• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Scratches Around Disc?

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
So today i purchased Smash Wii U, and after playing for a while a notice their were some scratches around the base of the disc. (the grayish part on the bottom) Why is that? Please give me info. Thanks.

Just handle it carefully when you put it back in the box.

Maybe the people packaging it messed up. Did you get a product warranty deal from the retailer you bought the game from? For example, EB Games will replace your game if it gets scratched a month after purchase.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Just handle it carefully when you put it back in the box.

Maybe the people packaging it messed up. Did you get a product warranty deal from the retailer you bought the game from? For example, EB Games will replace your game if it gets scratched a month after purchase.
I got it at GameStop. Do they replace it there?

Last edited:

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
I got it at GameStop. Do they replace it there?
In case of defect, yes. Just bring it in and tell them you opened it that way, your average Gamestop employee doesn't give a crap enough to investigate or interrogate.

>source: I was an ASM at Gamestop for a very long time.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
In case of defect, yes. Just bring it in and tell them you opened it that way, your average Gamestop employee doesn't give a crap enough to investigate or interrogate.

>source: I was an ASM at Gamestop for a very long time.
Thank you for the info. I will go there later. Also, could it be my Wii U doing the scratching?

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the info. I will go there later. Also, could it be my Wii U doing the scratching?
Yes, if you're moving it around while the disc is spinning or if the spinning mechanism is out of place. Try playing a few other games, if they come out OK then it's probably just a one-of situation.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Yes, if you're moving it around while the disc is spinning or if the spinning mechanism is out of place. Try playing a few other games, if they come out OK then it's probably just a one-of situation.
I own many Wii U games and Smash and Mario Kart 8 are the only ones that have this.

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
I've never seen this happen with a Wii U, but I used to see it with XBox360s all the time. Never Playstations.

Doesn't mean it can't happen. I'd look around for a Nintento certified repair shop in your area, they'll consult you for free.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
I've never seen this happen with a Wii U, but I used to see it with XBox360s all the time. Never Playstations.
that's cuz loads of people would stand them up vertical which almost always ****ed their discs
didn't help that them 360s didn't use blu-ray either

@OP you probably bought a ****ed up disc

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
If your game does get scratched and not replaced there are great scratch removers that actually worked for me. One is called Scratch out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom