• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sandbox Mode: it will probably never happen but it's cool to think about.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
We have equipment that can change the stats of a character. There are special effects that can be applied that change the way a character plays. Sakurai, the master troll, has enabled the ability to change the way the game is played completely, but in the form pure RNG stupidity.

Does he know what he has done? Does he know how much of a tease this is?

Now, what if someone, somewhere in Nintendo or Namco (or maybe Sakurai but not likely) decides to make a sandbox mode? You would be able to adjust their attack, defense, and agility to whatever you want, use any custom move, and apply any combination of non-conflicting special effects.

So much potential for greatness! Not just for the competitive community, but for everyone. Max-stat DBZ Falcon dittos need to happen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do find it odd how Smash Run has no equivelent to the Free Run option in the Kirby Air Ride mode City Trial. Same thing with Stadium mode.

For context, Free Run is basically a practice mode of sorts. There are no CPUs, Events, or Boxes, time is unlimited, and every vehicle barring King Dedede and Meta Knight is available right from the start in the underground section. It's designed for a player to either explore the field and practice the varies vehicles, or to simply goof around.

Last edited:

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
I do find it odd how Smash Run has no equivelent to the Free Run option in the Kirby Air Ride mode City Trial. Same thing with Stadium mode.

For context, Free Run is basically a practice mode of sorts. There are no CPUs, Events, or Boxes, time is unlimited, and every vehicle barring King Dedede and Meta Knight is available right from the start in the underground section. It's designed for a player to either explore the field and practice the varies vehicles, or to simply goof around.
I really don't get the point of a free mode in Smash Run. Kirby Air Ride has vechicles where smash has characters, and you could just go to training mode to practice with them. Even if the enemies were in smash free mode, it would be kind of pointless since the whole point of free mode in KAR was to get rid of random elements. It could be useful for memorizing the map, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Why do all my threads always attract off-topic flame wars?

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
This reminds me of a Smash RPG project I scraped a few months ago.
Wow, that would be cool.
Maybe you should find some Modders and talk to them.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
Why do all my threads always attract off-topic flame wars?
On the actual topic, this would be a great idea. Maybe they could make it so where you could adjust the 5 stat categories of smash run.. I could see it being a buggy mess though, it sounds easy to implement but it's really not.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
And having a free run in Smash Run would serve the same purpose. (change vehicles & boxes with characters & enemies)
Except you can't interact with other players in smash run, so it kind of defeats the purpose. That and you can just practice with the characters in training and explore the map in the actual smash run.

Top Bottom