• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
San Japan Update:

• Last year I spent the Thursday before San Japan transferring equipment (mainly tv's) from my place to the venue. It was extremely helpful since every setup was ready the day of the tourney. Recently I went CRT-hunting with Zhea for the melee community and he has a few. I'm waiting until tmrw to ask him if we could borrow them for San Japan (he went to Evo and is probably in hibernation mode). If it's a go, I'm going to need one person to help me move everything. Any takers? You will be able to pick up your volunteer badge on thursday night (unless they changed it from last year).
  • Brawl entry fee is $10 instead of the usual $5 and is capping at 128 entrants. Melee and PM are running on Friday, which I will probably end up helping run. If that's the case, I'm going to ask Fishouse if we can take sign ups from entrants as early as friday instead of 2 hours before the tourney starts in past years. I pray that we can.
  • Got alottttt of $1 bills for change for when EVERY SINGLE SMASHER PAYS WITH A $20. ****ers.
  • I have a couple posters and coloring supplies for info regarding the tourney. While we had one last year, it sucked because I suck. Cassie's gonna do it this year. It'll have the basic info on it for ppl but anybody have any ideas?
  • I'm gonna ask Fishouse if we can get images/pdf's/etc on the brackets. Because this tourney will have 4 32-man brackets with each TO running his own bracket, I wanna see what we're working with for seeding purposes. Probably overkill, but last years big paper bracket did kind of throw me for a loop so I'd rather there be no major surprises.
  • Bring ANYTHING that will help with setups. CRT, wii/disc, power strip/block, extension cord, etc. If anybody is willing to lend any extra controllers for con-goers that have no understanding of BYOC, that would be great. I brought 7456954 controllers of all kinds last year and it helped, but most of my gamecube controllers had something wrong with them.
One last thing. I am hosting at my place from thursday-sunday (3 nights) for volunteers. Because we aren't getting a hotel room this year (unless everyone wanted to split but lol we're smashers), ride's and parking fee's are an issue. Therefore, all of us staying together and carpooling seems logical. I will be leaving the convention pretty early and getting there early in the morning everyday, though so ppl sleeping in should skip on this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was gonna ask you or Slush if we could crash at yall's places since mine is small. I'm down with your place. I'll probably end up taking whoever is volunteering from my area sans Beros (he has to leave early after Saturday.

I have Thursday off Nike. Would I be able to hang out Wednesday at your place or something? I could help out with whatever you need from Wednesday night onward. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I can't use my TV anymore cause it's prolly as old as I am and when FZ was over he accidentally pushed the power button so hard it came off and is hiding somewhere in the TV, so would need a pen or something to press the actual button inside to turn it on.
So can't help with TV (not like I wanted to lift that ****ing heavy thing and have people not play on it anyways lol) but have two wiis and only one brawl. White one can't be hacked cause broken SD so that'll be the one with the disc and have to change the rules around before con players just press play and continue the 2 min match lol.

Dunno about ideas for the posters but maybe direct em to FB group too even if it's dead, not just Snoreboreds.

I need to change a couple 20's to $5/1 bills lol.

Seeding might be a tad easier since Dallas and possibly Houston is coming down here this year since the pot increase attracted em.

I counted my stuph wrong from my post in the FB chat. 2 wiimotes GC controllers and classic controllers and 1 nunchuk. I prolly just need to scrounge around for batteries.

So by "tomorrow" you mean today (Tuesday) or do you actually mean Wednesday.

Last edited:

ryuujinx

Smash Apprentice
Literally the day after I made a comment on how my silver controller has been a champ and I've been using it for years, I drop it on the ground and my c-stick stops working.

Words can't describe how salty I am right now.

Edit: have fun at SJ. I'll be up in Dallas for Qcon unfortunately.

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Yeah if I'm picking anyone up for Nike's, y'all are going to have to get a ride back from Espy.

As mentioned before, we'll probably be taking one or two carpools to SJ (for those who don't like Nike's time schedule).
But that'd work great for me on Saturday night.

I can bring a Wii, Brawl/Melee/Memory, 2-4 wii motes, 2-3 GC controllers. Not sure if I want to bring 2-4 nunchucks and 2 classic controllers.

The Dread King

Smash Cadet
I wanted to go to SJ, but I'm f***ing broke.

Not so much for Smash, but for the eye candy. Love me some con girls, especially the snow bunnies.

In retrospect, some smashing could still occur that weekend.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Got the okay from Zhea, so we'll have a few more setups. I'd guess somewhere from 2-5 tv's.

I was gonna ask you or Slush if we could crash at yall's places since mine is small. I'm down with your place. I'll probably end up taking whoever is volunteering from my area sans Beros (he has to leave early after Saturday.

I have Thursday off Nike. Would I be able to hang out Wednesday at your place or something? I could help out with whatever you need from Wednesday night onward. :applejack:
Yes you can stay over wednesday night (tmrw). I get home from work around 6ish, so anytime after that is fine.

I got a tv if you need one.
Idk what your ride situation is, but I'd be more than happy to pick it up from you. If you were planning on staying at my place then I could just pick you up then (Unless someone like Espy or Beros was already gonna do that)

Also off Thursday, messaged you on FB. I can fill you in on bracket details that day too Nike.
I didn't get your message :( You have bracket details?

Nike, is it cool if we bring con-****s back to your place?
Yes.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't get out of work tomorrow until 10:30pm Nike. Is that okay?
Beros, would you be able to get Prime and take him Friday (or Thursday if you go to Nike's)? I can take Prime back home after the weekend is over.

I'm gonna see about Josh too. He said he could lend me his TV.
I have one TV, one Wii, and one copy myself. I think I might have 3 Wiimotes, a nunchuk, 3 GC controllers, and some other stuff.

I'm probably gonna call Fish on Thursday and see what numbers of stuff he managed to pull. Unless someone else already knows.

If anyone has any way to label their controllers, please do that before the weekend.

:applejack:

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
anybody have tape? lol
I'll provide the sharpie!

Also let's play a **** ton of brawl when we're all under Nike's roof, cause I'm incredibly rusty/slow. I can feel it in my fingers while at valdens for the matches I did play in P:M at how slowed they were cause I also haven't been playing league much these past 3 weeks until just yesterday to keep them semi-fast.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
There probably wont be any games at my place because every CRT by tmrw night will be at the venue. Unless you wanted to play on a laggy plasma.

I don't get out of work tomorrow until 10:30pm Nike. Is that okay?
Beros, would you be able to get Prime and take him Friday (or Thursday if you go to Nike's)? I can take Prime back home after the weekend is over.
:applejack:
Yea thats okay.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
If Prime isn't getting picked up by Nike, sure I can get Prime.
It up to him if he wants to go Thu afternoon or meet up on Fri morning, either works for me.

So in case we're carpooling with Nike, how early in the morning are you leaving?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Darren, if you're going tonight, when will you be free? I might chill with you and head over when you do if so.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Can't make tonight, celebrating my mom's birthday.
I'll most likely head over sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I can bring a wii and like 2 gamecube controllers Nike. I think the L button might not work on one of them but **** it, no one using it will notice.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If Prime isn't getting picked up by Nike, sure I can get Prime.
It up to him if he wants to go Thu afternoon or meet up on Fri morning, either works for me.

So in case we're carpooling with Nike, how early in the morning are you leaving?
Thursday afternoon sounds good.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alright I'm off work til well after San Japan. If anybody has any tv's that there willing to let us use for the weekend (I will return it either Sunday or Monday), I'm more than happy to come by your place to pick it up. Just let me know the time and place that works for you.

If I break it, I'll replace it. Thanks guys.

Mike2

Smash Ace
No I'd have to buy both for $70. Wiis are 50 and used brawl discs are 20 on amazon. Do you have a wii u for sale?

Suspect

Smash Hero
If one of you sees a chick named Batman, tell her I said hi. Hope she isnt 18 yet. If she is (or close to) call me so I can head down there asap. thank bye

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
We good to go, Nike or is your guess wrong?

########################################
# I feel like we'll be arriving at an empty house. #
########################################

I hope you guys didn't die in a car crash with dead phones.
That would be much anxiety.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Damn right those phones are precious to me.
How else can the first response team answer my calls and report to me their untimely deaths.

Anyways no need for worries, I got contact confirmation so I'm packing up, picking up Prime, and heading out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom