• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Seizon Senryaku: Marth General

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
What it is is a perfect pivot followed by a b reversed SB. With a little practice, you can do the same thing, at least I could.
Im sure a similar thing can be done by doing that, but I'm not convinced that that is what it is. This is because Marth doesnt seem to be moving the full length of the perfect pivot. If you could do testing and record it, and upload it with comparison to the original, I'd love that. We need all the data we can get.

It just doesnt look like perfect pivot to me.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Im sure a similar thing can be done by doing that, but I'm not convinced that that is what it is. This is because Marth doesnt seem to be moving the full length of the perfect pivot. If you could do testing and record it, and upload it with comparison to the original, I'd love that. We need all the data we can get.

It just doesnt look like perfect pivot to me.
I edited my post right as you were replying. It indeed does not look like a perfect pivot. You can still do something similar with a perfect pivot reverse SB.

Anyways, anyone wanna play a couple of games?

Killtrox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ToFindAndBeFound
I'm seeing posts saying that the c-stick is necessary for Marth. I currently main him, but have staunchly opposed the c-stick since Melee. What makes it necessary and in what situations is it supposed to be used?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I mostly use the C-stick for Smash attacks or to respond off a perfect pivot. I rarely use them for aerials. I mostly use rising aerials to avoid landing lag and it's easier for me to perform it by pressing :GCA: right after I jump. The action is pretty much sliding my thumb from :GCX:> :GCA:.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
I'm seeing posts saying that the c-stick is necessary for Marth. I currently main him, but have staunchly opposed the c-stick since Melee. What makes it necessary and in what situations is it supposed to be used?
It was much more useful in Melee as it let you retain aerial momentum in any direction you wanted while being able to use aerials, particularly useful for short hopping. It has always been useful for almost any character no matter what and you can definitely use faster smash attacks rather than doing the manual input. In this game it's still useful for the smash attacks.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It is still very possible to do retreating fairs and bairs with the c-stick as long as you don't hold it. Might not be as good as it was in melee (it's been awhile since I last played melee) and you have to be perfect with retreating fair or else you will land with it and lag, but still doable and not a bad tool to have.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
The only thing I can think of for the Japanese sliding sb is a jump canceled wavebounced sb.
If he had short hopped in the air while retreating and charging a sb the vid would make sense, but he slides along the ground. Maybe the jump gets canceled into a slide?
Or maybe its a wavebounced turnaround b? Wish I had the game so I can test :/

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
The only thing I can think of for the Japanese sliding sb is a jump canceled wavebounced sb.
If he had short hopped in the air while retreating and charging a sb the vid would make sense, but he slides along the ground. Maybe the jump gets canceled into a slide?
Or maybe its a wavebounced turnaround b? Wish I had the game so I can test :/
I hadnt considered a jump canceled b reversal.
Sounds plausible.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Four days left until my first Smash 4 tournament... And I'm nervous. It's Lucina/Marth time.
Yes, it doesn't change my goal.
This is whats happening to him if we play
That's hilarious.
It is still very possible to do retreating fairs and bairs with the c-stick as long as you don't hold it. Might not be as good as it was in melee (it's been awhile since I last played melee) and you have to be perfect with retreating fair or else you will land with it and lag...
This is the reason I stopped using the C-stick for aerials. I just can't seem to get the timing down to actually space it correctly using the new C-stick shenanigans.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
So I started playing PM today, I main Snake and use Ganon as my secondary. What do you guys think about Marth in PM? Is he worth using?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
pm marth is like playing a crippled melee marth that has to deal with about 10 characters on the level of melee fox.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Not the best thread to be asking this

But Is anyone open to play some marth/Lucina dittos with me? ^^
Well it IS a social thread, even if it isn't the general social thread,so we can still talk about anything we want right?

pm marth is like playing a crippled melee marth that has to deal with about 10 characters on the level of melee fox.
I never played Melee competitively so I don't really understand that comparison, are trying to say he is good or bad?

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
he plays almost exactly like melee marth, but worse, and in a game with more better characters than what melee marth had to deal with, so I guess yeah I'm calling him bad or at least average, but not good.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
The Zelda mains are attacking the Lucina boards. Send help.

Never mind I had to take action, it got out of hand quick.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Well it IS a social thread, even if it isn't the general social thread,so we can still talk about anything we want right?

I never played Melee competitively so I don't really understand that comparison, are trying to say he is good or bad?
I would imagine we could talk about anything, as long as it pertains to marth. : P

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Hey, I'd like to start practicing perfect pivoting, but I have no idea how! Any pointers?

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Hey, I'd like to start practicing perfect pivoting, but I have no idea how! Any pointers?
There isn't any easy way to really do this other than what you know about it. Just go into training mode and practice the motion until you can consistently do it, that's about all I can give you.

Honestly this is what I did for a few hours last week and right now I can consistently perform it when I want.

EDIT: Unless that is, you don't know the motions for it.

Last edited:

MidnightLover

Smash Rookie
Wow I'm late. My NNID is SSBSatan. We can play now or later when you're available.
Now im the one who is too late. I added you anyway, feel free to send me a message or something when youre in the mood for a few matches, I'll make sure keep an eye on this forum now so we can finally play without another couple of days delay.

FlAlex

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much begins on this post, up until page 10-11.
By the way, have you all tried out perfect pivoting a grab? It's perfect.
Darn. Was hoping Samus mains could be a part of the action.

What do u mean PP a grab? Do you mean perform a PP while the enemy tries to grab you or PP>Grab? What is it like?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I've been practicing perfect pivoting today. Its the first time I havent just tried it lightly in passing.
I've managed to get decent at it at x1/4 speed. I did like 4 sets of 4 in a row. Bumped it up to x1/2, I think the most I've done in a row is 3.

Im getting there slowly.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Those new game cube controllers make it possible.
Perfect pivoting, to attack/smash attack, at least. Is possible on any controller without too much difficulty. It's basically just getting good at flicking the control stick, or even circle pad. I use the Pro Controller and the 3DS XL controls and can do this pretty successfully now.

Last edited:

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
whats the reason to use perfect pivot and move a step and a half opposed to dashing and pivoting strait to a f tilt and being able to go as far as you want. i mean if you go far enough you wont get punished for it. sure you might be able to grab but you could always just pivot grab. is it like something really usefull for us marth mains or is it just an option

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Perfect pivots are really good. Especially perfect pivoting Smash attacks. I'm getting them almost consistently now. A good example would be using them in conjunction with Mario's up smash. If you are facing your opponent, you can perfect pivot in order to have the back of Mario's head facing your opponent and then U-Smash, hit-box shenanigans and what not. All the kills I got that way today.

Top Bottom