• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sastopher out of the cave.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
[QUOTE="Irish mafia]So I was at SNES this weekend, and it was god**** incredible. I got to play a couple matches with sastopher, who, though rusty, is still pretty good. I hear he placed well, but I didn't keep track. He said he might come back to the scene as he thinks peach now has a place in the metagame. Anyway, he showed me a little recovering tricksie:

when recovering, you can do an aerial pivot toad (i dunno the technical term for this, but yeah turn around with toad) and get the recovery boost, and then be able to approach the stage with a bair. I thought it was clever, anyway, that isn't what this threads about.

Really, what I want to get to is, do you guys think that peach has a place in the modern metagame? If so, do you think it requires shinobi-style camping, or armada-style combos? What changed that makes peach a "good character" as appose to the "OK character" she was not too long ago?[/QUOTE]
Something I noticed when reading that thread was how Peach is now being considered in with the top. She was considered good before but now they try to put her on a whole different level after Genisis. Peach isn't any more amazing then she was before, Armada hyped her cause HE is good with her. Same **** happened with Ken and Marth. I remember when Ken was coming up people couldn't believe how good Marth could be. But it had little to do with Marth and more to do with the player. Marth is on top of that tier list but since Kens been gone his placement in the tournament scene has fell far from the top. Look at Mango. Who the fvck saw Jiggs coming before him? You might have seen a few up and coming Jiggs like KillaOR and King but none were as relevant as Mango. There needs to be a distinction between character and player skill. Just because Armada is the man with Peach doesn't mean that every Peach will emulate everything he does and be successful.

Arc why'd you close the thread? There is barely discussion on the Peach boards. Let us talk.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
...Thats why the thread is closed.

I agree that Armada's Peach is so good because it's Armada's Peach.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
It's not about that. His play is different, not necessarily better. If he can manage to keep switching it up when people catch on then that will make him a great player. Strive to be different and it pays off. All the influential players have that trait. People them mimic and learn how to change when facing that style. It's the better players who keep changing that stay consistent. Take what you will from that but it's just what I've experienced and seen through out the years. I was 16-17 when I was playing this game. I'm almost 23. Getting old but I've noted some trends in the scene.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I closed the thread because after 3 or so posts it wasn't discussion. It was bickering and Armada is Armada and Pink Shinobi is Pink Shinobi, and etc. is etc.

I don't approve of you re-creating the thread, but meh if you want to try to get actual discussion going again why not?

No more Flaming. Or I'll just close it period.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Vidjo, said he'll so be at pound 4, hes one of the reason's why i main peach, i have too play him, and PinkS if he gos i guess

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
PinkS isn't that fun to play against, unless he goes really agro. We did some friendlies at genesis, pretty sweet.
Vidjo is teaming with m2k, they live together now. Vidjo actually entered in LoLiS, look for it in the tournament video forum

Top Bottom