• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scariest Enemy of All Time

Sensai

Smash Master
Funny story about Regenerators from RE4:

I beat the game pretty quickly after I first got it and was completely unfazed by them. I mean, they were creepy, but those blind guys with the claws were creepier.

Anyways, I started dating this chick who was really into the RE series and I bought the game for her and I played through it again on hard. I got to the part with the Regenerators and decided to stop about halfway through it (y'know, the part where you encounter like...5 of 'em). So, I went and layed down on her bed and fell asleep.

Couldn't have been 20 minutes later and I hear the sound that they make**. 'Ok, Sensai, you're having a dream. It's cool, don't worry.' So, I convince myself to get up and there's no one in the room with me...and it's still there. The sound is getting louder and louder and louder.

(**If you don't know the sound a Regenerator makes, click here and get to about 40 seconds in.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3OgyehNIzes&feature=related)

About 3 minutes of this passes before my girlfriend's dog runs outta the bathroom and jumps me, making me nearly piss my pants in the process. Scariest dog of all time...seriously. It made the noise EXACTLY like the Regenerators. Scary scary scary.

(Also also: On my 3 hour drive home today, I heard a poison headcrab twice and almost had to pull over, haha.)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
About 3 minutes of this passes before my girlfriend's dog runs outta the bathroom and jumps me, making me nearly piss my pants in the process. Scariest dog of all time...seriously. It made the noise EXACTLY like the Regenerators. Scary scary scary.

(Also also: On my 3 hour drive home today, I heard a poison headcrab twice and almost had to pull over, haha.)
OMG, I would have so freaked out and run out of my house. I mean, I'm scared of dogs, but if I were you, I would have probably died out of fear...AND pissed my pants >_<

And Spire III: For me, the Shadow Temple does it. I can NOT do it quickly enough just to get it done with. Remember the well in Kakariko village? The only thing I did there was get the Lens of Truth, nothing else. I always feared the moment I had to go and get it, it was prolly my least favorite part of the whole game, if I may say.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I remember a certain enemy from Yoshi's Island that scared the **** out of me.

I forgot what level it was in, but the thing was floating, purple and fish-like. It had yellow jaws. If Yoshi were to jump into it's open jaws (or walk), it'd chew him up Pirana-Plant style, which terrified me (Pirana Plants were okay for me, though). For some reason, though, it still scares the **** out of me.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
what s2 said.

freaky *** monster in RE4

i don't know the name of the monster but it was the one that you had to use the special sniper inferred scope to kill it and it would just slowly walk toward you as you tried to shoot its weak spots using the scope. Freaky as hell....AND you were ****ed if you had no sniper bullets.

i guess they're called the regenerators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OgyehNIzes

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm actually disappointed in the community because nobody mentioned Psycho Mantis.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Wall/Floor Masters in Zelda games or ReDeads.

Also, certain enemies from Resident Evil 4. U2 or the chainsaw freaks come to mind.

Faux

Smash Rookie
Um, when I was really young (like 8) I thought the first boss in Donkey Kong 64 was scary. For now though, Pyramid Head gets my vote.

Sensai

Smash Master
People watched that movie?

I'm actually behind in the Silent Hill scene...I think I played #2 and found it a cheap copy of RE. I might get the new one, though. If it ever comes out.

And Psycho Mantis wasn't all that scary to me. He just didn't have much going for him. I mean, sure, the gas mask and the mind-reading...but only the first of those is scary. Eh. I dunno.

ShinGuara

Smash Rookie
Lisa, the overdosed daughter in Resident Evil 1 for GC. Ripped off parts of her mom and attached them to herself to keep the family close. Scared the crap out of me during my play through of that. Her movement is that eerie shuffle type deal. Bleh lol

The 2 headed babies that run after you in Silent Hill 4 aren't too pleasant either.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And Psycho Mantis wasn't all that scary to me. He just didn't have much going for him. I mean, sure, the gas mask and the mind-reading...but only the first of those is scary. Eh. I dunno.
Sensai, whatchu talkin' bout. I guess all the magic is lost with your new-fangled technologies, but he was the scariest ****ing thing back in the day. He broke the fourth wall, which is completely unexpected up to that point in the game, he made a fake "Input" screen and your screen went black and you thought he was messing with your TV, he would move you around and "mind control" you until you changed your controller port to 2, and he would read your memory card and freak you out by saying, "Oh, so you like Castlevania, huh?!"

He also killed his own father after invading his mind on accident and finding out that his dad hated him. Good stuff, that patricide. Good stuff.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
That **** fish from the Mario games! Whether it's in SMB3 or SM64, that thing strikes fear into my heart whenever I'm near it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The original version of Goro from MK I just seemed creepy to me back then. He still does to this day.

FootFace

Smash Apprentice
Chainsaw guy,
Resident Evil
He's always behind you!!
Vrommm!! =](blood splatters everywhere!)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well, I don't play scary video games (I jump waaay too easily to begin with) cause I'm a nervous person and things are scarier when you actually believe in ghosts but anyway, my worst moment was the first part of the Shadow Temple. You know that part where you go through walls? Well, I kinda got through it without the lens of truth and... yeah.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Dead Hands from Ocarina of Time. I first saw them when I was about 7 years old...I've never been the same since.

Also, though it's not an enemy, the Shadow Temple (also in OoT) creeped me out. There were faces on the wall!
And the music made me awful...

Noes! It just got stuck to my mind! Get away!

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
The Iron Maidens from Resident Evil 4. It's their breathing that gets to me. Wondering where they is.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
For me it's without a doubt Dr. Salvador from RE4. The moment that you enter the shotgun house and you hear the chainsaw starting up, you'll almost pee in your pants. Then when he climbs up the ****ing stairs to chop your head of, you'll go wild and shoot around with your shotgun, praying that you will actually hit him and eventually kill him.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I never played the games, but the s**t from Silent Hill in the movie was insane!!! I've gotta say the scariest thing in that though was the 20 some things that had the nurse uniforms in the movie........those were freaky when they moved, and the sound they made......................:( sickening.

Top Bottom