• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEGA'S Secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

RARE King

Smash Cadet
If SEGA was able to put one more character in Brawl along with Sonic, who do you think earned that spot? I had several ideas, including Knuckles and Silver, but the final two it came down to for me was Shadow or Tails. Personally, I think Shadow crushes Tails in fighting AND popularity. Who do you think should be in Brawl along with Sonic?
P.S. Eggman would've made a great boss.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Basically, as you said, it would have to be either Shadow or Tails. As it is, I think that Tails is the better decision. Though Shadow does seemingly have more popularity than Tails, Tails is a lot more significant to the Sonic franchise, especially in the older games. Not to mention Shadow could fairly easily become an alternate costume for Sonic and work or even stay as an Assist Trophy. Also, it seems to me that Sakurai catered towards the older games more than the newer, what with Sonic's moveset and all. Although Chaos-based moves WOULD admittedly be cool...

P.S. Yes, Eggman would've made an awesome boss.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Look, I don't want to be the one to crap on your thread, so I won't. I know you're new here, so I'll help you out. For all discussion about anything about what should, shouldn't, could, and couldn't be in Brawl or Super Smash Bros. 4, please post your ideas in the following thread:

Official SSB4 Discussion Thread

I'm sure you'll get feedback there, as this thread will probably be closed soon. Enjoy your stay.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
I think tails would have been the best choice because she would have a completly different moveset while shadow's would probably be close to that of sonic's. The tough part would be creating her moves because she doesnt really do anything that could be considered a move.

Eggman would rockkkkkk

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think tails would have been the best choice because she would have a completly different moveset while shadow's would probably be close to that of sonic's. The tough part would be creating her moves because she doesnt really do anything that could be considered a move.

Eggman would rockkkkkk
.... she??

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
It would have to be Tails

I personally think that Knuckles would be better as a fighter than Tails, but based on the principles of Smash Bros., Tails should be first in line. Smash Bros., is supposed to be about putting famous video gaming icons into one big fighting game, I say supposed because that tradition was destroyed in Melee with the introduction of the likes of Marth & Roy, Pichu, Falco, perhaps the Ice Climbers, etc, and again in Brawl with the likes of R.O.B, Wolf, Lucas, Ike, and arguably Pit and Olimar. SSB64 almost got it right, but the inclusion of Ness messed it up slightly.

Anyway, if we're trying to stay on the lines of that tradition, then Tails should be in ahead of Knuckles, simply because he is more iconic, more famous, hes been around for longer, hes always been known as Sonic's sidekick.

Note: Going back to what I said before, I understand Nintendo had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find characters to put in, as the number of famous video gaming icons is pretty low. Half the characters in Brawl would be gone if they stuck by their original plan.

But yeah anyway, Tails should be first in line.

But I dont think there should be anymore Sonic representatives anyway.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Shadow or tails.
probably shadow, he IS an assist trophy.
But I'd rather have Knuckles! >=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom