• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secret Methods of Training Jigglypuff? (preferably without a moon stone)

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
If this type of thread isn't allowed, could you please just merge it to where it is? I've never made a post like this before, and I wasn't sure where it should go. Thanks.

Hey Jigglers!

For a long time now, I've claimed that Jiggly was my best secondary. However, I've pulled her out maybe five times since January to less than satisfying results. I used to be able to get by on my love for :4dedede: alone. But with the sudden influx of :4mario:s and :4zss:s in my scene, the King needs a pal to have his back. (Note: I know the JiggsxMario mu isn't that good, but it's a lot better than D3xMario.)

So I have decided I need to get serious with Jigglypuff.

But I would really like your help. If it's possible, could a couple of you Puff-Jiggy mains play my Puff and kinda tell me what I'm doing wrong and all that?

Thanks everyone!

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I'm willing to play some some Puff dittos, Puff dittos are fun. Unless you want me to play other characters, but I'm not nearly as good with them as I am with Puff. I can play King Dedede, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and if lag is minimal, Duck Hunt Dog and Olimar.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm willing to play some some Puff dittos, Puff dittos are fun. Unless you want me to play other characters, but I'm not nearly as good with them as I am with Puff. I can play King Dedede, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Meta Knight, and if lag is minimal, Duck Hunt Dog and Olimar.
Doesn't really matter, as long as you can give me a few pointers. Just PM me whenever. Thanks!

and if you want, I could play your D3 and maybe give YOU some pointers in return. That is, if you don't beat me.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Online is not gonna make Jigglypuff really better.

True talk, there's something about Jigglypuff that you really need to have that doesn't come out well on wifi, and that would be having on-point precision concerning your anticipation on opponent's movement.

Always staying on the air is not a viable option anymore, and there will be a time when you'll feel forced to stay on the ground.
Powershielding is, in my opinion, a must if you want to get good with Jigglypuff. The reason im saying that is based on many points about the current metagame.
First of, smash 4's pace is rather passive-aggressive; The new roll mechanics makes it so that rolls became so good it's quite hard to punish. Rushdown characters have a few points that makes the MU hard for Jiggs, but in the end, they come at you, and this is exactly what Jiggs needs during battles.
On the other hand, you have characters that are rather projectile-happy, and especially Toon link and ROB. They cover the air most of the time, leaving you forced on the ground. And since you are slow on the ground, it gets pretty hard trying to approach them.
This is why powershielding is important, because it either lets you approach those projectiles-heavy characters or make up for the most of the lag on your startup attacks. And since powershielding is near impossible to pull online, that means you've lost most of the potential Jiggs can get.

I kinda understand that fairs and nairs are pretty important in Jiggs arsenal, but most of the average Jiggs I saw either online or from some youtubers are just so stubborn for hitting them with that while going in that it makes them rack up damage more then they wanted to do in the first place. And while it could work in some scenarios, it becomes nothing more than a one-trick pony. And I feel that this airborne aggressivity tactic is totally not worth it.

Top Bottom