• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Same data, 2 different 3DS's?

NNID
browningit
3DS FC
4313-2000-6519
Hey all - I've got a question for you. I have more than one 3DS system. I want to play Smash on both - or at least transfer my smash data to the secondary 3DS for records etc. I do not want to do a full system transfer to the second 3DS however.

Is there a method to keep my records for Smash, online handles etc. the same between two different 3DS that I own? If not, is there a way to only transfer my Smash data to the other 3DS? (Goal is to keep all my game data on 3DS number 1, but play Smash on 3DS number 2 in the latter case)

Bonus - Steam game from my large library of games for a workable answer!

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hey all - I've got a question for you. I have more than one 3DS system. I want to play Smash on both - or at least transfer my smash data to the secondary 3DS for records etc. I do not want to do a full system transfer to the second 3DS however.

Is there a method to keep my records for Smash, online handles etc. the same between two different 3DS that I own? If not, is there a way to only transfer my Smash data to the other 3DS? (Goal is to keep all my game data on 3DS number 1, but play Smash on 3DS number 2 in the latter case)

Bonus - Steam game from my large library of games for a workable answer!

Thanks for the help!
The only way to do this without system transferring is to have a physical copy of the game. Even then, i'm not sure if online is tied to the 3ds or your NNID.

NNID
browningit
3DS FC
4313-2000-6519
The only way to do this without system transferring is to have a physical copy of the game. Even then, i'm not sure if online is tied to the 3ds or your NNID.
I do have a single physical copy. I'm hoping that the nnid will be my saving grace. Anyone else trying to do something similar? Any success stories?

NNID
browningit
3DS FC
4313-2000-6519
I ended up folding on the idea. I couldn't make it work for a number of reasons:

1) You can only have one Wii U and one 3DS tied to a single NNID (I can see why Nintendo would want to do this, but for people like me that don't break the licensing rules and buy multiple copies of games - or use Steam that supports licensing that allows me to be logged in multiple places at once without playing the same title etc. - it's very annoying).
2) System transfer is an all or nothing deal.
3) I don't know how it happened, but an old NNID I had that I accidentally registered to the USA caused me a lot of grief. I live in Canada, and it checks to match your regional IP on your ISP, and if they don't align you can't do anything. It bricks your 3DS. I had to do a direct VPN through my router to a USA IP just to delete the NNID account - permanently. You a never allowed to change the country for your NNID. Calling Nintendo support won't save you either.

Magically, most of my data between my two 3DS was synced. I truly can't explain that - I used two different NNID's. I don't really care to explain to myself how it happened but it did and I am pleased.

In the end I lost out on my online handle - but made something similar anyways.

Khao

Smash Lord
3) I don't know how it happened, but an old NNID I had that I accidentally registered to the USA caused me a lot of grief. I live in Canada, and it checks to match your regional IP on your ISP, and if they don't align you can't do anything. It bricks your 3DS.
What? This isn't a thing at all; I live in Chile, but have both my 3DS and my NNID registered as Canadian because I wouldn't get Club Nintendo otherwise. I haven't ever had a single problem and can make full use of my console, even when buying things on the eShop.

Top Bottom