• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' super wave dash!

The Darkness

Smash Cadet
i been experimenting with this and i find it very useful as a defenseive move, making a roll right out the bomb, you can cover almost half of FD facing back, so you can start spaming zair or missiles or whatever.

So far is the best use i can give to it, of course there is room for other options with this, but so far, for retreating is what it seems better to me.

i would be experimenting more, hope something more comes out... =)

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
if im not mistaken there was a AT thread talking about ways to auto land and he used samas and she landed on the ground faster with her down B. so i donno maybe that might also increase the speed of this tech

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
i been experimenting with this and i find it very useful as a defenseive move, making a roll right out the bomb, you can cover almost half of FD facing back, so you can start spaming zair or missiles or whatever.

So far is the best use i can give to it, of course there is room for other options with this, but so far, for retreating is what it seems better to me.QUOTE]

Much too slow.

how good is samus' dash cancelled usmash? (dash + down c stick to up and z)
Samus' usmash still sucks. It can kill now, but regardless, it's near impossible to land.

if im not mistaken there was a AT thread talking about ways to auto land and he used samas and she landed on the ground faster with her down B. so i donno maybe that might also increase the speed of this tech
Do you mean the platform waveland by candy and gonzo? That's when you hold down and shield when jumping through a moving platform. It causes you to automatically land on the platform with no lag. If anything, bombs slow your decent, which brings up my previous question.

Which would cause you to land sooner? Dropping a bomb on the ground or jumping and immediately dropping a bomb to negate the 'hop' you get from laying a bomb on the ground.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
i know what vid your talking about. its the one where they are using wOlf and rob but it was a different vid i saw that involved the person to down b with gannon but very close to the ground and very swift too, he used a couple of different characters and it was on shadow moses island. but as of now i can't find the vid.. =/

CasMat

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you guys are still trying to figure this out, but all you have to do to dash out of ball form is to crouch first. Anything that you can do out of a crouch you can do out of ball form that means:

Dash
Shield
Roll
UpB
DownB
FSmash tilted down
Ftilt tilted down
Dtilt
DSmash

I think that's it.

And of course spot dodge.

As well, anything that you can do out of a dash you can do, but it won't come out immediately like a down tilt or down smash will...

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Wow thats a pretty good find. That combined with zairs gives me hope that Samus still has some more tricks up her sleeve for the emerging metagame.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I've been using this lately to set up grabs. Say you can call when someone is going to shield and stay in it (or spot dodge). I just run on top of them and bomb->cancel. From here there are several options based on the opponent's reaction. If they stay in their shield you have a free grab (bomb->cancel->pivot grab). They might hit out of shield, but they're allowing themself to be hit by the bomb as well.

Of course, like most things, this shouldn't be spammed. You wouldn't want to be too readable and a smart person will just grab or hit you while you are running towards them if you repeat this. It's just a nice tool to add some variety to your game.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I don't know if you guys are still trying to figure this out, but all you have to do to dash out of ball form is to crouch first. Anything that you can do out of a crouch you can do out of ball form that means:

Dash
Shield
Roll
UpB
DownB
FSmash tilted down
Ftilt tilted down
Dtilt
DSmash
I posted these in Tudor's "Bomb Tricks" thread with some setups/applications and buffer inputs.. So be sure to check that out too :]
I think with using bombs for proper control Samus can almost be the Spacing Animal that she was in melee..

Top Bottom