• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sami, The M16 Wielding, Belly-Baring, Tanktop Wearing, Red-Headed Hot Chick for SSBB

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion

by popular demand, here's a pic of Sami.

She'd make a great character fro SSBB, dontcha think?

P.S. I think that flying fortress from Advance wars would make a
good stage. I have made a flash applet:

http://www.geocities.com/boomaloo1/SMASHBROSBRAWL.swf

Need flash 8. Go-get.

Anyway, this is basically (badly drawn-ish) the Black ark, piloted by LASH.
This drops bombs on the factory in the middle of the stage on the bottom screen.
Where the characters are fighting is the TOP SCREEN, and if you fall, you die.

Occasionally fighter planes could swoop down and cause damage to players,
and the turrets on the sides could edge guard.

Yes, I drew Marth. Wishful thinking I suppose. It's a rather bad drawing.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double-post, but HELLO?
does anyone care???

I've spent TIME and EFFORT drawing the Black Arc WITH THE MOUSE in FLASH
from advance wars DS,

so, qft, bump.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
If people don't react on your post, maybe they just don't like the idea and don't want waste time on posting? But since you seem to die because no one posts, I'll say what I think.

SSJ4Kazuki said:
does anyone care???
I don't. The image looks fine but I'll doubt if it will be a good idea. The plane thing looks to much like Arwing attacks and furthermore, the stage is not that special. Just 2 small platforms in the air and 1 huge platform at the bottom. There are way more of these levels.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Change your topic from "Super Black Fortress Thingy Should Be a Stage in SSBB" to "Sami, The M-16 Wielding, Belly-Baring, Tanktop Wearing, Red-Headed Hot Chick Should Be in SSBB" and every guy in a 300 mile radius will come running to post.

Seriously, Sami NEEDS to be in SSBB. I don't care what anyone else says. 1.5x capture rate? 120/100 infantry and mechs? Insta-capture with Victory March? Increased footsoldier movement with Double Time? All your base are belong to us? I'm sorry, screw Snake--Sami wins, hands down.

If not that, then at least SOMEONE from AW should be in SSBB. AW has been such a lucrative franchise with crazy characters; I don't see how Sakurai could ignore it.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only AW characters that need to be in SSBB are Andy and Hawke, or Andy and Sturm/Von Bolt, take your pick. The rest of the AW characters could be trophies.

I would like to see a different AW stage for SSBB if a AW character got in it, besides this Black Arc stage of yours.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Flok said:
The only AW characters that need to be in SSBB are Andy and Hawke, or Andy and Sturm/Von Bolt, take your pick. The rest of the AW characters could be trophies.

I would like to see a different AW stage for SSBB if a AW character got in it, besides this Black Arc stage of yours.
But... but WE NEED MORE FEMALES ARGH

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Who the crap is Sami? If you're going to present an idea, give us unenligtened folks something to go on.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Wars

Go here. Look at the Characters.

I think Andy has the biggest chance, if any AW character does, But I'd love it if Andy and Sami got in together.

Andy could use that Wrench he carries around as a weapon. He's also known for being a healing character, so he might set a precedent by being able to heal himself and his team mates(Maybe with his Super move).

Sami was known for having strong, fast-moving infantry, so that could translate to quick, weak movements. She's always portrayed with a very large gun, though, which might lower her chances (Sakurai doesn't like the idea of real-life guns in SSB)

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Err. . .SSJ4, you know that my suggestion to change the topic title was a joke, yes? :dizzy: I didn't think you'd take it seriously. . .

For those of you not in the know, Sami, Andy, Hawke etc. are all characters from a turn-based strategy game called Advance Wars (on GBA and DS). The premise involved you as a "war advisor" in a post WWII alternate universe comandeering different battle units (tanks, bombers, infantry, subs). Basically, what made the game so unique was the incredible balance and counter-balance between different types of units, and the different COs (Commanding Officers) that had inherent skills (Grit's ability to fire long-range artillery at a greater distance than anyone else) as well as super CO powers (Andy's ability to heal 50% of your maximum HP for every unit + an increase in movement and attack).

Sami is a more popular character in the Advance Wars franchise because she has the unique ability to "capture" properties faster than anyone else. Capturing cities increases your monetary funding, which ennables you to build more units. She also has increased firepower for her infantry and mech units, groundtroops which are the only units capable of capturing cities. That, combined with her ability to capture any property in one day (it usually takes 2 days to capture cities with a soldier at max HP) when her Super CO Power is activated, makes her incredibly popular.

Of course, the fact that she's hawt helps too. See:

*don't ask why I have pics of Sami in my photobucket acct, k?*

Unfortunately, I don't think Sakurai will ever acknowledge AW in SSBB. . .but if Sami gets in, I will be a happy, happy man.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
maelstrom218 said:
Err. . .SSJ4, you know that my suggestion to change the topic title was a joke, yes? :dizzy: I didn't think you'd take it seriously. . .
Ah haha!Yes, a joke...(shut up, it's good for the thread...)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Maelstrom218 said:
Err. . .SSJ4, you know that my suggestion to change the topic title was a joke, yes? I didn't think you'd take it seriously. . .
Well it has brought every guy within a 300 mile radius want to come running to post. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm assuming she'd move like a mix of Samus and Sheik.

Maybe slower, but the gun-bucks would HURT. They would be SMASH As.

Her Bs would involve firing it, and her upB could be a captain falcon type thing?

kaid

Smash Master
^B would be calling in a Transport chopper really, really fast.

Another idea I had for an AW character was Max... in a Neotank.

The neotank's legged wheels look like they could actually jump, kinda. So it's a huge, heavy, powerful TANK with Max sticking his head out and REALLY crappy recovery.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Sami's stats: Strength: 3 Speed: 4 Height: 4 Weight: 2-3 Overall: 4

btw I don't see them adding Max, he's not exactly the coolest or most original character. Plus, he resembles a gorilla so I really could see him being a DK clone lol..

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Sakurai said he didn't want weapons in the game, so I doubt he'll add someone driving in a tank. Maybe the tank could be an item that you drive in for a short time and have serious fire power.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshigio said:
Sakurai said he didn't want weapons in the game, so I doubt he'll add someone driving in a tank. Maybe the tank could be an item that you drive in for a short time and have serious fire power.
Even the crazy futuristic Neotank?

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
sami has small boobs, i wouldn't quite call her hot,
anyways she wouldn't really have many orginial moves since she is from a turnbased rts,

for example: her CO power (i only played the first one) made her infanrty have more damage and move farther. what is that gonna help. unless she was like peach and pressed like b down and pulled out a little 8 bit soldier and he walked around shooting horrizontly with low damage attacks.

come to think of it.. that would be kind of neat

EDIT: or right i forgot about the fast capturing of buildings, like what maelstrom said. but that wouldn't be great of a move either.

yet again though she doesn''t really have moves that are specifically for her so unless they added no others from AW at all i don't think it's likely

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
MARIOWNAGE said:
anyways she wouldn't really have many orginial moves since she is from a turnbased rts,

for example: her CO power (i only played the first one) made her infanrty have more damage and move farther. what is that gonna help. unless she was like peach and pressed like b down and pulled out a little 8 bit soldier and he walked around shooting horrizontly with low damage attacks.

EDIT: or right i forgot about the fast capturing of buildings, like what maelstrom said. but that wouldn't be great of a move either.

yet again though she doesn''t really have moves that are specifically for her so unless they added no others from AW at all i don't think it's likely
Remember the lessons that Fox has taught us. Moves CAN come out of thin air.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
MARIOWNAGE said:

Wow... that was a sexist remark...
And the fact she is from an RTS does not at all rule her out - Fox is from a Flight Sim/Shooter, C. Falcon is from a Racer. And even Fire Emblem was a Turn-Based Strategy/RPG hybrid ala Ogre Battle...

EDIT: And as mentioned before, her moves CAN be developed from the ground up like with Fox or C. Falcon.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
MARIOWNAGE said:
Sami looks a lot better in the more recent AW games.

Her specials could be throwing out tiny little infantry troops, lol.

As for Sakurai saying he didn't want to include guns, maybe he'll make an exception if Sami never fires the gun, but rather just whacks people with it instead. :laugh:

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
If you get to play with Sami, you will probably have the chance to change her colors to the clone type characters of AW: Dual Strike (Blue skin, white hair o_O).
BTW, a character with a rifle as her main weapon, but using it for whacking and not for shooting. That's just awesome.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Why are there blue skinned versions of everyone?

Is there some backstory to this? It makes no sense to me! O_o!
Its since the first AW. Black Hole created a clone of Andy and fooled Blue Moon so they would think Orange Star was attacking them. I havent played AW2 yet, so thats all I know.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Why are there blue skinned versions of everyone?

Is there some backstory to this? It makes no sense to me! O_o!
It has to do with the Black hole army, and clones. It's basically just an explaination to how one CO can fight himself.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Oh, ok thanks for the update. Having started at AWDS, it all
seemed weird to me. Anyway, Sami would get probably
6 of her 8 recolours as costumes in Brawl.

The clone one MUST represent blue team.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Tomasiarity said:
If you get to play with Sami, you will probably have the chance to change her colors to the clone type characters of AW: Dual Strike (Blue skin, white hair o_O).
BTW, a character with a rifle as her main weapon, but using it for whacking and not for shooting. That's just awesome.
Yea, I'd much rather see Sami at least whacking people with her gun than not using it at all. Maybe her gun could also be an item, like the ray gun or the silent scope. Except it would be faster than those, less damage, but more bullets.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Why would she kick with fire? She isn't some weird super-human kind of person like Captain Falcon.(Sure looks super-human, or maybe just abusing steroids but I still like him)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon has never been seen punching with fire.

It suits him. I say it suits Sami for her to KICK with fire.

You can't say anything unless you see it in action. fire.

Top Bottom