• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scribblenauts

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I was going to get this, then I learned that the Dpad doesn't control and I was SERIOUSLY put off about it. Honestly, there is NOTHING I hate more about any game than having to move with the touch screen, and in my opinion is a friggin' design flaw.
Moving in this game is the equivalent of a point and click adventure game on the PC. If anything, the movement would be much slower if you used the D-Pad. Touch screen controls suit this game far more than the D-Pad ever could. Though, if you're weary of it, give the game a rent. I'm sure your opinion will be changed, though.

Anyway, this game is great. I recommend it to anybody. It has a great amount of fun, though it can be a bit frustrating at times (sometimes objects just don't work the way you would want them too).

Still though, buy this game! Probably my best purchase this year after Arkham, BlazBlue, and inFAMOUS (Punch-Out!! would also be above it, but I'm not sure if it came out last year or this year).

Masky

Smash Master
What items do you guys find most useful? I think Jetpack, UFO, and Death are probably my most used

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
This game was very fun for like the first 2 hours, then it got boring. I agree the controllers are a flaw, they should had given you the d pad as a way to control the character and have the buttons as the other option of moving the screen.

Shade613

Smash Apprentice
I just beat the last level (skipping worlds). It is extreamly clever yet extreamly obvious. It is hilarious when you get the answer.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Moving in this game is the equivalent of a point and click adventure game on the PC. If anything, the movement would be much slower if you used the D-Pad. Touch screen controls suit this game far more than the D-Pad ever could. Though, if you're weary of it, give the game a rent. I'm sure your opinion will be changed, though.
And I understand that, except a point and click adventure game is MUCH more precise than using the touch screen to move AND pick up object from what I've heard from pretty much every account of having played the game.

Accidental deaths, misplaced items, throwing items when trying to move Maxwell, if the game would just give you the OPTION of switching to Dpad movement I would buy it in an instant, but most developers seem to feel their games are too special to be tampered with with any kind of customizable controls.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unfortunately, the controls of this game are god-awful. I'm still finishing up a few of the levels, but I'm sad about how many restarts I have to do simply based on the controls being so sloppy. They should have let you control him like any platformer: using the d-pad, plus pressing B to jump, and Y to use whatever item he's holding or something like that.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Dastrn, if the controls would be like that, what about moving the camera and the items?
Although I must admit myself that sometimes I have had to restart too after accidentally touching the screen and making poor Maxwell fall in the lava.

Oh, and for any hard enemy you need to beat, use God. He's the strongest good (on your side) character in the game. :)

Another time I gave Santa an Excalibur (the sword) and made him battle George Washington. I lol'ed hard.

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
I had death attack a witch on one level so she turned him into a frog and ate him! I was disappointed though when I put in vegetarian, gave him a steak and he ate it :(

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If you really need to kill something, give god a laser.

I also hate that the camera moves back to Maxwell after a while. Like I'll be watching two things fight and then I'll miss part of it because the **** camera moves back to me. What is this point of that?

Top Bottom