• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAST 2, Tucson AZ Oct 13th (Today!) read news!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It's alright about Socal being close to each other, it was bound to happen eventually.

As for recording the results, there are 2 boxes for each match that is played. Try messing around with those, and see if you can get it to work.

Or you could always ask Neal for help.

AXE 09

Smash Master
B-Will!!! haha i actually did alright! i THINK i got 7th, but i'm not exactly sure... we'll find out once gamer puts up results.

geez mike, you were all talking smack about me while i was fighting Lucky... dude i was getting mad as heck, but afterwards you and i talked and you turned out to be pretty cool, so no hard feelings lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol it's alright

haha yup, i got 7th ^^ i got 7th in doubles too. if only i got one more 7, then i'd have 777. talk about lucky. speaking of which... lucky's the one who eliminated me from the tourney ='( geez, it's like all of this just falls in place. it's like a code or something lol

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
lol it's alright

haha yup, i got 7th ^^ i got 7th in doubles too. if only i got one more 7, then i'd have 777. talk about lucky. speaking of which... lucky's the one who eliminated me from the tourney ='( geez, it's like all of this just falls in place. it's like a code or something lol
*claps hands slowly*

Bravo, Axe. Bravo. It has taken you long, and you have gotten far, but you shall go no further. I will not let my master plan be revealed to the public.

*dramatically pulls out a gun*

EPIC MUTHAFXXXIN PLOT TWIST.

LuCKy

Smash Master
I can vouch that TO was NOT working when Gamer was trying to create a bracket using the pool seeds. In attempting to input results, it would repeatedly say that one player got a certain record regardless of the information we put in. This made the pools, as far as seeds was concerned, pretty much next to invalid. We spent a fair amount of time trying to make the **** thing work and it just didn't want to.

So as far as *I'm* concerned, I offer my heartfelt condolences to JTB and anybody else whose bracket was stupid. I've had similar things happen to me before, and it sucks, big time.

Shoutouts:

Taj -- Teams are too good. We'll get Mango and Lucky yet.

Sean -- You almost brought it back from loser's against Mango. You turned up the heat on me from SCC -_-

Mango -- Our first match was like a real match. Our second match was like a real match. Our third one sounded like "PING! SMASH! PING! PING! SMASH! PING!" I may never ever counter pick Yoshi's Story against you again.

Lucky -- Arhg. Teams is hard -_-

Everybody else: sorry you don't get full shoutouts. I just didn't get to play enough friendlies/have enough fun socializing. So... peace, and I hope to see you all again soon.
wobbles!!! dude your ic's are just beautiful!!! and teams are easy with fox just laser,bair and usmash lol you should try it.....and the penguin you have is ****,...

lol taj is like the funniest person i ever met,i mean he is just hilarious

foward.....well i didnt get to play you again lol maybe next time?..

well az was fun even though the ride took forever but driving with gimpyfish is too fun so.......yea lol cool playing the few people i played

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, to be clear, tio is working as intended. You must double click on the ROW of the winner whose results you are reporting; tio then asks you how many times that person lost in the set, because it can figure out for itself how many times the person won. You cannot double click on the row of the loser because there is not enough information to determine a total score. Example:

Player A: "I lost to player B in pool."
Me: "Ok... double click on where Player A meets Player B... how many times did Player A lose? Twice!"
Tio: (internally) well, the set is best 2 of 3, and Player A won [BECAUSE YOU CLICKED ON HIS ROW], so he must mean that the player lost once. Ok, Player A wins 2-1.
Me: "WTF NO PLAYER A LOST 1-2".

Why does this happen? Because telling tio that someone lost in a pool does not provide enough information to record the result; the program would know that Player B won two games, but it does not know how many games Player A won. I could fix this by having a SECOND prompt that would 100% confuse half of all users, or I could make the organizer work more and manually specify the exact score in terms of Player A.

