• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You should go Daze!!!!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Haha- I'm not really good enough to the level that I would just come, expect to win it all, and fly home with a bunch of cash xD
I'd mostly just be coming for the joy of playing smash with others, getting more big-ish tournament experience under my belt, and having the pleasure of meeting new people and meeting people who I've known on the boards for quite awhile in person.
So.. I'm just trying to justify the cost haha.

I'm considering attending. :p

Rat

Smash Lord
booya dazrin is considering coming.

Man I'm really starting to look forward to this. If things get run smoothly (theyshould) there should be soo much time for friendlies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Daze if you come, and I'm still using him, we're definitely doing T.Link dittos and swapping secrets.

Rat

Smash Lord
@matt
yeah I'll put you in a pool, just pay the entry fee and stuff when you get there.

Rat

Smash Lord
I gotta double check that actually. The church does jazzercise on friday mornings.

ORLY

Smash Master
nothing to worry about there

if the venue isn't open yet, we jazzercize MM

ezpz

Vannostrum

Smash Rookie
So I've been thinking about getting back into competitive Smash lately and I jump on here to see if any tournaments are going to be happening by me and soon and by a stroke of luck, one it going to be happening very close by. Fantastic.

I guess I should introduce myself since this is my first post here in years.

When Melee first released, I found a local comic shop that held weekly tournaments and began to join in. This was 12 years ago, when I was 12 myself. I played the game on and off for the next three years, but didn't keep up after that. I've never stopped playing though. I would still watch big tournament vids. With the advent of Project M, my passion has been renewed, yet I still never took the time to find and go to a tournament. I'm ready to change that. I want back in and this event will be my return.

I don't expect to win or anything, I just love the game and want to be back in the competitive environment. I miss it.

Meneks

Smash Lord
So I've been thinking about getting back into competitive Smash lately and I jump on here to see if any tournaments are going to be happening by me and soon and by a stroke of luck, one it going to be happening very close by. Fantastic.

I guess I should introduce myself since this is my first post here in years.

When Melee first released, I found a local comic shop that held weekly tournaments and began to join in. This was 12 years ago, when I was 12 myself. I played the game on and off for the next three years, but didn't keep up after that. I've never stopped playing though. I would still watch big tournament vids. With the advent of Project M, my passion has been renewed, yet I still never took the time to find and go to a tournament. I'm ready to change that. I want back in and this event will be my return.

I don't expect to win or anything, I just love the game and want to be back in the competitive environment. I miss it.
I find that the Chicagoland fb group is a pretty cool way to keep in touch with what tournaments are happening and where, being that if you "forget" to come to smashboards for a while or are just reluctant to lurk the site.

Its like a sub swf on FB that pertains to most of what i need to know as far as smashfests and other nonsense
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/

Vannostrum

Smash Rookie
I find that the Chicagoland fb group is a pretty cool way to keep in touch with what tournaments are happening and where, being that if you "forget" to come to smashboards for a while or are just reluctant to lurk the site.

Its like a sub swf on FB that pertains to most of what i need to know as far as smashfests and other nonsense
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126804630735563/
Thanks for the link. I'll join that FB group.

Rat

Smash Lord
Alcheato said he'd be able to house some people. (i messaged him about it.)

Vannostrum

Smash Rookie
All right! My work request off for the day has been approved.

I may be able to bring some setup stuff. A Wii with Project M for sure. Maybe a Gamecube with Melee. My friend borrowed my old GC and my copy of Melee so he could have it at school. We'll see.

Rat

Smash Lord
This is three weeks away!

This is a reminder to those coming to bring set-ups. We'll need them for both days - I can lock 'em up in a room at the church.

Also remember to get friday off of work or class!

ORLY

Smash Master
to those also bringing set-ups: it would be wise to label your things in something indelible, similar to how it was done at FC

just looking out for your things!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Just realized this was Friday Saturday. Not Saturday Sunday
Not going. I don't get out of school till noon
T.T
Ome day missed doesn't hurt.
Especially for dat cash money

I wish we can work something out with Rat, since its pretty much too late for me to get another team mateand Ken n' Isai need to appear!

Tink

Smash Hero
THAT WOULD BE HYPEEE.....anytime we can get the best streamer in the smash community out, its a good thing.

Top Bottom