash events)
$5 Venue Fee
That's it! No bracket fee! Pizza will also be provided for your $5!

1/2/3 get $50/30/20. If we get a lot of people, payouts will increase.
First place also gets a customized trophy! These are usually unique with some sort of Nintendo character on top. Check out previous KZOO Smash events if you wish to see what previous trophies have been.

Schedule
6:00pm Venue & Registraion opens
7:00pm Registration ends
7:30pm Project M Singles
12:00am Venue closes

If you are going to be a little late to the event, like 10-15 minutes, you can let us know on the facebook event and we can put you down in the bracket.

Please bring your setups!

-The TO reserves the right to make you replay a match if you break any of the rules
-Do not start your match unless the TO announces it or gives you permission to start your match
-Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8-minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Grand Finals are best of 5
-If the timer runs out, the winner is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, players play a 1-stock 3-minute match to determine winner
-Items are disabled
-Input buffer is disabled
-Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match
-If a player pauses the match mid game (accidental or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it
-Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match
-If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game
-If there is a fight over controller ports, players will play rock-paper-scissors and the winner gets to pick the controller port
-You cannot choose a stage you have previously won on during the same set, unless agreed on by both players
-Gentlemen’s Clause – Players may play any stage as long as agreed on by all players
-Playing as Giga Bowser is banned (duh)

1. Character Selection
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors, loser strikes first
3. Strike from neutral stages, 1-2-2-1
4. Play first game
5. Winner of match gets 3 stage bans
6. Loser of match announces next stage from Neutrals and Counters
7. Winner can then choose to change character, then Loser if they want to
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat steps 5-8 until a player wins 2 matches of the set

Neutral
Yoshi’s Story
Pokémon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dreamland

Counters
Pokémon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Warioware
Yoshi’s Island
Green Hill Zone

If you have any questions or comments, please direct them to the Facebook Event Page, as that is the best way we'll see it. I hope you all come out to at least one of our Circuit events, because the championship event is going to be H-Y-P-E.

Facebook Event Page Again: https://www.facebook.com/events/1473779052880312/

Last edited:

P0NY0

Smash Rookie
I didn't realize I never said what version of SSB we're playing. The circuit is only Project M. Due to the dates we chose, mostly Friday evenings, we figured we wouldn't have enough time to run PM and Melee if we got a large crowd (We usually get 40+ at normal events).

Last edited:

EGMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Atomic1337
Guys please be gentle with me too, it will be my first tourney.
I remember you, you were one of the guys that destroyed me at MSSS2
You're awesome, dude
Hope you can beat Lordy again, lol

ImTooWhite

Smash Rookie
Hoping to be able to make it to this tourney. Bringing a bunch of people who have no idea how insane the competitive scene is on this game. Good luck to all there and don't destroy me or my friends too hard :)

Top Bottom