• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School's Out For Summer! Smash Bash! (JUNE 13th, Register NOW)!!!!

Unnamed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0233-0180-8828
FC: On the left
GT:"?"
AIM: Absursion
Type: 1v1
Time/Days available: Anytime

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
SPECIAL THANKS TO SUD: thank you for helping out in my absence... Believe me for those who don't, I will do anything I can to make sure this tournament is a success. I would also like sud to keep on helping, since you put so much work into the tourney already, it would be a waste to not let you keep helping. So I would be honored if you would help me and Sir Auron in organizeing this tournament.

Anyways... I've got some PMs saying stuff like "is the tourney over?", "did it start?", "Did you abondon this?"... etc. No I didn't, I don't know about some of you, but I've been working hard on my studies in preparing for my exams. Sorry I was a little busy, but everything is out of the way, and I can put full focus on hosting this tourney.

I'll be getting on and updating everyday from now until the end of the tournament. So don't worry about me losing interest or something ridiculous like that. I started this tournament and I will sure as heck stick with it till the very end!

IMPORTANT! I'll be talking with sudsy, and for the next two days I'll be setting up the entrants list. (Pming everyone seeing who is all still in for it, all that jazz) And I'll post all the information that you will need to know to be in this tournament...

P.S. PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST! THE DATE AND BRACKETS ARE THERE! NO MORE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE EXCEPTED.

(Don't mind any spelling errors)

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
First Post Is All The Information You Will Need At This Moment :)

There's probably a lot of people that have lost interest from when I started this tournament. So the brackets list has EVERYBODY that has asked to join the tournament. So I don't know if everybody on it will axtually want to still participate. But I don't know yet.

EDIT: I have taken the time to put the entrants in alphabetical order, making it a lot more organized to find out who is still participating. It will be also easier for you to look and see if you're listed.

If you have listed and are not on the list, PM ME! It will be very easy to look and see if you are on the list mind you.

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
sweetness! great to see you back ZOSO! do we stick to one character? i know i already asked this but i wasn't sure if you were changing things from Sudsy.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Hey-- Zoso, I don't think 146 is a good number for max amount of participants. Something divisible by 8, 16 or 32 would be ideal for convenience and organization. You could add a little more so a divisible fraction of the group could get byes or something. What do you think?

SouthpawHare

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling I won't be able to participate in this, considering I am not free until after midnight on friday (actually Saturday at that point)

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll jump in on this. Do we need to select chars now? Or are we just going blind picks?

Also, MSN=prsnovrthr@hotmail.com, YIM=ksukid55 (I really only use the online version for YIM)

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Ok, Zoso, I really think 160 participants is our ideal amount. 146 is not divisible by any number that works well in a large one-on-one bracket, and people might get upset with us if we remove 18 to get down to a nice, even 128 ( 2,4,8,16,32,64, and 128). What do you think?

I would just assume control again and add the newer people but I don't have access to your list.

We should probably go two pools with each getting 16 byes, leaving 64 first round matchups--an amount which makes it cake to manage.

Also, I have become really skeptical of setting a tourney for a day; especially when it's as large as ours. I think having a week-long tournament ( at longest, I mean) would be more convenient for everyone, Zoso. Most people will be able to find time to play throughout a seven day period than just one--I know I work on most days. If you allow all three of us to have control, it won't likely be that difficult to manage, considering most have less work-type obligations after school's out.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Here's a bracket I made:

Pool 1 :
Wheelz/ aznpercussionboy
Tooth / bmasterr15

SeanDoe/ shizzlee
RyanPF/ Kewl' Kat

Sudsy/ kilikafinal
BrawlBro/ ernieiscool9

Diddykongmasta/ MassivCarnage
superman969/ Wario4ever

Eyxi/ Pink4Life
Spiffdude/ Shadowlink77

AgentJGV/ irv05
socandrewcer/ smash superstar

Lotsa Spaghetti/ Arkio
Dissidia/ jneko1965

Meta Marth/ Repryx
RookieBrawler/ bmaster77

Aryman/ YourLocalShaman
SouthpawHare/ Linkthedeme

mitsukeru/ sTIMulant (sTIMulant GaW)
XTrAcK sTaRx/ Joe C

Dragon Scythe/ Kdizzy34
Mr Hippie101/ xxkpxx

Violent-nin/ Stiputation
soccerstar789/ MIC1GOD

Ness Onett223/ Ice Climbers P and N
GoodDoggyTreat/ doctorbadwolf

Brawler19/ crownvick
DMOC2006/ Jalued

technogeek5000/ samai
sbfan01/ bassem6

xxxTruthxxx/ MAX POWERS
Lib3r4t3/ kick473

Pool 2:

algandar88/ Da Cookstar
Estion11/ FoxySigma

Galaxy/ Sito Sama
XxBlazingSpeedxX/ Olimarman

marththeswordsman002/ KSUkid
Jalued/ Ghost Slime

adamd/ Boom-Man97
White Lightning/ MyPT

Jumpman/ IvanDaMexican2
Contrary/ Exia 00

VMuh 99%V/ Steel2nd
Svkv/ mventre

lipidlad/ DarkStar92
Badgey/ 3N!

Rampage/ Marthsmash91
Lance VII/ Disaster-sama

cheap josh/ Xillow
-: Trey :-/ Rollerking540

JackHouser/ cman
****** bob/ Folar415

Ethan/ Tx3Fate
storm92/ Oi Kyon

Dream Theater/ Dranko
Eskimo776/ TShray

smash64/ Moosecalibur
GodzillaSmasher/ Lostsoul5673

Lcampoy8/ Salsastorm
plural/ Infernal Reaper

mAcKoZ/ rockguy1234
Lacool/ Colossus

Koop 88/ Unnamed
inbi/

Juicy mokro/
Jadedlink/

Kidd 01/

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
160 people is a good number to shoot for and I think we will. The date of the tournament isn't the date we will finish, to clear that up. The tournament will probably go as long as maybe a week. Which will make everyone can particpate. There will be rounds and the deadlines will be posted with them. And since its summer, there's really no pressure on the speed at which we complete the rounds, right? So I'm predicting it will go smoothly and organized.

Sudsy:
Is that bracket list an example or the real deal?

Asked to be registered? Make sure I got you by looking at the first post! (its in alphabetical order), also be sure read over the rules.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
160 people is a good number to shoot for and I think we will. The date of the tournament isn't the date we will finish, to clear that up. The tournament will probably go as long as maybe a week. Which will make everyone can particpate. There will be rounds and the deadlines will be posted with them. And since its summer, there's really no pressure on the speed at which we complete the rounds, right? So I'm predicting it will go smoothly and organized.
Actually, 160 is a number which, when including byes, reduces the matchups amount to a very tournament-savvy amount.

Sudsy:
Is that bracket list an example or the real deal?
Primarily an example, though I included everyone at that point in case it was good enough to pass ( I have a list at home with the 32 first round bye participants).

I'm really leaving the final decisions up to you: I'm just making suggestions and taking over when and if things aren't going smoothly and I'm the only one of the three TD's around.

If it passes for you, by all means do what you want with it. If you want to change the first round bye list, tell me any change you'd like to see. I'm going to add the newer guys to the remaining matchups when I get home.

Unnamed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0233-0180-8828
Hey Zoso!

Entering!

Unnamed GT is "?"

FC to the left

AIM = Absursion

Available anytime.

WOOT!

jalued

Smash Lord
just realised, i'm busy on friday- going to a theme park with the school, but i'm ok on saturday. if i am required to play a game on friday, just put me down as a loss for that match. it only fair (or delay my match untill saturday)

Top Bottom