• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
To a man that changed so many lives without even being able to be properly thanked personally for all he has done. Stirring the imagination, inventing new world, and creating a legend within the player himself, Iwata. . . I can't help but thank you for having created many memories i hold not only in my mind, but heart as well

Thank you and may you rest in peace. Thoughts are with his family as well

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
So unfortunate. Complete shock even though I knew he had health issues. He put his heart and soul into the best company in the world. He will be missed. RIP and thank you for everything.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata. You were an inspiration to many Nintendo fans around the world. We will miss you. :(

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Wow...

That really sucks...

Rest in Peace, sir... You shall be missed.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
This sucks so much. Nintendo will never be the same without Iwata.

Rest in peace. You will be missed.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
I'm completely speechless, i was aware of his health issues but never thought this would happen. The world just lost a great mind, Nintendo Directs will never be the same, R.I.P Iwata, we will miss you.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
R.I.P.
The world lost a great guy today. I don't think Nintendo Directs will be the same without him.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
At first, I thought this was a joke. Sadly, it isn't.

I really hope Nintendo finds someone as great as him to be the new CEO.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
is it appropriate to post some sad songs? I hope so, to express our sadness...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Iwata was a great man, and he was so young. He'll be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata, old friend. I'm sure you're in a better place now.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I can't believe he passed away. I will sincerely miss Iwata.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
I see a lot of comments saying "He as so young" and stuff but you know that that is what amazes me the most: all the games we played, all the Saturday nights where the entire family was playing on X console, all the games that marked our chilldhood and all of the rages, laughs and tears we had when we played his games, all of this in just 55 years, thank you Iwata for making so much in so little time.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dammit... why Iwata. Why one of the only people in this damn industry who put games and game quality before anything else...

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
I am completely shocked by this. :eek: Then I read the Nintendo's official document and understood that this is no joke. :sadeyes:

R.I.P. Mr. Iwata-sensei. Your humbleness and optimism has helped keep Nintendo afloat, even in their tougher moments.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Wha... what? What?

I was just... going to bed... when this...
This is real? I can't believe it...

R.I.P Mr. Iwata. :c

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
This... I'm appaled... I knew this fateful day would happen eventually, but I can speak for the whole Nintendo community when I say we were not ready for this. This marks the loss of a great man, one who puthis games first... Needless to say, he was a great leader,and will be dearly missed... I dropped my 3DS when I read this, and believe me, that's saying a lot.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm at a loss of words about this tragedy...except that he was such a wonderful man.

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata
1959 - 2015

Last edited:

Gero Zeal

Smash Cadet
Looking back, most of the games I have played in my life would have been overseen by Iwata and his fellow staff. It is because of Nintendo, its staff, and their partners that I have been introduced to the realm of videogames. More over, because of the fans of their games I began to develop an identity in videogames as well; and now, I want to use some of their games as a form of expression and outreach to others.
Nintendo has truly become something special to me and I feel quite grateful that I am able to share some of the games Mr. Iwata has worked on or helped with with my friends and family.
God bless you Mr. Satoru Iwata, and may He be with your family, friends and colleagues at this time. But let us also take this time to not only mourn your passing, but to celebrate your accomplishments and time on this Earth.
Best prayers, wishes and regards,

Chris (Gero Zeal) Williams

Top Bottom