• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Video Thread

Tudor

Smash Journeyman

DYF

Smash Cadet
OMFG this is the sickest samus ever!

watch video 3 that was effing ownage!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i will update more later

Rohins new vids
and Kniht's vids
and more tudor

don't be hasty about the updating the first post
it'll all eventually get up there
plus smashboards isn't my job

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Not a single match against TL or MK ?? Are we planning on competing in any tournies with samus?!?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
ok.... it's getting really tedious to put all the videos up one by one so for Tudor's vids and a few others, i believe I am going to start just posting links to their playlists if possible and maybe eventually just the link to their channels with only links of noteworthy matches

but if people have objections, i'll continue to do what i've been doing

btw, i updated tudor's vids

you guys post videos faster than i can post =_=

Tenki

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5NL8Gr1Ig

I also think the Samus player was better than the ROB. But still the Samus player showed some very excellent techniques. Not enough to really prove anything conclusively but enough to offer a glimmer of hope at least. By the way... when you saw that Samus did anyone else think that she's playing exactly as if it were a metroid game?

As for Zelda I don't think she needs an air game that much. She's at her best when defending against approaches so she doesn't really need to go airbrne that often. Her aerials are best used sparingly as surprise attacks. Her aerials should usually be fresh and can be great for surprise kills.
Taken from the Brawl Tier Discussion thread.

lol

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I highly suggest creating some sort of "best of" or "hall of fame" for the videos here. Its a very efficient way to show off the character to those who are curious as to how good the character is, among many other advantages. It will definitely be well worth the minimal amount of time it takes in the end.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Whoa that is definitely faster and would be useful if it didn't depend on other situations (such as having another ZSS around)

I can always get this fast transformation to work if you play team battle and have a ZSS on your team (so, the model and textures don't need to be loaded since they're already used)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Whoa that is definitely faster and would be useful if it didn't depend on other situations (such as having another ZSS around)

I can always get this fast transformation to work if you play team battle and have a ZSS on your team (so, the model and textures don't need to be loaded since they're already used)
As noted, I can manage to get Samus to kneel down quicker than normal sometimes, but never able to get the transformation frames to pass through easily like that. Even the speed at 1.5 isn't that fast. I've tried it with Zero Suit Samus around in Training Mode, but there was no difference in that. Sorry for the not so great quality. It's the only thing I have right now.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
@ SarahHarp- Welcome to smashboards, and you're extra kewl since your first post was in the Samus boards.

@Dryn- That was pretty sweet. If you've determined that having another Zamus in the match doesn't make a difference, it might need to be on the same team as Sarah suggested, since the color scheme may also be a factor. Also I noticed a smashball spawn right after your trans. Maybe trans has a higher priority in a queue and the smashball was already set to spawn at that time, so therefore it ended your trans before the spawn of the smashball.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
@ SarahHarp- Welcome to smashboards, and you're extra kewl since your first post was in the Samus boards.

@Dryn- That was pretty sweet. If you've determined that having another Zamus in the match doesn't make a difference, it might need to be on the same team as Sarah suggested, since the color scheme may also be a factor. Also I noticed a smashball spawn right after your trans. Maybe trans has a higher priority in a queue and the smashball was already set to spawn at that time, so therefore it ended your trans before the spawn of the smashball.
I think Sarah is right. I just did it again. I went to Brawl, set it up in Team Battle, and I chose Samus. My teammate was Zero Suit Samus. I decided to transform, and the frames canceled out. This is an awesome discovery, and I am the one who found it! I am very much delighted! Let's see if I can duplicate it again. I'm going to save this on replay and ask my brother to load it up again so that I can send the video of this at YouTube for all to see. Perhaps Samus/Zero Suit Samus team battles will ensue. :chuckle:

Edit: I gave credit to you guys as well. If it hadn't been for you two, I probably would have still wondered how it worked. I'm glad lag has nothing to do with it.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess Sarah deserves more credit since she mentioned the team part.

But hey try this out w/ Samus + Zamus team. Get a smash ball with Zamus and see how long it takes for here to trans. Hehe I think we just destroyed with anyone team brawl, or team brawls with smash balls on, muahahahaha.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well I guess Sarah deserves more credit since she mentioned the team part.

But hey try this out w/ Samus + Zamus team. Get a smash ball with Zamus and see how long it takes for here to trans. Hehe I think we just destroyed with anyone team brawl, or team brawls with smash balls on, muahahahaha.
I give equal credit, because you encouraged me in the other thread to not give up on this. It could have been a one time thing, and I could have said, "Yeah, it must've been the lag," and left it at that. But I didn't stop thinking about how this occurred. Now that we have a new discovery in our hands, this just makes Samus even better. This poses another question, though. Does Zelda/Sheik act the same way? Hm.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
I give equal credit, because you encouraged me in the other thread to not give up on this. It could have been a one time thing, and I could have said, "Yeah, it must've been the lag," and left it at that. But I didn't stop thinking about how this occurred. Now that we have a new discovery in our hands, this just makes Samus even better. This poses another question, though. Does Zelda/Sheik act the same way? Hm.
Don't forget Pokemon Trainer. Man this totally changes doubles. Watch now a bunch of people using Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Sheik, and PT/PT in doubles.

Edit: Well maybe not totally changing, but definitely something new, and it seems like it would help PT/PT quite a bit.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
The reason why having the same colour scheme is needed and not just another ZSS of any other colour around, is because each colour scheme stores it's own model and textures , so you'd be loading the same amount of data despite the "same" model being displayed, rather than just having a texture swap.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i dunno when i will update this guys
sorry
i've moved to allisbrawl pretty much and i rarely check here unless it's for regional stuff

i'll update as much as i can this weekend (so i guess saying i don't know when i'll update was a lie -_-)

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/sirisknite

New vids comming some time in July, maybe August, hoepfully. I have like 40 vids, including ones already up w/ n00b. So I'm not sure how long it'll take to get them all up.

@Jmex nice vids, both matches really close. Not sure if i can give you any pointers since your Samus is far better than mine.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Thanks alot VirisKnite. I would like it if more people actually looked in this thread more and commented on more vids but it seems this particular thread dosent get looked at much.

Oh and BTW nice matches, although i would like to see more opponents than just the same Samus. :)

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, you wouldn't happen to have any tips for me would you? Maybe after I get some more vids up? Oh yeah, out of the 40 matches, a few of I use lucario (he's my second main), I maybe win 2 or 3. I won one with lucario, and 2 with samus. But those 2 with samus were against a lucas, and I play a lucas in RL, although mostly FFA, so that may be why I won, also lucas most likely wasn't that person's main.

But yeah, we have a few stickied threads that need updating and since that doesn't happen much those threads kind of died. I only posted my link here since dew rag said he's going to update this weekend.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Yea once you get more vids up then ill comment, but from what i saw, it seems to be developing well. You should play on all is brawl so you can get some practice with other people. Online isent the best way to get better but if your like me and dont have many people to play against its the next best thing.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know. I've used the friend finder here a bit, found some cool people. How is the friend system over at all is brawl?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Personally All is brawl is better for everything. Especially at match making and finding new people, and tourneys in the area. I personally just use this site for new discoveries and as i did posting matches, since in my opinion all is brawl's forums aren't that great or active as smash boards.

Top Bottom