• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus IASA Project

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I've been working on a video showing Samus' IASA frames. Here is some data that I collected so far:
Code:
Jab1      - 19
Jab2      - 45 (including frames for jab1)
Ftilt     - 35
Dtilt     - 41
Utilt     - 42
Fsmash    - 50
Dsmash    - 54
Usmash    - 58
This number represents the first frame the shield will show up if you hold shield input during the animation of the move. This is assuming that frame 1 is the first frame you see when you press an input. You can subtract 1 from these values if you want to refer to that frame as frame 0.

I will update the video and the data as I do more work on this. Next update will likely be Jan 24th or Feb 1st.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Really, really nice. Thanks so much.

Are you sure she's slower than the average character? I'm not so sure, seems about average. And yes, f-tilt is my bread and butter attack for good reason.
What is the shield lag when not perfect shielded? It's the time difference between impact and the opponent being able to do something out of shield that is most relevant. At mid-distance I feel I can f-tilt at will, with no punish possible short of a perfect shield, it would be good to know if this is in fact true. :p

Also, if you could please confirm: there are clearly IASA frames on shield dodge - can Samus actually remain completely invincible in the air with properly timed dodges? I'm still not sure if there is a small window or not.

Last edited:

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Thanks for the feedback guys. Do you think I should speed up the frames? Right now I am doing 1 second per frame, probably a bit excessive.

I can also correlate the hitbox frame data we have from Dantarion info. I think showing the active frames in the video would be nice to give some relevance to those numbers. Unfortunate we don't know about the hitbox sizes. That will come in time I'm sure.

Top Bottom