• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scrub Lulz

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
So, I replied to this guy's comment on how he said Snake was the best character in the game.. I told him he was currently second on the tier list, although Diddy might be moving past him soon. (Just my opinion, but I have no idea if it's gonna happen.) He then sent me a message stating this:

"sorry i sent it in a mesage, theres so manny coments i cant find iether of our posts, anyway diddys cool but he doesn't have a strategic advantage like snake and his nakita gided rokets or c3 charges, i think snake has a beter invintory"

I then stated my opinion and asked him not to reply, because his grammar annoyed me.

He soon replied with non-nonsensical stuff about playing with his friend or over Wi-Fi to prove me wrong, and I couldn't make heads or tails of what he actually meant. So I just told him he was making a fool of himself and that I couldn't even make sense of his message.

He replied with this:

"no reason to get pissy over an opinion, and tornomant resolts are based on player, not caracter, and wat kind of idiot are you to not know wat a router is, it a smal box you hook up to yuour pc that alows wireless things like a lap top, 360, wii, ect. go on line"

By that point, I knew he was a scrub. He was just basing what he thought of the characters on his opinion, and while I personally believe that character choice isn't everything, it does play a large role in competitive play. (And lulz, I didn't know what he meant about the router because he spelled it "roughter" the first time. Idiot.)

I replied with this:

"Uh, first of all, you spelled it "roughter", not "router". You're ******** if you expect me to know what you're talking about when you add two extra letters that completely change the sound of the word. Second, tournament results have much to do with MU's. GTFO."

Now, this is where the fun begins. He soon replies:

"not shure wat an MU is but i can kik a lvl 8 cpu diddy's *** easy with snake yet its more of a chalange with any other caracter and i havnt tested it yet but i bet a lvl 9 snake can beat a lvl9 diddy to"

I'm thinking to myself, "Is this kid serious? Does he really think that he can debate his way out of this using CPU's as an example?"

I reflected those thoughts in my reply:
"CPU's are a joke. If you're using them as an example in an argument, you're a joke. You're ********, kid."

Then the BEST PART is that he starts trying to trash talk me after getting that!

Here are two messages he sent:

"im only using a cpu because i dont have anyone to play against, but im shure a lvl 2 cpu can kik your *** wile i beat the **** out of a lvl 9"

"i dont know wat makes you think im a noob other than the fack i dont like compatition, and i dont know wats your problom, but wtf are you on 24 7? anyway, i can **** your *** easy, and if you send me your wii username i can pprove it nxt time i go to but friends house, but for the time being, plese enjoy the atached vidio explaining your side of this argument"

This is the best experience I've ever had talking to a scrub. He's the most ignorant person I've met in the Smash community. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Such bad spelling, sounds like a troll.

Weird, before I got into competitive Smash I thought Snake was horrible :\

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Haha, that reminds me. My school is hosting a 64 tournament tomorrow and everyone else entering is hell scrub. I was trying to explain the tier list to them the other day and they were like "no ur wrong, cause i can beat pikachu with kirby".

It's not really gonna reinforce my point though when I kick their ***** with Ness...

Nik21

Smash Cadet
"not shure wat an MU is but i can kik a lvl 8 cpu diddy's *** easy with snake yet its more of a chalange with any other caracter and i havnt tested it yet but i bet a lvl 9 snake can beat a lvl9 diddy to"
^^^^^^^^^^^
this part made me lol
was this guy on the smashboards

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
May someone kind enough plz define to me what a so called, "scrub" is?

I've been called this once before 0.o but it was from lordhelmet so i feel honored ^^

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It's a term we stole from the SF community.

Basically, it refers to someone who limits themselves with their own personal, self-imposed rulesets, such as "no edgeguarding" or "don't play cheap."

iChilla0

Smash Cadet
Funny thing is that he still continued to argue that he was right and that everything I said was wrong until I eventually blocked him. He was unaware of the most common internet memes and dialect, it was hysterical.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Such bad spelling, sounds like a troll.

Weird, before I got into competitive Smash I thought Snake was horrible :\
I'm sure a lot of people thought that before actually being introduced to competitive smash. I just think that's the way it is. I used to think ganon was pretty good. But then I found the tier list...and...mk.

And did you know that it is hella fun to beat up on scrubs? I fought this scrub that played Wolf the other day, and I think I had the best time in the world CGing him into a spike for all three of his stocks with Falco.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
"Scrub" comes from fighters where they use a joystick in one hand and buttons on a flat surface with the other hand. It refers to players who are so bad that it looks like they are scrubbing the surface.

From dictionary.com:

- a small or insignificant person.
- anything undersized or inferior.
- Sports . a player not belonging to the varsity or regular team; a player who is not first-string.
- inferior or insignificant.

The actual meaning of scrub in these definitions would be a very small tree. By calling someone a scrub with this in mind, you are calling them inferior. When we say scrub, it may also mean this, but it mainly means that you scrub your controls as if you are cleaning them.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I remember when I though I was the bomb with Samus because I could beat lvl 9s *shudder* And I would've just linked him to other pages that would tell him he's wrong instead of saying everything myself.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

"im only using a cpu because i dont have anyone to play against, but im shure a lvl 2 cpu can kik your *** wile i beat the **** out of a lvl 9"

"i dont know wat makes you think im a noob other than the fack i dont like compatition, and i dont know wats your problom, but wtf are you on 24 7? anyway, i can **** your *** easy, and if you send me your wii username i can pprove it nxt time i go to but friends house, but for the time being, plese enjoy the atached vidio explaining your side of this argument"
wat

10 wats

i lol'ed

Deboog

Smash Cadet
you really can't blame him for not having anyone to play against. It is a bit sad that he believed his opinion was stronger than that of a well tested tourny based system. Also, he started out mature. That's more than most trolls can do.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Congartulations! You have met...

MY FIVE YEAR OLD BROTHER!!!

No, it just sounds like him (he could be on smashboards now, he's a computer addict.)

BTW: level 9s are possible.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I agree that he doesn't know about the competitive scene and all that. But did you really have to go so far as to call him ********? Sure he doesn't know. That's why you try to educate people, but in a respectful way. It makes it easier to communicate and he might have actually learned something.

Top Bottom