• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus L canceling

Litt

Samus
Does this even need to be done for samus's aerial attacks? From my experience, I have not needed to L cancel while playing with samus, but would certainly like to hear some benefits of using it. :samus2:

Violence

Smash Lord
If you watch Darrell's videos, you can't do 90% of his combos/tech chases without l-canceling.

If you watch Duck's videos, you can't fair->dsmash from the ledge as quickly and smoothly like he does, you'll end up letting your opponent shield your dsmash, which is terrible.

Just watch any high level videos, L-canceling dramatically increases the range of options you have.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Are you perhaps referring to auto-cancels?

In particular, immediate aerial out of a short hop, then no fast fall? Cuz I don't think you need to L-Cancel that. But for the rest, like if you were to shffl (fast fall) the aerial, I'd imagine that you'd need it. Or say, if you ledgehop aerial. Would need L-Cancel.

Pi

Smash Hero
aniki
why do i remember that name
pretty sure i could still beat the people who i beat w/o l canceling
and would lose more frequently to those who i go back and forth against

if you wanna be the best, learn l canceling
if not, do whatever, you can call yourself 'the best samus who doesn't l cancel' and get a shirt and tattoo or w/e

Litt

Samus
HAHAHAHAH ^ Pi that is quote worthy, I have come to realize the usefulness of L-canceling for samus, it was just at first L-Canceling was strange for a floaty character and I was subconsciously doing the attacks early enough so they would finish by the time I hit the ground for the majority of the time, through L canceling I am not able to attack faster and lower to the ground and it has helped my game out a lot. No tattoo for best L canceling player for me :p

Top Bottom