• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(scared to say it) new AT

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
the other day, I was practicing against a level 3 comp, when I found this. don't know how exactly to do it, but don't give up hope, it could be QUITE useful for us pikachu's.

Basically, I did a moving down-b, and instead of continuing my momentum left, the momentum made a sharp change left, and I stayed on the right side of the lightningning instead of on the other, and I didn't get hit by the lightning.
It was on smashville on the right side near the ledge (not sure if location matters)

This will allow us to do b-downs, not get hit by the lightning, AND remain on the same side we started on.

No Idea how to do this, but it's probably something like the mid-air b reversal; hitting the opposite direction right before doing the move.
*I will give half credit of discovering this to whoever first posts here how to do it

:026:
EDIT: video will be uploaded by monday
EDIT2: I hereby propose that it be called ARM DuBbing. (Arial Reversing of Momentum with Down B) or something at least close to that.

Osgiliath

Smash Apprentice
Ya I noticed too a few times, something about adjusting momentum before you actually use the attack. I've noticed this with thunder, and thundershock. I have to say it can be rather disadvantageous if you don't know its coming. :(

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
It's a lot easier with B-sticking, but it's not that hard to do with regular Control Stick. It's just a matter of having quick fingers.

gallax

Smash Hero
true. but b-sticking with pika is rare. more people tend to use the c-stick as it is. its really not that hard to do it without b-sticking. i think its most important for lucas users though imo.

I Pika

Smash Cadet
So you kind of reverse the thunder so you fly to the OPPOSITE direction from where u were flying initially?

gallax

Smash Hero
i can jump off the stage, jump back towards the stage and quickly get a thunder off and not have it hit the stage. its hard in the beginning, but after a while you get the timing down. and rollkerking is right. its not wavebouncing. but it is a variant of it.

one thing that i forgot to mention is that sometimes use this as a wall of defense when playing MK.. other chars too like sonic, but mostly MK since he glides and uses the **** tornado. its very great to use if he is coming towards you.

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
It's good to see so much discussion about this, keep it up. :)
video coming sunday or monday.
I think one good use would be to go near the edge, then sh towards the edge, do this, and you can get a quick b-down that reaches past the bottom.

:026:

Top Bottom