• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I need some extreme help with samus I can nair through missles and energy balls and pound threw them 100% of the time. I need some advance strategies on how to take down this titan. Anything in this match up will help but i can put damage on samus this is not the problem. Can you combo? ?How do you kill? What do you use to kill and combo? what are the best and safest ways to rack up % on samus.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
The safest ways for me to combo and deal with this metal menace is avoiding the Nair first off and the Missles second. I prefer to Power shield and reflect them but I think the the Nair works fine, Nair>Pound>Nair or Bair usually lets you past a missle and a blast.

Safest way to rack up damage? I say Pounding and WoP. But if you can Grabs into a Dthrow and Bthrow or which ever is toward the edge is fine. I find that Fsmash is unexpected when they are getting to the ground if you are ever there. It out prioritizes Samus's Dair and Nair.

As far as killing Samus can stay close to you for the most part @like 50% with Fair and Bair. once its over like 70% start moving them to the edge. I find its easy because just getting hit by the bombs can ruin the chance of Samus recoverying. Also Stages Stages. FD even on my part, and I do love playing there, is a big no. Mute City and Battle Field are good choices along with Kirby's place.

So basically to sum, WoP and Pounding, Avoid Resting, Nairs and Pounds, Get in the way of bombs and WoP it off the stage.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
Work of combos, cause samus is really vulnerable to comboing. Just drive samus as far off the stage as you can, then edge gaurd. It takes a little getting used to, but if you can figure out when to hit and stuff you should be okay. Like hyde said just get in samus' way because one mistake and their is a good chance they are going to die. And if they do grab on don't give up. Wait for the samus to jump up from the grab on to the stage. then bair it up against the wall of the bottom of the stage (like on FD and dream land). Not 100% affective and kind of risky, but it can really **** up a samus player.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Samus is a tough cookie due to her Cc game. Wop will get her damage high then mindgame her into an f-smash should get her off well...if she does try to come back, it will be with bomb-jumping..and you can go out there and kill her easily due to all your jumps and pounds.

cmart

Smash Lord
Wait for the samus to jump up from the grab on to the stage. then bair it up against the wall of the bottom of the stage (like on FD and dream land). Not 100% affective and kind of risky, but it can really **** up a samus player.
That, and bairing and nairing samus' bombs so she can't bomb jump are how I kill sami. Also, if they get too high (like 130ish) and you just want them dead, knock\throw them off and uair kill them when they bomb jump.

edit: wow hyde already said the bomb ****. I need to learn to read. :)

Top Bottom