• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Say "Fuzzy Pickles." Ness Video/Critique Thread

DHD

Smash Cadet
I'd say work on your commitment with PK Fire. Know when you're punishing and going in and when you're just spacing. In my eyes, PKF should always be as safe as possible when playing footsies. I saw you recover by going in with pkf and I think that's the best example of overextending. All they have to do is shield or spot dodge and they get a clean punish. Right now I'm trying out wave bounce PKF to see if I can make it more safe by throwing forward and going backwards while still keeping my jump in case of hard reads.

Also, if you see your opponent crouch cancelling a lot, you may want to go in with stronger attacks than fair, since you'll more often than not get punished with something stupid.

EDIT: or cross them up more.

Last edited:

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
I'd say work on your commitment with PK Fire. Know when you're punishing and going in and when you're just spacing. In my eyes, PKF should always be as safe as possible when playing footsies. I saw you recover by going in with pkf and I think that's the best example of overextending. All they have to do is shield or spot dodge and they get a clean punish. Right now I'm trying out wave bounce PKF to see if I can make it more safe by throwing forward and going backwards while still keeping my jump in case of hard reads.

Also, if you see your opponent crouch cancelling a lot, you may want to go in with stronger attacks than fair, since you'll more often than not get punished with something stupid.

EDIT: or cross them up more.
thanks dude. I try to PK fire based on reads. though i should not use them while recovering. THis Match my F-Air spacing was horrid. Thanks for your input dude.

DHD

Smash Cadet
I guess it's my turn to get some critique.

It's definitely not a tournament match, it's just something I recorded in the equivalent of my backyard against a CPU.
I know I should work on my ground game and actually doing something about my "cool techs" instead of just doing the tech and standing there happily that I pulled it off xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom