• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's crawl attack doesn't work if you switch crawl directions

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Basically, it goes like this - whichever direction you start crawling in is the only direction you can do the morph ball attack in. If your joystick is pointing the other direction, you do a dtilt. This looks and feels weird, and I assume it's a bug, or at least not entirely intentional.

Repro steps:
Face left, and start crawling.
Change direction and start crawling right.
Attack - you do a dtilt rather than the morph ball charge.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Hi Terradrius, this isn't a bug, per se -- all crawl attacks only work traveling forwards. While I understand that an argument can be made that Samus's front and reverse crawls are very similar looking, we decided to just leave it a forwards for now based upon the currently established Crawl Tilt precedent.

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Hi Terradrius, this isn't a bug, per se -- all crawl attacks only work traveling forwards. While I understand that an argument can be made that Samus's front and reverse crawls are very similar looking, we decided to just leave it a forwards for now based upon the currently established Crawl Tilt precedent.
Just as some feedback, if this does stay, maybe there could be some kind of visual cue for which way samus is actually facing when she crawls? It'd definitely make this feel less odd.

Top Bottom