... Or tournament organizers could take responsibility for learning the software they use. The manual and integrated tutorials are all very specific about this issue, and clearly state the requirement that you double click on the row of the winner in multiple locations.

I hope this doesn't sound mean, and I'm certainly not trying to stoke the fire or say anyone did a bad job... I just don't like to be blamed for something that isn't my fault :(.

OH, and today is my birthday, so no one can take offense to anything I just said. It's the law.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the results thread, I was complaining that light only got 9th. But then I find out he was taken out by axe because axe is toooo good.

EDIT: Good job ruben for making a decent showing, taking out dark and trent.

Hanki losing to toro and elvis? :(

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
as maxxpower just said;
just to say, i did not get last place, also Hanki and Idaho did not get last place also, we 3 dropped outta the trouney cause we were too tired and didnt care to compete any more. reasons were; the tourney was poorly ran, time took way too long to start the singles and i only got 2hrs of sleep before goin to this.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
as maxxpower just said;
just to say, i did not get last place, also Hanki and Idaho did not get last place also, we 3 dropped outta the trouney cause we were too tired and didnt care to compete any more. reasons were; the tourney was poorly ran, time took way too long to start the singles and i only got 2hrs of sleep before goin to this.

In reality, Tetris was the reason why we didn't want to play. It was fun though. Toro was hot that day. He gots mad skills. Too bad james had to play like a coward against him, no johns....I guess. STB took out Gimpy's team like nothing, That Samus is too good. Everyone there was cool. This was actually the most enjoyable tourney's I ever been too, even though I didn't play. HAHA...I do have a way to spread my influence. :cool:

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
it was a fun tourney to hang out at though, nice cool breeze outside, some tetris goin on, then when some of us dropped out, we headed downstairs into the food court and then outside and had some good laughs, good times. i kinda wish i played in the bracket, but when im that tired, i just dont care about much. once teams was over, so was i. i played my pool matches, 2-0'd everyone except Idaho, cause hes too good man

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Too bad james had to play like a coward against him, no johns....I guess.
Johns or not, there is no shame in playing smart and doing whatever it takes to get the win, don't say you wouldn't do the same because I highly doubt that anyone will regard their "smash brothers HONOR" (lol?) over getting a win. Besides that, save the trash talk for tournaments, don't go talking @#$! about people on the forums.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
In reality, Tetris was the reason why we didn't want to play. It was fun though. Toro was hot that day. He gots mad skills. Too bad james had to play like a coward against him, no johns....I guess. STB took out Gimpy's team like nothing, That Samus is too good. Everyone there was cool. This was actually the most enjoyable tourney's I ever been too, even though I didn't play. HAHA...I do have a way to spread my influence. :cool:

no offence, but you make it sound as if gimpy and I cared about teams.... i mean, i went bowser he went fox for a match... lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha thanks B-Will, but i kinda just got lucky. all 3 of our matches were really close, he beat my fox with peach the first round, i beat his peach with pikachu the 2nd, and i have no idea why i went jiggs the 3rd round, but i somehow won =O i guess i was watching mango too much or something lol. can't stay above the influence.

dang, i really REALLY wanted to play gimpyfish, but i never got around to it ='( darn it, that was probably the only chance i had. o well i guess. hopefully i'll maybe get to play you one day if i get lucky lol.

VATO!!! man i confused you with g-mo at first, i'm really sorry about that man. haha i really am, i get confused sometimes. but man, you definately lightened up my mood throughout the whole tourney. man you're awesome, you've been talking to me and Tag since even before we got good at smash. and of course, g-mo's freakin awesome. STB's tight lol

and sorry for whoever i turned down for that MM in tetris. i knew i couldn't play that game for my life lol. it's been forever since i've played that game. i still love it though.

and Taj... thanks for backing me up when i was fighting Lucky. If you and Tag weren't there to back me up, i would've felt horrible the rest of the day... but you two made it better for me. thanks a lot for that guys, that really meant a lot to me. you two were the only ones i saw, but if there were some others that were backing me up, thank you too.

Tai, don't shoot me!!! ack! *dies from a heart attack*

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
haha thanks B-Will, but i kinda just got lucky. all 3 of our matches were really close, he beat my fox with peach the first round, i beat his peach with pikachu the 2nd, and i have no idea why i went jiggs the 3rd round, but i somehow won =O i guess i was watching mango too much or something lol. can't stay above the influence.

dang, i really REALLY wanted to play gimpyfish, but i never got around to it ='( darn it, that was probably the only chance i had. o well i guess. hopefully i'll maybe get to play you one day if i get lucky lol.

VATO!!! man i confused you with g-mo at first, i'm really sorry about that man. haha i really am, i get confused sometimes. but man, you definately lightened up my mood throughout the whole tourney. man you're awesome, you've been talking to me and Tag since even before we got good at smash. and of course, g-mo's freakin awesome. STB's tight lol

and sorry for whoever i turned down for that MM in tetris. i knew i couldn't play that game for my life lol. it's been forever since i've played that game. i still love it though.

and Taj... thanks for backing me up when i was fighting Lucky. If you and Tag weren't there to back me up, i would've felt horrible the rest of the day... but you two made it better for me. thanks a lot for that guys, that really meant a lot to me. you two were the only ones i saw, but if there were some others that were backing me up, thank you too.

Tai, don't shoot me!!! ack! *dies from a heart attack*
Haha, Axe, I didn't know that you knew my name. How did you find it out?

AXE 09

Smash Master
you know what? i really don't know lol. i just remember from a long time ago when you first joined the boards. i rememberd cuz you rname was close to Taj... but i can't believe that i still remember. strange how i can remember your name, but not the names of other people who i talk to or fight with more often lol.

NES!!!!! dude you have a freakin crazy peach. your peach reminded me a lot of turnip tosser's peach. man, you're hecka good. nice matches we had lol. they were close, we went down to the last stock in all of our matches. did i fight you with Pikachu? i remember i used fox, but did i fight you with pika too? i can't remember lol

Nes

Smash Lord
NES!!!!! dude you have a freakin crazy peach. your peach reminded me a lot of turnip tosser's peach. man, you're hecka good. nice matches we had lol. they were close, we went down to the last stock in all of our matches. did i fight you with Pikachu? i remember i used fox, but did i fight you with pika too? i can't remember lol
Yeah you did go pika

killer tofu

Smash Lord
This tourney was soo much fun. The venue was awesome cuz it had air hockey downstairs. I don't really know teh names of the people i played but it was fun. Thanks again Maxxxxxxpower for letting us crash at your place, thanks alot. That was a fun std too. lol

Shoutouts! (well kinda)

Wobbles(Taj) you ***** me soo hard. Hopefully next time we play i wont get 4 stocked lol.

I anybody remembers me. I was in the green and black stripped sweater.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shoutouts-

Everyone Who went with me.
Mike-Love the **** talking
Nes-I hate u
Larry-Stop being black {sorry i had to do it } lol
Tofu-How u get that scar =}
Rob West-Best name
Lucky-Ur gay and do nothing in team .. i carry the team =P
Gimpy- Have u seen my hotdog.. =O
Jtb- DOnt be cocky haha
Mango- U **** ****... Good ****..

Az
Taj- Aka THe big fella Nice set we had.. really close ..
Wobbles- Sorry about what i said.. i meant to say like do u have any other ic tricks.. and watching u play and seen all kinds of crazy stuff like nana doing her b move and hitting people .. O and i love nana pultU are my favorite ics now...
Forward- We played in tournament *****..... Wow u ***** me so hard first set.. U were playing like a champion.... THen i found out i had no box tag and put it on and won . so yea box tag ****..

All az people

Stop hating socal so much....
I know we have people like mike talking **** but dont take it serious... OR maybe u can
Get *****!!

What az was suprised when i won?
!! mango ***** are u kidding me !!!
any ways GO socal !!

Top Bottom