• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scratching into battle! [Cat Mario 4 DLC]

Who looks the cutest in the cat suit?

• Total voters

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
INTRODUCTION

As you all know, Super Mario 3D World introduced THIS.

Ever since E3 2013, when the game was first announced, people have fallen in love with Mario's latest power-up. It allowed Mr. Video Game to climb up walls, scratch Bowser's minions, and just overall look adorable! What's more? Princess Peach got another roster spot in Mario Kart 8 just for wearing the suit!

Love it or hate it, this happened.

MOVESET

Unlike Dr. Mario, Cat Mario could have a completely different moveset than Mario.

Here are my ideas:

STANDARD SPECIAL - Cat Mario could do a 360-degree spin while scratching opponents.

DOWN SPECIAL - Cat Mario could pounce on opponents.

UP SPECIAL - Cat Mario could do a combo uppercut scratch, similar to Little Mac.

SIDE SPECIAL - Cat Mario could long-jump and than do the 360-degree scratch.

SMASH ATTACKS - Cat Mario would scratch opponents depending on which direction he charges the Smash attack.

NORMAL ATTACKS - These would basically consist of Cat Mario scratching his opponents and turning around to shake his tail like in Diddy Kong's neutral combo.

COUNTER ARGUMENTS

"The Super Leaf power-up is already in Smash! Cat Mario would look weird if he got it!"

Fox looks weird with two tails, doesn't he?

"We don't need more Mario reps, and we certainly don't need another Mario clone!"

Some people just can't stand potentially great movesets.

ENJOY THE THREAD!!!

Whether you want Cat Mario in Smash or not, I hope we could all come together and respect each other's opinions on gaming's most iconic franchise ever!

HAVE FUN OUT THERE!!!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
No thanks. Smash isn't one of those games where I'd like multiple of the same characters. We've already got that with Mario/Doctor Mario

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No thanks. I'd rather have Meowth over Cat Mario/Luigi/etc.

sparkywaffles

Smash Rookie
But I'm still waiting for Metal Mario, and Baby Mario's been long overdue! D:

Edit: Vote for Metal Baby Mario in the Smash Ballot today!

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
This is why I want DLC costumes for fighters besides the mii fighters. The cat suit would make a great alternate costume for Mario.

Top Bottom