• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread UPDATED: 11/1

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
Bomberman is dead. After his Nintendo 64 games, his games have sucked terribly. Ever play Bomberman Jetters?(sorry for bringing bad memories for those who have)

Sonic > Bomberman as a franchise character. Actually, Sonic > Bomberman as a character. But of course Pac-man > *.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I doubt bowser will be leaving plus, why would you want him too? there aren't enough villains, he's very popular and he's already an original character, I doubt and hope they don't because he's a cool character too.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
so it might not be true? :( I don't live in america but that means I might not even be able to get the info off the internet, hoefully they'll anounce more next week

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Someone said that the July's Nintendo Power would reveal new characters. However, the only place that information has appeared is on Wikipedia, so it's likely that someone just made it up. There is a Brawl story in the Nintendo power , as the cover says "Wii got Smash Bros.! (First Look)" but that's it. That's not a promise to reveal any characters, and in fact, I wouldn't expect it.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
You'd think that Wikipedia would say something about Famitsu too... I don't think it's possible that we get the scoop before Japan does.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You miss the point. A wiki site can be edited by ANYBODY. The Wikipedia staff doesn't write anything themselves, users write everything. So some random fan just decided to edit the Brawl page with the false info. that some new characters would be revealed.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Im well aware about there proabably will not be any new characters announced...ACTUALLY I KNOW there wont be any new characters announced.....Im just curious as to what was in the article. :) We can expect info around June 5th? Am I correct with that assumption?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Why the 5th? If your talking about NP, someone on Wiki has the issue and says there isn't anything on new characters in the wimpy one paragraph they have for the game or in the preview for the next issue. We should expect news Wednesday night when they update the Smash Dojo for the weekly Thursday update.

FroZombie

Smash Rookie
I'm glad some are gonna be replaced because some characters are more flawed than other, and its better to trim the herd, keep the best of them and try other things. Judging by the new sword characters (Samus - Pit - MetaKnight) it seems that the designers realized that a lot of people like the sword characters.

I figure Pichu, Y. Link, Doc are a pretty fair bet. I hope they don't take Ness out, but they might - he needs work. Mewtwo... I think he represents the Pokemon very well, and would be foolish to remove him. I hate pokemon, don't get me wrong though, I respect it as a Nintendo franchise since they are built of such trading card games. Pikachu I don't mind, Jiggly needs an overhaul or to be kicked out (she's just not as intense as she could be), and MewTwo seems like a good character just needs some reworking. There are also many pokemon that I feel that would better represent the pokemon franchise - Jigglys funny, but not as a whole character.

Definitely more fire emblem is in order, and if they take out marth, I'm gonna get teary. He's just so cool.... Roy needs an overhaul to make him less gimped in a Roy Vs. Marth... Ike would be cool as well...

Another person who I think we should be worried about, Ness + Ice Climbers.... at least in the sense that I feel they need to be overhauled. I feel Ness needs a new upB badly, and maybe his time is over in the smash universe.... Ice Climbers could still be cool, but they also seem kinda flaky sometimes.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Has anyone here ever had a reverse-brain-fart? Well, yesterday, some random punk online at Gaia posted that he thinks people like Elco (Sudeki), Carth Onasi (KotOR), and Kratos (GoW) should be added and that characters like Sonic would ruin the game because Sonic didn't belong and...(for some unknown reason)...I blew up on him. Here's what I wrote (quoted word for word):

Rezz Enthel at Gaia said:
Mario vs Sonic in a fighting game is what people have wanted to see for years now. Nintendo knows this and is working out some agrements with SEGA to have Sonic appear in Brawl. Even if they haven't announced it yet, there's no way around it; Sonic WILL be in Brawl.SEGA needs the publicity and they know that Smash is one of the most successful Nintendo games in existance. Konami BEGGED Nintendo to put Snake in Melee (but the game was too far into production); that's how popular the game is. SEGA (and Nintendo) finally have a chance to put the two in a game together (a fighting game, none-the-less)) and you think they're going to pass it up? Wrong... Nintendo has made some bad choices, I won't deny that. But the one thing Nintendo has always done is listen to their fans. If they want Mario vs Sonic...then, by George, they're going to get Mario vs Sonic. The same can be said about Mario vs MegaMan and Sonic vs MegaMan

Sonic will be in Brawl...hands down. Sakurai even stated himself (and I quote his response when asked about more 3rd-party characters) "...at most we'll add another 1-2 characters..." That quote is excluding Snake as he has already been confirmed. Now tell me something... Can you name any other third-party characters (Master Chief and Kratos are gone as they are first party characters for Microsoft and Sony) that have appeared on a Nintendo console (that rules out Jak/Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Spyro), stared in their own game/series (Sorry Tails), are just as popular as Mario (Oops, there goes Crash Bandicoot), and feature variable moves to be able to compete in the Smash universe (so much for Leon Kennedy)? If you can, then please share as the only ones that even have a chance of making it in the game are the ones that meet ALL of those circumstances. The only ones that come to MOST people's minds (including mine) are Conker, Banjo/Kazooie, Sonic, and Megaman.

Conker and Banjo/Kazooie would each be EXCELLENT additions to the game, but they are owned by Rare who, in turn, is owned by Microsoft so that eliminates them almost instantly as Microsoft wants to see Nintendo fail. Sonic and Megaman are garuneteed slots as they have just as much history in gaming as Mario, Link, and Fox and are really the BEST choices for those last slots.[/rant]

All the blood has rushed to my head from typing all that and I have SUCH a headache now...OW! I hope you're happy!
I still don't know why I blew up on him. ;) This is one of the best moments from my existence on that site...

Also, in an unrelated matter. YAY!!!!!! 100 posts! No more n00b rating for me!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
nomis said:
What the hell are you doing at Gaia online?! For shame!!!

I hope new characters are revealed this thursday.
I have a lot of time on my hands... I just happened to stumble on it. They have a fairly decent sized gamer community (though, admittedly, completely stupid)...so I stuck around. The site can get pretty chaotic around certain events of the year...*coughE3cough*

krynn

Smash Cadet
i think jigglypuff is a valid character. not all characters should be so badass. its just fun to beat ppl with someone as crazy as jiggly.

since ther eis only one more character spot left, i am pretty sure that they will just add solid sname to their profile stuff and thats it for this thursday. i would love to see another new character coming, but i really doubt it. i mean the game isnt coming out until next year. so i expect they will want to leave a lot of stuff as suprises too.

but yes, i would love to learn about another new character, so my fingers are crossed!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
krynn said:
i think jigglypuff is a valid character. not all characters should be so badass.
FIXED said:
i think jigglypuff blah blah. not all characters should be so badass. except for Bad Dudes, of course.
Ahem
Ferro De Lupe said:
I have a lot of time on my hands... I just happened to stumble on it. They have a fairly decent sized gamer community (though, admittedly, completely stupid)...so I stuck around. The site can get pretty chaotic around certain events of the year...*coughE3cough*
I forgive you.
krynn said:
since ther eis only one more character spot left, i am pretty sure that they will just add solid sname to their profile stuff and thats it for this thursday. i would love to see another new character coming, but i really doubt it. i mean the game isnt coming out until next year. so i expect they will want to leave a lot of stuff as suprises too.
There's more than one slot left.
SSJ4Kazuki said:
This thursday? Where did that come from??
Someone pointed out that in two Thursdays in a row, SSB news has been updated.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Thing is there are plenty of free internet sites where you can have mario vs sonic matches, or whatever, him being in brawl is hardly gonna change that much, just because one person wins as sonic, doesn't mean OMG SONIC IS BETTER THAN MARIO. Plus it's highly likely that they would end up on different tiers (not that I pay much attention to them). Personally I think they should keep all this rivalry crap OUT of a nintendo fighter, plus if they DO add him which I hope they don't, people are gonna have to spend AGES longer balancing him an mario than any other of the characters otherwise people will ignore the fact that their wish has been granted and complain that it's unbalanced. Anyway who wants to see sonic win in a tournament for a nintendo fighter all star fighter? I'll probably end up banning him from use in my house :D unless it's like a 3 v1 or whatever so we can watch the smug idiot get pummelled

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Mario VS. Sonic would end up being me vs my cousin.

Then we'd switch, and come to a decision which we like better,
Then it'd stay like that.

I'd be happy if Mario and Sonic were in a game together.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
yes but i'd rater if it wasn't this one, I don't want this game to turn from an awesome nintendo allstar fighter to a multi market MARIO VS SONIC OMGZZ game. I'd be perfectly happy if in some OTHER game they made it so that you could have he mascots of a groupof different fighters duke it out, that would be fine with me, just not in this game.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
all i know is that there are gonna be people out there that are gonna be mad when there character gets booted from the game. its inevitable...but hopefully the new characters really make up for that....what really worries me is the moderate change to the speed of the game....."too fast".....yeah right...i love the speed the way it is...i would hate to see it slow down...i like fast action packed speed so to make it slower would relly hurt the game IMO.... and i really hope that all the technical moves like wavedashing, l-cancelling, shuffling, and junk like that stays because a lot of peoples games revolve around those moves.

-hiroshi

Conker1

Smash Ace
Well I don't give a rat's *** about Sonic or Megman. The only 3rd party character I'm hoping for now is Bomberman.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Inferno_blaze said:
Thing is there are plenty of free internet sites where you can have mario vs sonic matches, or whatever, him being in brawl is hardly gonna change that much, just because one person wins as sonic, doesn't mean OMG SONIC IS BETTER THAN MARIO. Plus it's highly likely that they would end up on different tiers (not that I pay much attention to them). Personally I think they should keep all this rivalry crap OUT of a nintendo fighter, plus if they DO add him which I hope they don't, people are gonna have to spend AGES longer balancing him an mario than any other of the characters otherwise people will ignore the fact that their wish has been granted and complain that it's unbalanced. Anyway who wants to see sonic win in a tournament for a nintendo fighter all star fighter? I'll probably end up banning him from use in my house :D unless it's like a 3 v1 or whatever so we can watch the smug idiot get pummelled
Even before I checked your profile, I knew you weren't old enough to remember anything in the early 90's.

Of course one will end up being better than the other. That's ENTIRELY not the point. The point is for the two to FINALLY appear in the game together.

But again, you have to be able to remember the Genesis days to really understand why.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Even before I checked your profile, I knew you weren't old enough to remember anything in the early 90's.

Of course one will end up being better than the other. That's ENTIRELY not the point. The point is for the two to FINALLY appear in the game together.

But again, you have to be able to remember the Genesis days to really understand why.
Kids these days don't remember the glory when video games were still a rising struggle.

Mario vs. Sonic has been in every man's dream if they owned a Nintendo or Sega system. The thought of a princess-saving plumber duking it out with an overgrown, blue, animal-rights activist hedgehog still sends chills down my spine.

'Cept now Zamus is in my dreams. **** you video game culture of today!

homsar

Smash Ace
This sucks but my guess is that if there is to much hatred from the removal of characters then they will create an expansion for download. Kinda like Halo 2 had the map pack but it will have characters.

Unicyclist

Smash Cadet
Wow, that must have taken a while to translate. That really clears a lot of stuff up--Very interesting that the game will be slowed up a bit...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Someone said that the July's Nintendo Power would reveal new characters. However, the only place that information has appeared is on Wikipedia, so it's likely that someone just made it up. There is a Brawl story in the Nintendo power , as the cover says "Wii got Smash Bros.! (First Look)" but that's it. That's not a promise to reveal any characters, and in fact, I wouldn't expect it.
I have the new issue of Nintendo Power beside me right now. Absolutely no new information on SSBB. It says the following:

"In a surprise appearance at Nintendo's E3 developers' roundtable May 10th, Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai unveiled footage from the series' first Wii title to the stunned crowd. The short but supersweet taste of Super Smah Bros. Brawl footage revealed a battery of batterers, sme of whom are making their Smash series debut. In the long-time-coming category, Pit from Kid Icarus brings flash and flight to the proceedings, Snake from Metal Gear fame seaks onto the scene, and Kirby's Meta Knight arrives in a really big ship. Returning fighters Samus Aran, as Zero Suit Samus, also makes an impression. Rounding out the roster of announced characters are Mario, Wario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby.... And is that a Nintendog? For a blow-by-blow game teaser visit the series website: www.smashbros.com"

There are then six screenshots that we already have. The interesting thing is, they put the magazine to print the day before E3. This means they got the see the trailer before E3. >=O!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Firestorm88 said:
The interesting thing is, they put the magazine to print the day before E3. This means they got the see the trailer before E3. >=O!
I'm sure Nintendo sees all of their game trailers before they show them to someone else.

Hmm...shouldn't the poll have been updated already or does Japan celebrate Memorial Day (that second part is rhetorical.) Not that they don't have better things to do with the game than update their site...but still...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Devastlian said:
I'm sure Nintendo sees all of their game trailers before they show them to someone else.

Hmm...shouldn't the poll have been updated already or does Japan celebrate Memorial Day (that second part is rhetorical.) Not that they don't have better things to do with the game than update their site...but still...
Ah, those Japanese and their Memorial Day.

Im sure there will be an update soon. You know, it is 1:50pm in Japan right now. Mabe the update will come later this morning/their afternoon?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
In Reply to McFox, What you have essentially done in arguement against my point is to say EXACTLY what I was arguing against, if sega and nintendo agreed to make a game where mario and sonic could duke it out (most likely on a 3d landscape) then I'd be perfectly happy for them to, my point is that it doesn't have to be this game, if sonic gets put into this game it will likely change from super smash brothers to the game where sonic fights mario BUY NOW! Forums will be flooded by "check out my sonic v mario vids lol" threads, please don't attempt to use my age against me, I can understand why you would want a game where sonic can fight mario but my point is that it has a high chance of just ruining this game making it no longer super smash bros. Sonic also if he was going to be 3d in a fighting game, the game should not be on a 2D (Can't remember the word) level sort of thing (you know, how smash is set out, 3D but on a 2D plane, yes that's the word!) It would be on a 3D plane because that's how his battle games have been and his 2D games have had very long courses due to tat fact that he is meant to run fast, if he was properly being put in he'd be faster than any other char and end up crossing a stage like final destination in less than a second. Please try reading my arguement before postin gone against me.

To those worried about the game pace, i didn't notice much of a change in the tempo from what I can see in the trailer, though they may change it afterwards. personally I agree with you, the tempo they have right now is fine, I doubt that they will remove l-cancelling and short hopping due to them intentionally being put in the game, however they may take away the ability to wavedash due to that only beingdiscovered by fans.

Can anyone translate that text? Google doesn't make any sense when i does :p

Top Bottom