• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

Xelyst

-_-
Wow, it will be very interesting to see what happens. Some of the changes seem big to me but w/e.

zokie

Smash Rookie
Dear SamuraiPanda , the official site is updated , some translations please, thanks :laugh:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/main.html

『大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ』シリーズのディレクター、
ソラの桜井政博です。ちょっとごぶさたしておりました。

Wii(ウィー)は12月2日(土)発売です!

それに先だち、『Nintendo World 2006 Wii体験会』が開催。
入場無料。

11月3日(金、祝) :名古屋
ポートメッセなごや

11月12日(日) :大阪
インテックス大阪

11月25日(土)、26日(日) :東京
幕張メッセ

Wiiとは何なのか!? とにかく体験しなければわかりません。
ニンテンドーDSのソフトもいっぱいあると思われますので、
ぜひお越しを。

さて、『スマブラX』なのですが……。
残念ながら試遊台はありません。

が、ゲーム画面を編集して、新作映像を作りました。
たぶん、会場のどこかで流れていることと思います。

新キャラたちがゲーム画面上で動いているのは、世界初公開!
機会があるかたは、お見逃しなく

usea

Smash Ace
****, zokie beat me to it :p

I believe it says they're showing the new characters in real game footage for the first time?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, that's what the Wiire had to say about it.

According to the official Japanese Super Smash Bros. Web site, Nintendo is planning to present new footage of Super Smash Bros. Brawl at Nintendo World 2006.

Roughly translated, the site update mentions that Nintendo World 2006 will be the first time people will be able to see the new characters moving in real game footage - those new characters presumably being Meta Knight, Wario, Pit, Zero Suit Samus and Solid Snake.

Nintendo World 2006 takes place in Japan at three locations on four separate dates: Nagoya on November 3; Osaka on November 12; and Makuhari Messe - home of the Tokyo Game Show - on November 25 and 26. Brawl is not expected to be playable.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, first announced at E3 2005, was shown in trailer form at E3 2006 alongside notice of a delay until 2007, missing its initial release date of Wii's launch. The game's director, Masahiro Sakurai, and Game Designer Shigeru Miyamoto have both expressed interest in adding other third-party characters, such as Sonic the Hedgehog, to Brawl's roster. The title is expected to employ the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for online fights, but will not utilize the Wii Remote's motion-sensing functionality.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I hope you guys don't mind me not feeling like providing the full translations, but yes there will be a new trailer (although I'm not positive its a trailer or just a compliation of new pictures)

Although it does say that new characters (yes it was pluralized) will be revealed for the first time in the world.

I guess I should add that to the front post, eh?

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Dear sakurai(once again 2 in a row, becuase nobody else posted anything to you in between the date of the messages):

I viewed the new awsome trailer.I am glad to see that mario kart ds' popularity gave it the figure 8 course and that you put in a yoshi's island stage becuase to get some profit for yoshi's island 2.I personally LOVE yoshi games and think those 2 stages are a GREAT addition.Anyways, keep up the good trailers.I nearly had a party from how surprised and happy I was to see gameplay and new stages.

Wario, It was both funny and a good idea to make wario move like game and watch, especielly becuase he is a joke charactor!Although his old costume can also be good!
Either way, GOOD WORK

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Dear SamuraiPanda , the official site is updated , some translations please, thanks :laugh:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/main.html
heh heh heh,sorry fo double psot.This is my translation

The director of the large scuffle スマッシュブラザーズ ' series, it is governmental Hiroshi ャ 奄 フ Sakurai. just a little the ぶ, it is we had done. Wii (ウィー) December 2nd (the Saturday) it is sale! It precedes that, ' Nintendo World 2006 Wii experience meeting ' holds. Admission no charge. November 3rd (gold and celebration): Nagoya ポートメッセ and November 12th (day): Osaka in tex Osaka November 25th (Saturday), 26 days (day): Tokyo Makuhari メッセ Wii being what? ? If you do not experience in any case, it is not understood. Because it is thought, that all the way there is also ャ t ト of ニンテンドー DS, by all means crossing over. Well, ' スマブラ X ' being to be, it does, but....... Regrettable there is no test playing stand. Compiling the game picture, new work image was made. You think that which perhaps, is flowing somewhere of the meeting places. As for new キャラ moving on the game picture, worldwide first release! The one which is the opportunity, not to overlook.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Oh in the game are we going to be able to customize our charcters? Like change colors , symbols, cloths and stuff. Like say we would want a dark red sheild. Or Blue lasers. Stuff like that.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
If Marth stays in then Roy has to stay in, Roy is the main character of the series, not Marth...

GenG

Smash Lord
If Marth stays in then Roy has to stay in, Roy is the main character of the series, not Marth...
There is no "main character" in Fire Emblem since each game features a whole different cast of characters, even the main one. There are 10 to 11 Fire Emblem games now, and Marth starres two of them while Roy just one.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
GenG, wasn't Roy star of 2? Even if if he had just one, there's still FE7 which was his world, so that would be at the minimum of 2 to his universe and 2 to marth's universe.

About adding an FEWii character for advertisement....the game would have to come out after Brawl to be an ad, like roy was.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera wants:
Falco back
Marth back
Zelda back

Tera does not care if:
Roy returns
Y. Link returns
Peach returns

It certainly gives people a reason to keep Smash Bros. Melee...

Go Doc!

~Tera253~

SmashZ

Smash Cadet
GenG, wasn't Roy star of 2? Even if if he had just one, there's still FE7 which was his world, so that would be at the minimum of 2 to his universe and 2 to marth's universe.
Eh... Marth stars in the first FE and in the third one. However, the second one also happens in the same world as his own game, though in a different continent, but a few characters return, and are even playable again. Roy only stars in FE6...

Marth = First main character + Only character to star in two FEs + Character whose world has been featured in the biggest amount of games > Roy = Shameless clone (not only in SSBM, he has the same starting equipment as Marth's, same class, more than half of his party is a rip off of Marth's party and the ultimate weapons of both characters are swords which can heal their users and were built to fight against dragons during an ancient conflict) + only stared in one FE.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Put in:
Diddy (D.K series)
Dixie (D.K series)
Poo (Earth Bound/Ness's series)
Paula (Earth Bound/Ness's series)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series/Captain Falcon's Series)
Black Bull (F-Zero series/Captain Falcon's Series)
Krystal (Star Fox series)
Wolf (Star Foxseries)

Joner

Smash Cadet
It's kind of a rule of thumb for a fighter game to have MORE characters with each new edition. There is often a handful that gets the boot, for every departure, there's something like two or so to take their place. At any rate, a SSB game with LESS feels kind of out of place, wouldn't you say?
Street Fighter 3 has so many less fighers than SFA 3, the game before it, and Street Fighter 3 is way more balanced and enjoyable.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Nooo! Don't take out Young Link! He's my life!!! AAAAHHHH!!!! >_<

Keep him and change his moves, just DON'T TAKE MY YOUNG LINK AWAY!

Pichu can go though. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There hasn't been a update (or either site by the looks of it) for a while Sakurai must be busy with Brawl while keeping certain additions hushed.

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
Young Link will most likely be replaced by Cel-Link, I think. Just like Doc I think both of them will actually be axed, Dr. Mario could still be a costume of Mario.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i dont think there's going to be a cel-shaded link in brawl at all, everyone that says there is going to be is crazy...i mean seriously how weird would that look, to see two characters with completely different graphic styles fighting each other...game and watch was pushing it, i know the first time i saw him i was like wtf, and im pretty sure he's not going into the next game...if im wrong, and wind waker link IS playable in brawl, ill give everyone that said he was going to be there that comes to my house a dollar.

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
i dont think there's going to be a cel-shaded link in brawl at all, everyone that says there is going to be is crazy...i mean seriously how weird would that look, to see two characters with completely different graphic styles fighting each other...game and watch was pushing it, i know the first time i saw him i was like wtf, and im pretty sure he's not going into the next game...if im wrong, and wind waker link IS playable in brawl, ill give everyone that said he was going to be there that comes to my house a dollar.
My perfect Zelda roster for Brawl would be:

Link
Ganondorf (with sword)
Zelda (with sword and magic)
Midna

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, they could:

1. Just put in WW Link toon shaded or perhaps put his figurine model which isn't cel-shaded.

2. Redesign WW Link in a TP-like style with the same amount of detail.

3. Just make all of SSBB toon shaded.

I'd go for 2 or 3.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Um, SamuraiPanda, can you confirm a claim I saw on the GameFAQs boards please?...

In new Famitsu released today Nomura was talking of how the way Cloud fought in FFVII: AC and the way Sora fought in KHII would not look wierd in SSBM because of the outlandish moves in those games.

When asked about them being in Brawl he said with a smirk (translated from Japanese) "That would be cool wouldn't it?"

Dear God if this is true...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, that thread on GameFaqs hasn't shown a scan and that info hasn't popped up on the NeoGAF thread or on any KHII site yet. So I dunno...Cloud's kinda cool and Sora's awesome so I wouldn't mind...too much.

*waits in fear for the impending swarm of topics on this rumor*

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I highly doubt that's true. The last thing said about Brawl was when a headwig for Sonic was being interviewed and asked about Sonic in Brawl, he said he was for the idea. That's it, chi.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As I live in Michigan, I don't quite have access to Famitsu magazine. But, if scans were provided I would be able to help.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I don't think that the game is too quick (maybe because i have PAL version), but slower character are incredibly predictable in PAL than in NTSC (like yoshi tongue D:)

I think the game has to be a bit more quickly than PAL version, if not, it's imposibly to have balance :(

Also,

"This time, we'd like to stress easiness over the small details of combat, so overall it might become somewhat easier."

that sounds TOO bad. It's like the advanced tech are going to be more simple, and the combat aren't going to ahve some especial combos, rare hitboxes and that sorta stuff :(

Edit: I friend tell me that Sakurai is going to reveal a character per week before Brawl is unleashed. If this is true, that can significate that the game is long away of being released, because there is (at least) 30 characters... and if in that way, he reveals 4 characters per month... they are aprox. 7 month... TOO LATE x_x

Correct me if i'm wrong (I pray for this)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Edit: I friend tell me that Sakurai is going to reveal a character per week before Brawl is unleashed. If this is true, that can significate that the game is long away of being released, because there is (at least) 30 characters... and if in that way, he reveals 4 characters per month... they are aprox. 7 month... TOO LATE x_x

Correct me if i'm wrong (I pray for this)
He won't show all of the chars. guaranteed! I wasn't really around before Melee was launched, but I would guess that he only showed the 14(?) starting characters, not the secret characters. Keeping roughly the same amount of people, at one a week, that'd be about 4 months (rounded up because there most likely will be more starter-offers in Brawl):)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I don't think that the game is too quick (maybe because i have PAL version), but slower character are incredibly predictable in PAL than in NTSC (like yoshi tongue D:)

I think the game has to be a bit more quickly than PAL version, if not, it's imposibly to have balance :(
What are you on about my friend?
I live in Australia and so have the PAL version as standard. All the same though, I own the NTSC version also, and have played with it often. Not only have I played alone and with friends and players here, but on NTSC TVs overseas in Japan and US. Let me tell you the differences are very minor, and almost all of the differences there are have no impact on the speed of the game. In actuality the only differences would come from either conversion framerate differences which dont change the speed of the game, just the smoothness. This can be changed though as PAL has the 50 and 60 Hz options. Otherwise the NTSC version seems to slow down more than the PAL on demanding stages.

Top Bottom