• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Say what to these people?

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
Well, I haved melee and tried to master it, I always battled some friends that play more for fun and they always sayed "Lol you're so addicted to this game, you also see videos for it, it's impossible to battle a addicted player" or even they says "wtf why didn't I hit?" "Lol, I was supposed to hit you there" "How the f*** you hit me there?". It ended up for they always losing and pissing me off.

Now with brawl, I don't have a wii and they have, I played like, five days with them and they all started with those commentary again, wich really makes me wanna throw the game cube controller at theirs face.
Also, I main Lucario, Falco and Ike, always that I hit with a Dair, fsmash with lucario they start to get angry. Worst is with Falco, everytime I spike them, they say "Lol stop that Bullsh**" or with Ike when I do that RAR bair thing.

Seriously, I watch videos to become better, and they always like, do the same thing over and over, becoming predictable. While I understand all that is passing on the screen they stay with the "WTF was that???" on their face.

All of this ended up by they getting pissed off and stop playing or me being pissed off by the commentaries and stop playing. I always say: lol why you don't try to become better, instead of doing the same kind of thing over and over? and they say "and you should stop being addicted to this game"

I didn't even have the game! How can I be addicted?
Have this happened to you guys? And what do I say to these kind of people?
Just posted this because I was really pissed off five hours ago when I was on a room with 5 players and all of them started to say those kind of things, I just stopped the game and leaved the room.

P.S.: Sorry if I did english mistakes, I'm not American or kind alike.
P.S.: Sorry for the too many "piss off" things lol

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
These people are simply scrubs who are frustrated that they aren't better than you despite their lame efforts. Explain to them that you are playing to win and that you're only doing things that will aid that. If they are, however, as mature as you depict them, become rampantly pompous and scream, "I AM A GOD TO YOU PEOPLE" every time you win, making them leave the room. It will produce the same result as your current situation, only much, much more satisfying, believe me.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
Um, perhaps you need friends that aren't jerks?
But they are my best friends, they only are jerks in this game...

These people are simply scrubs who are frustrated that they aren't better than you despite their lame efforts. Explain to them that you are playing to win and that you're only doing things that will aid that. If they are, however, as mature as you depict them, become rampantly pompous and scream, "I AM A GOD TO YOU PEOPLE" every time you win, making them leave the room. It will produce the same result as your current situation, only much, much more satisfying, believe me.
Yeah, I always show them tricks for their main and still they go for the usual stuff... and I thinked they sould already manage to my style of playing but I think they feel better to say mean things to me than changing their play style, blaming all the wrong stuff they did in my actions of playing.
Oh, I'm not of the arrogant type (even if they are), I don't feel very good by doing that (and still knowing they deserve it).

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
My advice? Go easy on them. If you see an easy opportunity to spike them while they're recovering, just let them get back on the stage before smashing them off. Or if your friend uses Ike's forward smash a lot, just step dodge and jab them once or twice till they get the idea, instead of immediately comboing them. Make them feel like they have a chance, basically.

I'm not saying to lose every match, go ahead and win if you know you can, just don't completely dominate them.

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
^
That's what I do when I have a noobish friend over to play. If I go all out, few people would really have an enjoyable time (not saying I'm a gaming god, just that I have few hardcore smasher friends).

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
HEY, the I should have hit you comment is a perfectly viable complaint... or maybe that is just me being upset when I miss a knee.

Sounds like the people you play with are "scrubs." They make up reasons for losing and insult you because you are better then them. I play with people who are way worse then the best few people in my group. We usually put them lower on the priority list or try to use them to get at the other good players.

Spikes and edgehogs have been accepted practices for a while though. We like practicing our spikes so we always do those, but we don't always edgehog the worse player... and well in Brawl there isn't much of a point to edgehog a lot of the time.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
My friends have been known to do the same thing from time to time... just keep kicking there ***** like you always do but give them tips during the game.

Spellman

Smash Ace
The "get a life" argument when you're good at something is lame. Can't really change people though, they gotta come to the realization that there are people that are good at games by themselves.

The response you give them is "Good game guys." That's all you can do if you want to remain sportsmanlike. When I'm playing with someone who's good though or with my friends, we trash talk each other constantly, and it's fun and we like it like that.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
My advice? Go easy on them. If you see an easy opportunity to spike them while they're recovering, just let them get back on the stage before smashing them off. Or if your friend uses Ike's forward smash a lot, just step dodge and jab them once or twice till they get the idea, instead of immediately comboing them. Make them feel like they have a chance, basically.

I'm not saying to lose every match, go ahead and win if you know you can, just don't completely dominate them.
Hm, good, I should try that.
But you know, two of them plays with marth and olimar, I always say they should learn to spike, since it is a pretty good move, but meh they don't do that. Only 20% of the time we play with no items or 1vs1, and they do the same kind of stuff as they were with items.
And they are not thaaat bad, if I don't do those things, I may ended up losing. It's just they get mad by getting a fsmash dsmash usmash dodged and then getted grabbed or smashed.
Oh, the weak point of them is the edgehog, they get really mad with that. I don't do that very much, but there are always opportunities for me to do that, but I prefer not for those reasons.

HEY, the I should have hit you comment is a perfectly viable complaint... or maybe that is just me being upset when I miss a knee.
Oh, about that thing, always happen because lucario has good range, and when I hit them when they are about to smash me, they say that thing. Or with the down dodge.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I know people like that and I don't like playing them. You can't help it if you're better than them or can execute techniques without fail. Don't put yourself down and just play the game. Instead, you should tell them to get better.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
They have that "I must get better" inside them, for sure. The only real thing that annoys me are the commentarys. Maybe I should just get that feeling in them more, trying to make them at least trying to do some new stuff. Or just buy a Wii and play online lol

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Just pause the game, and thoroughly explain to them why you weren't hit.

"It's called, dodging, stupid!"

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
the HEY that should have hit is perfectly valid.
for example today i tried to forward smash my friend, and nothing happened, i tried like 5 times and nothing happened, and then all of a sudden i smashed, but by then the moment had passed obviously
like half an hour later my friend had the exact same problem, we're not sure what caused it, but there is a legit example of where complaints are totally legit.
i feel for you man, luckily i have both noob friends, and better more competition minded friends, so i can just switch it up whenever i want to play a serious match vs a fooling around smash balls on high randomness fest.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I had a good idea, does someone have or knows where I can get replays from good competitive marth/olimar/fox/snake/PT/MK? Then I could put it in a SD card and show them how to do some new things.
(Don't show YouTube vids because he doesn't have internet lol).

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Um forgive them for not studing crap like you do, you for one are getting fustrated over something stupid and shouldnt be putting them down(maybe not you specifically but some). They are fustrated, sometimes you can be like wtf i should have hit and things like "hit boxes" dont pop into peoples head. It you want try having a lil show, have them set up and say what they are doing. Others have explained this. When I first started playing melee as peach i was like why in the hell cant I beat links down air when I do a powered up smash. I just cant....even though i want to soooooooo bad. It couldnt work with these two characters. My friend would say mistake when i would do that then a quick **** from my end.

Give people a break too **** lol. Its sounds like your friends are joking but are fustrated. Why arnt they alloud to be. Some people dont adjust game play styles very well. Some people dont see they are being predictable and arnt trained. Gonna need to give them some help in that department. I remember you saying that sometimes that there is a possibility that they could win if you dont do the things that you need to to win. So express that Ike coming at me bforward i think all my friend would do is charge across the stage so instead of (i play pt) razor leafing him and charging him all the time I'd simply jump over him till he got the idea that hey im not gonna sit my *** in front of ike hehe.

Top Bottom