• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
late on that post, but when that image was shown that's all there was. Now there's everything shown for Braum. Shouldn't be hard to find. Reign of gaming Surrender @ 20 or even just the league site.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I've only played 273 games as Leona? It feels like so much more.

And I've played 13000 minutes with Prime, we need to stop hanging out with him.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I played on 3 different computers, and 2 years worth of logs disappeared when I smashed my laptop's hard drive last year.
Also it counts Bot Games ;; All my AP Cait on Int Bots -- at least on this desktop

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
5th Valdens? Who's the carpool right now? Me, you, and Paw are all set, and Slush is out. Was your wife going?
:applejack:

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Tournament is going to be so long that you will miss a whole day(maybe 2) of the event...but some of you go just for brawl anyways. I cant wait to see how they **** this up

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I just got off the phone with Fishouse, and this is what's happening as of the moment:

1) They want a 128 man Brawl tournament. Definitely not impossible. Last year we hit 64 with hours of registration to spare, and with a pot bonus, we might even drag a few players out of the cities in Texas for this.

2) They also wanna run Melee and Project M. I'll probably be getting in touch with Zhea and PKT about this since it's pretty important info.

3) They want 24 full setups for the Brawl tournament. That's probably gonna be the biggest challenge here. All of Nike's TVs that he left last year were kept in storage, so Fish and his crew have access to them, so that's a good chunk, but we're gonna need plenty more to hit anywhere near that number. Again, not impossible, just tough.

4) The format for the Brawl tournament is definitely new. What they want to do is run 4 pools of 32 (perhaps bracket pools would be the best option for this) that funnel down until the top 16 (meaning top 4 in each bracket get placed into a final bracket) are left. It's a decent setup, and probably the best way to run it if we end up with the 24 full setups.

4) For Brawl, they want approximately 10 volunteers. 4 directors to control a pool of players, 4 assistants to the directors, and 2 runners (basically you just hunt down players and get them to their appropriate matches).

SJ7 isn't until July, so we have a looot of time to plan, but it'd be for the best to have anything figured out as soon as we can so that the process can be more smooth. Gonna be some work, but after last year, I think this'll actually be pretty easy to set up. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
As long the tourney is Fri/Sat and not late Sat and no Sun, I could prob volunteer. Guess I'll fill, unless I be a runner.

Maxing those CRTs locally sure is hell. Would try to see if relatives had any, but probably all upgraded and recycled.
Be damned if Amazon has something. Lazy as hell for Craigs and 'bay.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
While 128 and 32 man pools sounds a bit much to some people, con tournaments are of course well known for people entering tournaments then not showing up for their matches.

So, like Xyro, don't hesitate to drop the hammer if they're not at their match in 5 or so minutes. Only exception being if they entered some other tournament in the room and in a match for that game, we know where they are usually cause their friends tell us, but sometimes they walk out or tell us they quit afterwards cause they want to go browse the con instead.

Even with the 1k pot bonus I wouldn't be surprised if each of us (if all of us volunteer) had to kick off 6 or so people.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I just don't have that kind of money on me. And there is no way my parents would pay that much for me either.

Maybe if I have a job by then. Maybe.

I am waiting to see if I get a call back from McDonalds. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom